The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2015!

• Global Moderator

@Sentinel-Beach I'll give you that. The openings are incredible. It was always going to be tough for something like Tales when you have Life is Strange also.

• @Sentinel-Beach I know Tales from the Borderlands is supposed to be one of Telltales best games, but Borderlands seems to be a dirty word round here, same with Telltale, so not terribly surprised it didn't make the list. Life is Strange didn't help either.

Since I got the game through PS+ I will have to try it out someday. I do love the openings for Borderlands games, great music choices.

• Never played any of the "actual" Borderlands games, went in blind for the TftB and boy, did it pay off! The best Telltale game I've experienced.

Voted for Life Is Strange as my #3, don't see why I couldn't like them both. But apparently I was pretty much the only one to do so.

• @Sentinel-Beach said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2015!:

And it really happened. Tales from the Borderlands didn't make it into Top 20. You're all monsters. It was my #2.

goes listening/watching those amazing music openings for every episode

I dug it, picked it up on sale was good for a days romp. But I'll probably never touch it again.

Like...It was good, but nothing truly memorable or outstanding about it.

• @jipostus MGS 4 had unnecessary microtransactions
    People that complain about the lack of cutscenes hasn't played Peace Walker. Most of the talking heads are just tapes. Also that ending is amazing. Kojima tied MGSV to MG1 & MG2.

• Well, 3 for 3 which means I'll get perfect on what the top 5 were (even if I should've moved Rocket League from 3rd to 5th).

MGS is a series I've already discussed elsewhere in the forums (Top 100 games I think?) about going back and forth on, so I obviously have not played it (And the next two games). It's to the point now whenever I think of MGS V specifically, I have hatred for Konami.

@Axel I really appreciate that joke ;-)

As far as Tales of the Borderlands, the majority of that game did come out in 2015, but Episode 1 released in 2014 so I think of that as a 2014 game. Still wouldn't have made my top list though.

@SabotageTheTruth We ARE connoisseurs of fine taste. My evidence is Kill Your Babies! X-D

I'm actually not surprised my #'s 2 and 3 didn't make the cut. I'll post my full list, plus the only other two games I played, once #1 is official.

• @CGamor7 Let's just say that I'm just not responsive to the game's style of humor, and as such to me it comes over a utterly pretentious cringe.

• @ib0show Since when MGS4 had microtransactions? As for what I meant with missing story, yes, there is the connection to MG1, but as for overall story of the MGSV itself was not fully there. And I don't just mean the missing mission 51 or chapter 3. If Kojima and crew would have given enough time, over half of the chapter 2 missions wouldn't have been just repeats of same missions you did in chapter 1. Yes, it's not all Konami's fault, as Kojima did make the game too large to be finished in the given time, but how they treated Kojima and other workers is outright disgusting.

• When I scrolled by LoH, Yakuza, and Xenoblade and didn't see my name, I was like, "Wait...I didn't vote for those?!" Turns out 2015 was just a really good year for me, lol.

Congrats Splatoon! Sorry Corpse Party, Fatal Frame, and Resident Evil. I loved you!

• Bloodborne

#2. Bloodborne - 63 points

Votes

#1: 4 (GoTaco, tokeeffe9, TokyoSlim, NeoCweeny)
    #2: 7 (Billy, FF7Cloud, Faaip, Inustar, logic_error, LordBaztion, CGamor7)
    #3: 3 (Tearju Engi, SabotageTheTruth, ib0show)
    #4: 2 (Exist 2 Inspire, Tragosaurus)
    #5: 2 (MCMRJ, Minamik)

Information

Release date: March 24 [US], March 25 [EU]
    Developer: FromSoftware
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

#1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 71 points

Votes

#1: 9 (Billy, FF7Cloud, Faaip, Inustar, ZyloWolfBane, jipostus, Sentinel Beach, LordBaztion, WarpDogsVG)
    #2: 5 (Lotias, MCMRJ, tokeeffe9, TokyoSlim, DisturbedSwan)
    #3: 1 (CGamor7)
    #4: 1 (ib0show)
    #5: 1 (GoTaco)

Information

Release date: May 19 [US/EU]
    Developer: CD Projekt RED
    Publisher: CD Projekt
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• The revelation! Wow, what a close battle that was...

