The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2015!

• Global Moderator

Glad to see the top 2 games being revealed and it is games I can support! or well I havent played that much of bloodborne, but what I have seen from streams and what not it really looks like an awesome game!

• Well it ended up how I expected. Bloodborne is absolutely one of my favourite games of all time however I can absolutely see why so many people adore The Witcher 3 too. They are both absolutely incredible games for different reasons.

One of these days I'll pick up The Witcher dlc and get immersed in that world all over again.

• And here I was thinking FOR SURE Bloodborne would take the crown! Huh.

I also want to echo @Sentinel-Beach with the participation of everyone and to shoutout @Axel as well for his initiative. I enjoy these threads immensely

For 2015, I didn't play much so here's how it shook out for me:

#1 Ori and the Blind Forest
    #2 Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
    #3 Star Wars Battlefront
    #4 Batman: Arkham Knight
    #5 Rise of the Tomb Raider

I also played Halo 5: Guardians and The Order: 1886

In the case of Wolfenstein, I didn't play it, or The New Order until late last year. While it did take me too long to jump on the bandwagon, I was captivated by both. When trying to remember what I played in 2015, I realized The Old Blood came out in the Spring, so it qualified. I'm looking forward to go through both again at the beginning of October to prep for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

For Star Wars Battlefront, it has become a tale of two games. Yes, it was a bare-bones experience. Yes, it was/is simple in its mechanics. Yes, the lack of quality single player worked to its detriment. However, the first three or four months of the game were great. I hate playing multiplayer in any game, but this was a fun experience and I enjoyed having that squad on squad fighting set in Star Wars.

Then the DLC happened.

Since then, servers have become segmented, it takes, NO JOKE OR HYPERBOLE, FIVE minutes (FIVE!!!) to LEAVE a game, and EA's servers are notorious (for me) to not have a stable connection. The loading is absolutely atrocious in its current state. Launch window Battlefront was a fun time. Current Battlefront is a slog.

I hope EA, DICE, and Motive have fixed that for the upcoming Battlefront II.

Halo 5 didn't make my list because the campaign, while having nice level design, was an incredibly poor story, only having MC in 20% of the game, and not having the titular ring in the game unless you get the Legendary ending. Halo 5 was a trade-off to break into the MLG scene with a completely redesigned multiplayer suite and a story premise that STILL irritates me. Yeah, Halo 5 burned me.

As for the Order, well, at least the game is incredibly pretty. Shame there barely was a game there as it had so much potential. It's kind of hilarious it shipped in Feb of 2015 at $60, but by June/July, I purchased my PS4 and Best Buy forced a free copy on me. Wow.

Thanks for reading if you have! I hope there are more of these lists to come and I can't wait until we get down to the 2017 GOTY (though, I'm sure I know what the top three for that list will be as well)!

• I've played one whole game on this list. Bloodborne, which I liked a lot. I've played a bit of Rocket League at a friend's and I thought it was fun.

I'd say a good half of this list is on my 'to play' list, but I've got so much to check out from before 2015. I dunno if I'll ever get around to them.

• Feels pretty good, all 5 of mine made the list:

1 Bloodborne
    2 The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
    3 Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition
    4 Life is Strange
    5 Undertale

• All of mine made it, which is pretty uncommon for me! I wonder if doing this list a year and half after the end of 2015 meant people got to play some smaller titles that maybe they hadn't finished by the end of 2015? I didn't play Life is Strange until the beginning of this year, so at that time it wouldn't have made my list!

1 Undertale
    2 Bloodborne
    3 Life is Strange
    4 Until Dawn
    5 Splatoon

• Only 1 game I voted for, lol.

1. Tales of Zestiria (PS4)
    2. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (XBone)
    3. Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (3DS)
    4. Transformers: Devastation (XBone)
    5. Omega Quintet (PS4)

• 6 Huniepop

• @TokyoSlim Would have to check all my games of 2015 to confirm that but Top 10 for sure.

• Wow, my list contains a lot of things it seems no one else was as interested in? Then again, most of I have played from 2015 were indies, and I stopped playing MGSV because I got frustrated with a boss fight. Killed it for me.

