The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2015!

• I didn't beat Ori, but I've got to say I found it dissapointing.

All of the appeal it had quickly diminished after a few hours and even the presentation lost its luster, to the point where I just didn't care anymoe.

• Ori would have been my number 6. It's gorgeous game, and highly recommend it to pretty much everyone, even though I know not everyone will appreciate it fully.

• As I posted earlier, I only played seven games that came out in 2015 (one of which I didn't get to until late last year) and Ori was the clear winner for me. I was captivated when I first saw the trailer during the Xbox conference at E3 2014, showcasing what turns out to be the beginning of the game.

Artistically speaking, not realistically and not stylistically, this is the most beautiful game I've ever played. The forest had such lush and spectacular environments and the story was sorrowful (Though it DID lose some of that impact a little at the end). My one big criticism for the game is while the game is challenging throughout, the difficulty spike for the end sequence seemed like an unnatural jump by just a little bit.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps was my biggest announcement from this past E3 (Which is saying something considering the likes of A Way Out, Anthem, Metro Exodus, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, Beyond Good and Evil 2, and Horizon: Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds), so I'm excited to eventually go through this game again.

If you like Metroidvanias or you're a fan of the watercolor painting come to life artwork, I cannot recommend this game enough. Shoutout to @michemagius for also liking Ori to make their list!

• @Brannox Ori must not be that great though, as only two people voting for it is a little telling. :P BAM! I was waiting to release that nugget back into the wild.

I honestly would love to give Ori a go but console exclusivity has pretty much ensured I'll never play it unless an Xbox One just mysteriously shows up at my house.

• @SabotageTheTruth The Ori and the blind forest is on Steam, GOG and possibly even in more places as well as on Xbox One. And I'm fairly sure the sequel will be on Steam and GOG as well, maybe not as soon as it's on Xbox, but eventually.

• @jipostus Sweet, I honestly hadn't even thought of checking Steam. I'll play you yet, Ori!

• I once imported the US version when it was on sale on Play-Asia, since we didn't got a retail release in europe for this one (thanks MS), but tbh havn't gotten around really playing it yet.
    How long is it approximately?

• @Jigoku-no-Musou It takes about 8 - 12 hours to play through.

• Just put Ori on my wishlist as well.. I'm hoping to get to it soon

• Tales of Zestiria

#16. Tales of Zestiria - 8 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Jigoku no Musou)
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (parasitepaladin)
    #5: 1 (Tragosaurus)

Information

Release date: October 16 [EU], October 20 [US]
    Developer: Bandai Namco Studios, tri-Crescendo
    Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
    Genre: Role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Zestiria was actually a really fun Tales game, I don't really know why it gets put down to be honest. I didn't put a lot of time into it, but I did finish it. Reminds me that I need to get back to Berseria.

• Tales is a franchise I have no interest in, but a good friend of mine is really into it so when I have questions, I go to him. Outside of that, it doesn't surprise me that it placed.

• I usually like every Tales of, I even liked Symphonia 2, this though was the 1st I played that has japanese voices, which adds extra awesomness for a weeb like me.
    On the other hand, 2015 imo wasn't a great year, my GotY was an easy choice really, nothing compared to this year.

• Oh hey, I made it!
    Zestiria was pretty cool, more so after playing Berseria.
    As @Jigoku-no-Musou said, it wasn't a great year.

• I generally like most Tales games but I thought Zestiria was the worst one I've ever played, except for maybe Symphonia 2.

I didnt think they could manage a worse main character than Luke from Abyss but Sorey is the absolute worst main character in any game I've played

• Until Dawn

#15. Until Dawn - 9 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 4 (Axel, GoTaco, Hazz3r, logic_error)
    #5: 1 (naltmank)

Information

Release date: August 25 [US], August 26 [EU]
    Developer: Supermassive Games
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Genre: Interactive drama, survival horror
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Until Dawn would have made my list had we been able to nominate 10 games. It does a lot of interesting stuff, although it does give this false sense that multiple playthroughs will be extremely different when that's just not true at all. Plus, we have this wonderful pajama party thanks to this game.

Youtube Video

• Until Dawn is coming up in my queue since it was free on PS Plus.. I'm looking forward to playing through it!

• @Faaip Good October game, I gotta say. That's when I played through it last year.

• @SabotageTheTruth Oh that's a good idea! I think I'll hold off until then instead.