Hawaii travel tips?

• Hi allies,

I'm going to be moving to Hawaii in a week for grad school at UH Manoa, and my family is going to hop over as well to "help me move." I'll be living in Monoa valley, and I think my parents are staying at an AirBnB in Kaimuki. Wish we could have time for island hopping, but I'm going to be way too busy, I think. Any good travel recommendations/tips and tricks I can use to help keep them entertained while I drown in busy work? Better yet, any tips you can give me to help mentally prepare myself for living on Oahu on a TA stipend? Finally, if any of you live on-island and want to meet up at some point in the next 2-7 years, I'd love to chill! I could never quite arrange that Japan meet-up, but that doesn't mean I'll stop trying for wherever it is that I end up!

• They could spend the better part of a day at the Wildlife Refuge and forest reserves. North shore and Waikiki have good surfing, you could check to see if there are any competitions going on while your family is there.

Good luck living on a stipend, spend time shopping around until you can find the grocery stories with the best prices, though farmer's markets are probably your best bet for cheap food.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.