• Nice one! Witcher III, what a journey. I'd never seen anything like it before. The amount of love and details in literally everything.

• And that was a pretty close battle for the first place. Good fight there.

My own list for the year '15:
    #1: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
    #2: Tales from the Borderlands
    #3: Life Is Strange
    #4: Mad Max
    #5: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Thanks for everyone who voted and special thanks to Axel for doing this! It was nice to look back and think about what I really thought were the best games that I'd enjoyed then (and later). Maybe we'll continue going further into the past this way.
    [Gotta get back, back to the past, Samurai Jack]

• It's been a very enjoyable thread to read. I kind of wish I had participated, but I just didn't get around to sending it in. I was annoyed that I couldn't exactly remember what order I had done for my top 10 that year, and it was all lost with GT.

1. Fatal Frame V
    2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    3. Life is Strange
    4. Steins;Gate
    5. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of in the Sky SC

I think my top 5 was something like that, though I thought Corpse Party: Blood Drive was in it for some reason, maybe it was #6.

• Global Moderator

Glad to see the top 2 games being revealed and it is games I can support! or well I havent played that much of bloodborne, but what I have seen from streams and what not it really looks like an awesome game!

• Global Moderator

Well it ended up how I expected. Bloodborne is absolutely one of my favourite games of all time however I can absolutely see why so many people adore The Witcher 3 too. They are both absolutely incredible games for different reasons.

One of these days I'll pick up The Witcher dlc and get immersed in that world all over again.

• And here I was thinking FOR SURE Bloodborne would take the crown! Huh.

I also want to echo @Sentinel-Beach with the participation of everyone and to shoutout @Axel as well for his initiative. I enjoy these threads immensely

For 2015, I didn't play much so here's how it shook out for me:

#1 Ori and the Blind Forest
    #2 Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
    #3 Star Wars Battlefront
    #4 Batman: Arkham Knight
    #5 Rise of the Tomb Raider

I also played Halo 5: Guardians and The Order: 1886

In the case of Wolfenstein, I didn't play it, or The New Order until late last year. While it did take me too long to jump on the bandwagon, I was captivated by both. When trying to remember what I played in 2015, I realized The Old Blood came out in the Spring, so it qualified. I'm looking forward to go through both again at the beginning of October to prep for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

For Star Wars Battlefront, it has become a tale of two games. Yes, it was a bare-bones experience. Yes, it was/is simple in its mechanics. Yes, the lack of quality single player worked to its detriment. However, the first three or four months of the game were great. I hate playing multiplayer in any game, but this was a fun experience and I enjoyed having that squad on squad fighting set in Star Wars.

Then the DLC happened.

Since then, servers have become segmented, it takes, NO JOKE OR HYPERBOLE, FIVE minutes (FIVE!!!) to LEAVE a game, and EA's servers are notorious (for me) to not have a stable connection. The loading is absolutely atrocious in its current state. Launch window Battlefront was a fun time. Current Battlefront is a slog.

I hope EA, DICE, and Motive have fixed that for the upcoming Battlefront II.

Halo 5 didn't make my list because the campaign, while having nice level design, was an incredibly poor story, only having MC in 20% of the game, and not having the titular ring in the game unless you get the Legendary ending. Halo 5 was a trade-off to break into the MLG scene with a completely redesigned multiplayer suite and a story premise that STILL irritates me. Yeah, Halo 5 burned me.

As for the Order, well, at least the game is incredibly pretty. Shame there barely was a game there as it had so much potential. It's kind of hilarious it shipped in Feb of 2015 at $60, but by June/July, I purchased my PS4 and Best Buy forced a free copy on me. Wow.

Thanks for reading if you have! I hope there are more of these lists to come and I can't wait until we get down to the 2017 GOTY (though, I'm sure I know what the top three for that list will be as well)!

• I've played one whole game on this list. Bloodborne, which I liked a lot. I've played a bit of Rocket League at a friend's and I thought it was fun.

I'd say a good half of this list is on my 'to play' list, but I've got so much to check out from before 2015. I dunno if I'll ever get around to them.

• Feels pretty good, all 5 of mine made the list:

1 Bloodborne
    2 The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
    3 Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition
    4 Life is Strange
    5 Undertale