The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2015!

• Freakin love Undertale, but I almost changed my opinion on it because of the fandom. It actually led to me completely changing the way I interact with/on the internet, which I guess can be seen as a positive in the long run. Managed to come back from the toxic swamp of the internet with an even stronger love for this game, where it now ranks among my favorites of all time.

• Speaking of Undertale, is there anyone here that hasn't played it yet that wants to?

• @Sazime Yup and I'd be all over it on Vita next week but I've such a huge backlog and August is a month of several games I'm getting (Hellblade, Matterfall, Uncharted: TLL at least) that it'll be another while yet. I was always kinda waiting for it to come to Vita. Same with Paper's Please.. where the heck is that?

But I definitely want to play it someday.

• @tokeeffe9 I'm always surprised I got to it when I did, considering the backlog I have. Somehow, the fan talk of it (from various podcasts, etc) got me hopping on it a lot earlier than I thought I would.

Which is why I think I am surprised by @SabotageTheTruth 's experience. I guess my interwebs and different. :)

• @Sazime Oh no, I've definitely seen some dislike for the game too but that just makes it more intriguing to me.

• @Sazime Yes, at this point I'm waiting for a Switch version.

• @Sazime Well, here's my story with Undertale. I saw Jim Sterling post a video on it one of the first days it came out. I immediately loved the art style and music, so I purchased it without knowing anything else about it. Finished it the next day, was blown away, completed it again, and then took the internet to watch some Let's Plays. That's where I started noticing the fan base and how they reacted if you don't play exactly the way they want you to. "You ate the pie in an early boss fight?! You're an awful human being and should kill yourself." That could be contributed to YouTube culture in general but there's a very vocal, very annoying section of the Undertale fan base that ruins the game for others, as @naltmank mentioned. Consider yourself lucky!

Either way, it's years out now and some of that fervor has died off thankfully. With it's release on the PS4/Vita next week, now is the perfect time to hop in. I've got my collector's edition on the way, so I'll probably play it again while I wait for Yakuza Kiwami/Everybody's Golf.

• @SabotageTheTruth Good for you, getting away from the negativity. It can be hard sometimes. I first heard of it from the Super Best Friends, and they loved it. They were able to talk about it without spoilers, and their individual reactions to it really got me excited to play it.

Hell, even for games not generally well received, haters can just suck it. It's ok not to like something, but some people are total killjoys.

• I've heard so much about Undertale that I just have to experience it on PS4 now eventually. (Though maybe not this year still, as the fall's pretty insane.)

• Global Moderator

I still haven't played underrate. Also told myself that if I haven't played any of the top 3 or top 4 games I should give them a try.

Guess Im playing Undertale this weekend haha

• As far as the toxic part of the Undertale fandom...

That incident happened because of someone not liking some fanart someone made for the series, it only happened a few months ago too. So I understand why some people shied away due to toxic parts of the fandom. The irony is that the negative fans' opinions are in such stark contrast to the values of Undertale that it makes me wonder if they played the same game as everyone else.

• The apparent horrible fanbase for Undertale is really of no consequence for me, as I'm usually not to involved with fanbases in the internet in general, similar to when I watched MLP, I liked the show but I never really engaged with what I hear is a very toxic fanbase as well.

Even with Persona, I tend to stay on the fringes of the fandom, and from there I can clearly see things that I'm perfectly fine keeping a distance from.

• I could write what I truly think about Undertale, but that would only cause drama, so let's just say I'm not a fan.

• Simply put, Undertale is great game, but has some of the worst fans.

• @Jigoku-no-Musou I must know now! I've only played a few minutes of it so far. Have yet to jump back into it. That was forever ago. But I hear why so many ppl like it but rarely if never have I heard what someone's issues with it are. Either way their just opinions and we should all be able to be civil about it. Up to you. But would like to hear.

• @jipostus I was gonna say something but that sums it up really.

• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

#3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 43 points

Votes

#1: 3 (Axel, Hazz3r, ib0show)
    #2: 2 (Bigdude1, NeoCweeny)
    #3: 2 (GoTaco, Tragosaurus)
    #4: 7 (FF7Cloud, MCMRJ, tokeeffe9, Tearju Engi, ZyloWolfBane, jipostus, gwnner)
    #5: 0

Information

Release date: September 1 [US/EU]
    Developer: Kojima Productions
    Publisher: Konami Digital Entertainment
    Genre: Action-adventure, stealth
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• I dunno, but I'm kinda surprised this placed so high.
    I know, it's MGS and around here that's god tier, but it got so much crap behind the scenes and for the ending. I expected it in the top 10, but super surprised it made the top 3.

But then again...

alt text

• Booooo! An argument can be made that it has good qualities to it, but 3rd best game of 2015? Get outta here.

• @Axel Please tell me you're gonna post #1 and #2 at the same time, cause at this point we all know what the two are.

@CGamor7 you mean like D-Dog? Cause that made it my #6 game of the year, and my #1 dog companion game of all time.