Hall of Greats Compendium

• I'm still salty because Silent Hill 2 should have made it in this round. I was really expecting Ian's video to start off normal, hear a klaxon, and then have a bunch of strange effects over some more points as to why it is absolutely the best horror game ever made... Instead it got hit hard for being one of the weaker presentations, which is totally fair.

• Yeah, down with alliances. The games should be getting through on their own merits and the strength of the presentations, not by shenanigans.

• Alliances really should go away, it diminishes the whole point of everyone presenting arguments if in the end that's not gonna matter and people will just end up casting a preplanned vote. I've seen a lot of complaints about it in both the youtube vide so hopefully Bosman stops being stubborn and gets rid of them.

• Welp, this coming Tuesday is another HOG stream and it's the final group stream in the garage. Damn, so many memories over the past 3 years but this will be a good change, plus HOG feels like a proper send-off stream.

• I am... conflicted.

I am happy they are moving up in the world.

But I am gonna miss that garage... and Sophie.

Looking forward to the HOGs though, as always. I wonder what Don is gonna pitch this time?

• This one was marred a little for me, because I got hit with buffering RIGHT when voting was getting underway. I missed Huber's three vote, and all of Kyle's and Bloodworth's choices. That said, I was pulling for three games and two of them wound up being on the poll (the third was quickly dismissed, so I'm a touch salty about that). The outright winner was GOING to be the outright winner the instant it's name was said. And between what's up for the vote, there's one clear choice, despite the fact I really like the other.

• Oh boy, this was so nervewrecking for me. I was tearing my hair out during that voting section. Thank god for Brad and Brandon (my heroes!) for saving my baby, lol.

The 1st spot game absolutely deserved it, i'm not the biggest fan of it but i can't deny the great things it does, and i completely understand why people love it so much. As for the tiebreaker, well i hope you Patrons do it right, just as you did before.

Goodbye Jones' garage, you have been nothing but essential to the allies. I'll miss you.

• So Im really confused, doesnt Kyle hate LTTP? But he loves Link's Awakening?

• How the hell did Deus Ex not get any votes??!!!?????!!!!! Like Im literally speechless

• With how the current Patreon poll is going and taking a look into prior Hall of Greats' results by the numbers, I get the feeling it is VERY possible the loser will be brought back AND make it in during the next induction.

My "evidence" to support my theory?

• The first HoG was the only other instance a Patreon vote was enacted and the loser (Super Street Fighter II) immediately got in the next HoG.

• In instances where the top two were close to one another, with the exception of Final Fantasy IX and The Witcher III, a game that has placed in third being VERY close to second eventually was inducted in the following HoG three times: the aforementioned Street Fighter II, Castlevania: SotN, and the winner of this most recent one

Bloodborne

• "Salty Runbacks" or games returning from previous nominations have a surprisingly good track record:

1.) Resident Evil: Remake was brought at the first and got 0 votes (this is prior, and probably the impetus for, the one year ban rule), but eventually was nominated.

2.) Bloodborne was brought three times, garnering more votes each time until its eventual induction.

3.) Super Street Fighter II has been touched on.

4.) Mega Man Legends has been brought three times and is probably the most notable in regards to not making it in, only having three votes COMBINED, one vote at EACH appearance. I include this to highlight the exception, or flaw if you will, to my thinking.

5.) Castlevania: SotN has been touched on.

6.) If the Patreon Poll ends with the same result, Portal will join RE:make as being the second game to wait a while before making it in.

7.) Link's Awakening, The Last of Us, Dark Souls, and Silent Hill 2 are currently the only games that have been brought twice and not be nominated. Of those, Link's Awakening has accumulated 13 combined votes, Silent Hill 2 as accured 11, Darks Souls has eight, and The Last of Us holds seven.

And finally

8.) Regardless of who loses, but at this time it appears to be God of War, this nominee will have the most votes ever to NOT eventually make it in

• ** Post Updated **

• @brannox I think that (how we call them) the "Salty Runbacks" are bound to happen and are organic to this kind of process.

All the games mentioned before , have a strong emotional impact to at least 1 of the Allies, so naturally you will see them being brought back time and time again till they make it in, like Castelnavia SotN, Bloodbourn, and RE Remake.

So its safe to assume that, Dark Souls, Links Awakening, TLoU, Silent Hill 2 and Mega Man Legends, statistically will make it in sooner than later. My bets are in for them making it in, in that same order. :P

• @acardattack I can stand behind Kyle on that distinction, don't @ me! XD.

I think Kyle makes a good case during hes presentation describing it as three major points, "Simplicity, Cohension, and
    Weaponized Quaintness". All of this three things are what makes LTTP and LA, very, very different.

• @edsortiz That's very true, but also consider that with nine different entries per stream, and only two openings per, if something votes extremely well and DOESN'T get in, then it's a great indicator it's inclusion is imminent, because it's a strong signal to the Ally who brought said game they can succeed with it if they choose to bring it again.

And to your point about the list of games brought twice eventually making it in, I personally think Link's Awakening (based off cumulative votes) and the Last of Us (based off mindshare) are much more likely to get in sooner than later than Dark Souls (because Bloodborne is now in) and Mega Man Legends (It only has one vote in each appearance. I think Mr. Bosman has gotten the hint).

However, all that said, if an Ally does NOT bring the loser of the Patreon poll for the next stream, I FULLY believe the next two entrants will be games that haven't been brought yet.

• @edsortiz Megaman Legends? Do you really think that's gonna get in?
    I love Bosman's passion for that game but no one else seems invested. And considering how many amazing games that aren't in yet, I can't picture that one getting in for years. Unless he manages to get everyone else to vote based on arguments only.... or pity votes 😁

• @inustar I was being a bit "jokey" with that one, but the point i was making is, that if you keep bringing the game up, statistically will make it in at some point (of course excluding simply bad games). I know it will be rough to get in, but I think at some point it might, its a really amazing game.

• Congratz to the new inductee Portal, for winning the Patreon poll for the Hall of Greats

• Portal 2 is an actual video game. Portal 1 is a tech demo.

The boss fight with Glados didn't matter, because it was about the Portal mechanics, and not about making an overall good videogame. Sure, they did really well to put out what they did and make it as good as they did, but Portal 2 blows it out of the water in every single way.

I loved that thing to death when it released but it should not be in the Hall of Greats when Portal 2 is a thing that exists.

• @hazz3r A 3 hour tech demo? Then it's gotta be the greatest tech demo of all time, coming in at that length and originality.

I also prefer the first Portal to the 2nd, because it's much more focused. The 2nd tries to slam you over the head with humor, while the first felt subtle. I've gladly completed the first game multiple times while I've never felt compelled to finish the 2nd, because it really loses me with its pacing. While things like goo and light bridges do add to the overall complexity of puzzles in the second game, it didn't feel like a groundbreaking experience when it released - it was a sequel that added things.

• I prefer Portal 2 to Portal 1, but Portal 1 is still a fantastic game and deserves to be recognized as One of the Greats (tm).