1. Crypt of the Necrodancer
    2. Undertale
    3. Hand of Fate
    4. Her Story
    5. Fallout 4

• @Sazime I keep seeing Crypt of the Necrodancer on sale (I think it's like $2 on PSN right now). Good enough to be your number one? Hmm, I'm interested.

• I guess my list ended up being a little obscure.

1.Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

1. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.
    2. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.
    3. Ori and the Blind Forest.
    4. Citizens of Earth.

• Two out of five isn't bad.

1. J-Stars Victory VS+
    2. Tales of Zestiria
    3. Superbeat: Xonic
    4. Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of Despair
    5. Yakuza 5

Never played BB or W3 though.

• @SabotageTheTruth I'm a huge rhythm game nerd, and it combines that with RPG elements. It can be a hard game, but it's a lot of fun. And the soundtrack? OMG. It's the best.

• Thanks to everyone who participated, it was again a lot of fun for me to tally your votes and see the list shape up!

Here's my key highlights and takeaways:

• There were two clear winners, Bloodborne and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. They swapped places quite a few times as I received votes, but Witcher eventually took over and never looked back.
    • More people voted for Bloodborne than Witcher (18 vs 17) but Witcher got more GOTY votes (9 vs 4).
    • 2015's winner received less points than 2016's winner, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, with 71 points against 89. However, proportionally to the number of participants, Witcher had a better average than Uncharted (1.89 vs 1.75).
    • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain held a solid third place the entire time.
    • Two indie darlings in the Top 5, Undertale and Rocket League. I'm particularly surprised to see Undertale so high!
    • JRPG lovers had their say with Xenoblade Chronicles X, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC and Tales of Zestiria.
    • Yakuza 5 got 3 GOTY votes and... nothing else. That's more GOTY votes than any game outside the Top 4. You either love it or haven't played it!
    • In contrast, Fallout 4 is the only game in the Top 10 to have received zero GOTY vote. You either kinda like it or hate it.
    • 3 Wii U exclusives made the list (Super Mario Maker, Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles X).
    • 2 PS4 exclusives, Until Dawn and Bloodborne.
    • Zero Xbox One exclusive, unless you count Rise of the Tomb Raider which was a timed exclusive in 2015, and Ori and the Blind Forest which is a "console exclusive".
    • 1 PSP game, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC!
    • Big names that missed out: Heroes of the Storm, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, 6 points.
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops III, 4 points.
    • Star Wars Battlefront, 3 points.
    • Mortal Kombat X, 1 point.

I played 8 of these 20 games. SOMA, Undertale, Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 are now (or still) on my backlog.

I'll be happy to keep digging into the past with those lists, but the next in line is 2017's GOTY which promises to be a bloodbath of epic proportions!

• @Axel said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2015!:

the next in line is 2017's GOTY which promises to be a bloodbath of epic proportions!

Yakuza 0 GOTY

• @Jigoku-no-Musou
    Damn, I forgot Devastation was a 2015 game. Same with Tales from the Borderlands, and I guess I forgot about Super Mario Maker period.

Dunno which I'd pick for a #5 slot (My top 4 were all pretty in-stone) but if I could go back I'd choose any of them over Hotline Miami 2. I thought it was cool but the only reason it got a top five slot at all was becuase I struggled to remember anything after the first four barnstormers.

• This was my top 5.

1. Splatoon
    2. Corpse Party: Blood Drive
    3. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
    4. Resident Evil Revelations 2
    5. Bloodborne

At least 2 of them made it, although Bloodborne was a bit of a given.

• @Axel said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2015!:

I'll be happy to keep digging into the past with those lists, but the next in line is 2017's GOTY which promises to be a bloodbath of epic proportions!

Really happy to hear that!
    ...but GOTY '17 will be like at the end of January or something? 5-6 months away. We'd have the whole autumn time to have other Best of... votings. Just saying. :) I'd be super into them.

• @parasitepaladin OH MY GOSH! I can't believe I forgot about J-Stars!!!