Hall of Greats Compendium

• Any quick predictions on tonight's games? Salty come-backs?

• I wouldn't be shocked if God of War came back, but outside of that, I get the feeling we'll be getting nine new submissions. I'm more curious how they do the confessional voting, as this will be the first time HoG is in the studio.

• I can see The Witcher III coming back, either by Huber or Blood. And I'd like to see an Uncharted in there. 2 & 4 would have the strongest chance.

• Man, it seems that GoW's gonna go in the hall earlier than TLoU and that kinda grinds my gears.

Anyway, Silent Hill 2 is coming back this time I think. Got pretty close the last time it was there, if my memory serves right.

• @brannox
    They'll probably just all go in the Green Room.

I'd really like some new submissions. No salty runbacks this week please. Respect the first Hall of Greats of the studio.

• @hazz3r I meant in terms of them casting the votes, not where they'll go. They've already hinted that they haven't quite figured out the multi-room setup yet for E3 coverage, so I wonder if the votes will stay in the stream room, or tonight might be the first time the majority of the stream is where it has been, and the voting is done on the main show stage. I think it'll all stay in the stream, but tonight is a good candidate for debuting such a setup.

• @brannox That's what I'm saying. They'll stick everything to the Stream room as always and just go into the Green Room across the hall while everyone has time in the Stream room voting.

• Personally, this HoG had just a weird vibe for me throughout. No Bloodworth, I loved Don's willingness to be creative, and getting to see Ian live was really nice. Personally, I would've voted for the final three, but I would flip the orderr. Regardless, I felt this was another predictable outcome after the final presentation, but before the voting started.

• This HoG session is pretty great, so many memorable moments again. Ben's presentation was emotionally potent yet again, Huber's almost frightening passion for something so new is astounding, and Damiani's defense against Kyle that got more heated as it ended was intense. Predictable results, but what can you do about that, it's just the nature of these sort of things during the early years.

• I can't wait for year 8 when they bring out crazy shit like Viva Piñata and Crysis.

• Per usual, we got a game in that I adore (Super Mario Bros 3) and a game I'd rather not think about, so it was another successful HOG for me.

One rule that I'd be interested in them implementing is not allowing a nomination if the game was released within the previous 12 months. While I enjoyed Huber's passionate argument for Sekiro and while everything he said may prove true after 12 months, there just hasn't been enough time to ingest the game. Time is a valuable resource. It gives us the ability to reflect on the product as a whole, as well as talk to others and get their perspective on it. We've all had that moment where we finished some piece of media, walked away from it super hyped, and then started to realize all the problems it has days, weeks, and sometimes months later. The rule would also remove the uneasiness around "how early is it to bring something?" as that would be a known factor.

• I imagine it's been said but it'd be cool to carry the zero votes to the end along with top 3. HIGH STAKES.

• @bam541 yeah it kinda makes me wish they would have done like a pre-list of greats, bringing something like SMB3, or Ocarina is not exciting a just a sure bet that makes it all a bit less exciting. But at least as time goes by we do see less of this obvious candidates that just dominate.

Also nothing against the games, but I do have to admit I just like to see when a From Soft game doesn't make it in, it is not that I think they are not worthy, it's just that I don't ussually like the discourse around them and how uninspired it has become.