Hall of Greats Compendium

• I know it's only a bit of dumb fun and all, but it was a bit of a "fuck you" to the people who look forward to & enjoy the Hall of Greats.

• You guys already said it all, but just in case the Allies are reading this looking for feedback I'll add my voice to yours: I really didn't appreciate Ian's presentation. It was straight up trolling, and it wasn't funny or entertaining in any way.

Also I'd rather wait another week than have only 7 Allies present, these streams only happen once every 3 months so make them count.

Overall, please don't forget you have an audience, and openly antagonizing them isn't a clever thing to do...

• This is the first Hall of Greats where I've played every single game listed and enjoy most of them. So in reality, that should mean I felt very split on the candidates, right? Well, not really.

The whole concept of this is to celebrate games that the Allies love and to ask probing questions as to why a game should be held in such a regard. While Kyle's Halo presentation made me laugh at points, it's purposely hyperbolic in a disingenuous way. The cross-examination of Bioshock didn't even really have questions in it - just mostly statements that this segment of the game sucks because Kyle says it sucks. Then Ian's presentation... While it does add a slightly interesting wrinkle (voting for a game that most consider excellent despite an awful showing), it's a months long grudge carried out since Dark Souls didn't get in - despite another Souls series game being in the HoG.

To me, it feels like the Hall of Greats stream has become more of an obligation to some of the Allies than a fun segment for them to work on. While some true passion does shine through, it seems to be less and less each time and my once favorite stream is quickly becoming something I might start skipping altogether.

Such a sour taste in my mouth after watching this one.

• I realized the OP hasn't been updated in awhile so I thought I would go ahead and drop the stats of HoG's 9 & 10 here just in case anybody would be curious to see the most up-to-date Hall and inquire of current bans.

Q2 2019; April 30 (Bloodworth couldn't make the stream due to being on assignment so he did not have a nominee to list

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Damiani) 14
    Super Mario Bros. 3 (Bosman) 12

Final Fantasy IX (Ben) 10
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Brad) 6
    WaveRace 64 (Don) 3
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Huber) 3
    GoldenEye 007 (Jones) (BAN until Q2 2020) 0
    Dark Souls: Remastered (Ian) (BAN until Q2 2020) 0

Q3 2019; Aug 6 (Two Allies were MIA as Jones was on Paternity Leave and Brad was either on assignment or under the weather [reason was not stated on stream])

The Last of Us (Huber) 8 (Patreon Vote)
    The Witcher III: The Wild Hunt (Bloodworth) 8 (Patreon Vote)

Phantasy Star Online (Ben) 8
    Halo: Combat Evolved (Bosman) 6
    BioShock (Damiani) 6
    Burnout 3: Takedown (Don) 5
    Final Fantasy VII (Ian) 1

• Global Moderator

Updated the original post. Thanks @Brannox

• @kristen-rogers You're welcome!

• Hey everyone! So I have decided to embrace some fun free time of mine and make an Excel sheet for the Hall of Greats because truly, why not. So here you go every one if you care deeply! If you have anything you see needs to be changed, or added just let me know!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16lTXbqdJWGKedoZIikUu3BO7YN07kMPtkTOxoZQsn7Y/edit?usp=sharing

• @brunojoey This is very cool. Thanks for creating and sharing!

• @Brannox Thanks a lot! Looking for jobs can have a bright side. I tend to get in a mood to watch a few before the next one. Even if the next one might be at the end of November...

• @brunojoey Relateable.