8/29 who else is hyped?!?!

• Everyone is talking about how great 10/27 is going to be (and it will, I mean new Mario, come on) but I think a lot of people are overlooking how awesome 8/29 is going to be as well.

At least for me here's all the games I'm planning on getting....

-Absolver (PS4) (really cool looking melee based brawler I guess? Seems like it'll be really fun going online and busting heads)

-Everyone's Golf (PS4) (the classic hot shots golf is back baby, but now with open world golf course and more mini games, I'm in)

-Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition (PS4) (don't really game on PC so I've been so jelly I couldn't play this awesome RPG)

-Windjammers (PS4) (Oh man, one of the SNK greats, Frisbee up!)

-Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battles (Switch) (this game generally surprised me, before E3 it seemed like a cheap cash in, after seeing it in action I didn't know I wanted Mario in my Xcom)

I'm really excited for all those games, not to mention Yakuza Kiwami, which I'd probably get if I didn't already have Yakuza Zero in my backlog. Anyone else planning on picking up any of these games or others.

I can't be the only one hyped for this day, can I?

• I'm getting Kiwami and Everybody's Golf. Can't wait! Got to finish Life is Strange before then.

• @TokyoSlim

You ever get to play the first Yakuza? I'm really interested to hear bout how much it improves and what all is added like new missions/story related stuff, I think they already mentioned the new fighting styles from Zero are going to be there as well as some cool skins ; )

• @TheMarcV yeah, I have 1, 2, 4, and 0.

1/2 are rough. Looking forward to the QOL improvements. Unsure about Majima anywhere fitting into the storyline, but I love Majima, so I'm willing to let it slide. :)

Ben played through Y1 like 6 months ago if you want to check it out, but it's hard to gauge how much better they've gotten at how the game " feels " from watching someone else play it.

• @TokyoSlim

Yeah I have 1-3 and zero, mostly I remember the combat being a little stiff in the first couple. I don't know if I'll be able to but ideally Id get to zero, then get Kawami and then 6. During the E3 coverage I was most hyped about the fighting improvements in 6, I think its the area in these games that needed the most polish, glad to hear its getting it.

• I'm real excited about EG too. Open world Hot Shots Golf MMO!

• Yakuza for sure.

• I pre-ordered Yakuza Kiwami and Mario + Rabbids. I also pre-ordered physical copies of Velocity 2X and Axiom Verge which are also coming out that week.

• Right now I have Yakuza, Mario + Rabbids, and Everybody's Gold preordered but im thinking of canceling Golf

• Picking up Kiwami and Everybody's Golf, definently. I probably won't touch Kiwami until I finish Resident Evil 7 and Nier: Automata though, I need a bit of a cleanse after the insanity that was Yakuza 0.

• @DMCMaster
    Any reason you might be giving EG the axe? Too many games for one day or gotta protect the wallet? Just not that interested?

• @SabotageTheTruth
    Nice, I still have Nier in the wings and I'll looking to snag RE 7 around the holidays when it hopefully goes on sale.

• God, every month is full of good games this year. Who would have thought August of all months would have some real heavy hitters?

I'm psyched about Mario + Rabbids

• @TheMarcV
    Too many for one day, and I have my last payment for a TV I bought thru QVC (yes I used a home shopping network to get a TV) a few days before they all come out. Like saturday the TV is paid, then sunday the money should come out for Rabbids and Yakuza from Amazon, then Tuesday I get paid again. Although If I can manage to get some overtime I might keep EG

Edit
    Just checked with my banks rewards program, didnt have enough for a Amazon gift card, but did have enough for two $50 gamestop cards (why a $100 Amazon card is more points then a 2 $50 Gamestop gift cards I dont know)

• Silly Americans. There aren't 29 Months.

• @Yoshi In America there are. We got more months than you!

• Windjammers is tight as hell. What a game.

I don't know how interested I am in the rest, at least for now.

• Everybody's golf - where you can play as Shuhei Yoshida:
    alt text

• Yakuza!

And earlier in the month Sonic Mania!

• It's all about White Day on the 25th for me this month.