Hall of Greats Compendium

• Thanks to Jones for bringing back all those Hillsbrad Foothills memories I tried to forget.

• Global Moderator

Main post updated. Thanks @Brannox Chris Leroux does the graphics in the post, he's credited below the image, but besides asking him about it I don't have easy access to the updated ones since they aren't uploaded anywhere for me to just grab.

• @kristen-rogers Thank you! I know Mr. Leroux does the graphics but I feel contacting him out of the blue to ask for a most up-to-date graphic, especially since 1.) I don't have access to update someone else's post and 2.) Outside of text, I'm not fully versed in how to do pictures in a forum post. I know links pretty well, but I'm not confident in being able to adjust pictures solely.

Either way it's fine, because I'm more of a nerd about the stats and such. =-)

• EZA just confirmed that we're getting a new Hall of Greats next Tuesday! HYPE!

• @jifw52 Man, I feel like the last HoG happened a lifetime ago. I'm betting Huber's gonna bring a pretty recent game again, maybe TLOU2 lol

• I have been curious when it'll happen. It's been since March and was one of the last things EZA did in the studio. I was tempted to ask Jones via Cup of Jones a couple weeks ago, but someone got ahead of me.

Regardless, I'm very excited and fascinated for how this next installment will play out. I'm predicting the presentations be very creative, and I'm... not really concerned but unsure how the cross-examination will happen with the likelihood of people getting cut off. But the voting system is what I'm most fascinated by (sans the actual games themselves).

• Global Moderator

It's gonna be next Tuesday.

• I'm excited for a new Hall of Greats! It's probably my favourite Easy Allies production since they opened up shop. I'll definitely miss Bosman's presentations. He always has such a good unique spin on things, even if it's "just" a Power Point. I think his final Mega Man Legends gameplay presentation was a good sendoff and I hope Bloodworth can carry the torch.

• @dipset

Yeah, I miss Kyle too. He was my favourite ally.

• For being the first Quarantine version, I felt July 2020's version was entertaining and pretty successful. Not without a couple of hiccups, but overall I enjoyed it. While not the first HoG where there wasn't a single game I was rooting for, it's been some time, and having a HoG where I don't have a horse in the race takes away some self-imposed pressure and makes it a different but still delightful experience.

Surprised it took this long for both Tropical Freeze and a Yakuza game to get in.

• Yeah, this HoG session was really good considering the limitations at hand. Now I have Don's pick on my radar, that game looks really sick. Also, shoutout to Ian's wonderful presentation.

• My dream entries were 1/2 getting in this HoG so I can't be TOO sad, but still waiting for the one that fell a little short.

• I'm a fan of the game Ian brought to this HOG and I felt like his presentation was spot on for that game. I still think it's a game that people have to experience for themselves. Also, Damiani did a great job making it all work considering the circumstances.

• @shoulderguy It's the one game I want to try, and since it's supposed to get a console port and re-release on PC at some point in 2020, I'm excited for a first playthrough for it.

• I reviewed Ian's entry for a publication called WhatCulture back in the day. It's a terrible review, but the game itself holds a special place in my heart. It's something you really need to play as blind as possible. I think Ian explained it very well when he says that the game is an open book but then still manages to subvert your expectations.

• As I promised after the last HoG, since I don't see any updates from last night's gathering, here are the stats, if anyone is interested:

"Q2" 2020, July 2020

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Brad) 14
    Yakuza 0 (Huber) 12

Bayonetta (Ben) 9
    Journey (Jones) 6
    Katamari Damacy (Bloodworth) 4
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (Damiani) 2
    The Stanley Parable (Ian) 1
    Huntdown (Don) 0 Banned until Q2 2021

• If anyone saw the Community Showcase, or missed it. I made a website for the Hall of Greats! Here is the link if you care at all. https://hall-of-greats.herokuapp.com/

• @brunojoey I did and wanted to respond to you directly to say I think it's AWESOME. I shouted you out in my recent post for our Top Games of the Decade countdown thread, but to truncate what I said: it's an incredible resource and I recognize the effort you put in. It's fantastic!

• @Brannox oh awesome!!! Thanks for the shoutout there! Glad you like it a bunch! From one HoG stat nerd to another!

• @brunojoey This is nice! What is it made in?

Also, thehallofgreats.com is very cheap on Google Domains. Just an idea!