Hall of Greats Compendium

• @edsortiz Oh, and thank you SO MUCH for the upvotes. I'm so tired of the ten minute timer that I keep stumbling onto!!!

Welp! There it goes.... I'll have to wait 600 seconds to post this until I have more Karma or whatever this forum calls it... -_-

• No problem :) i didnt know about that O.O

• @ThyBlight Some weird ones are being nominated at least (usually by Don) but yeah, we just gotta wait a bit until the big boys are in their rightful place. Have some upvotes, by the way.

@edsortiz yeah, the upvote timer got enacted because we were getting flooded by spam on a massive level every day. It's been gone for awhile thankfully.

• On the subject of certain games getting in, you also need to take the Allies themselves into account. Their preferences will get in before anything else. MGS, Ocarina of Time, SM64, and Castlevania are clear indicators as each I think are one of the Allies' favorite games of all time. I know Mr. Bosman has MGS #1 and I know Mr. Jones has stated on the record that OoT is the greatest game ever made. Mr. Damiani, I need to be double-checked on this one, said either OoT or SM64 was his favorite game of all time. I don't think SotN is Mr. Hinck's favorite game of all time with Bloodborne and Dark Souls out there, but I know from all of the content I've seen with Mr. Hinck discussing games, I think he talks about Bloodborne ONLY more than SotN.

As for Super Metroid and Super Street Fighter, of course the Allies think they're phenomenal, but I don't know if either is any of the Allies' absolute favorite.

Also, look at the time frame: 98, 94, 96, 94, 98, 97. This is also a clear indicator that time period is also going to be a common denominator for games getting in. With that being said, over the course of the next 6 or 7 Hall of Greats streams, you should expect some of the following getting in:

GTA III
    GTA IV
    GTA V
    Metroid Prime
    Halo
    Halo 2
    Halo 3
    Bioshock
    Resident Evil 4
    Mass Effect 2
    The Legend of Zelda
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Super Mario Bros.
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Skyrim
    Red Dead Redemption
    Final Fantasy VI
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy IX
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    Bloodborne

• @edsortiz You've just about pushed me over the edge on your lonesome! Sweet, hahaha! 1 Karma left!

Yeah, apparently you can only post once every 10 minutes until you have 5 Karma.

• @Brannox
    I cannot wait to hear Bosman denounce Bioshock despite how much I friggin' love that game. I just love hearing him diss games that I like.

I'm actually surprised that Jones hasn't brought in Red Dead yet.

• @SabotageTheTruth
    Man I love Don's picks. I actually want that Jurassic Park Game now. Though with the new one coming I think I'll just wait it out for that. Still, though, he brings such unique choices in!

• Brannox's list made me remember the disturbing fact that Resident Evil 4 didn't make it into the Top 100 games list at all here, when we voted for them. Damn, you're all weird!

• I still love that ACIV: Black Flag was Don's very first nomination.

• @Sentinel-Beach I don't think RE4 will get in before RE2, so we shall all likely continue to be weird 😊

• @Inustar I don't know. All of them love RE4, even Kyle, whereas I think the only one passionate enough to champion RE2 would be Huber. RE4 is just one of those eventual "No duh"s, lol.

• @Minamik I look forward to seeing which RE gets in first, and how long it takes.

• Silent Hill 2 is making it in before any Resident Evil game.

Bold prediction. In bold.

• @SabotageTheTruth Well, not like anyone is going to go to bat for Fatal Frame. :(

• @SabotageTheTruth every Zelda, Mario and MGS game will make it in before Silent Hill.

Even bolder prediction... so bold it had to be struck out.

Though realistically I think at least one of each will probably get another in before Silent Hill.

• Great list, great show, great patreon. Thanks for putting this up.

• Nothing like another Hall of Greats for me to realize how little I have in common with popular gaming tastes. :D

• Awesome list so far, i need Uber to brute force Resident Evil 2 in though XD

• I couldn't help but feel a great disconnect yesterday, I played Chrono Trigger for the first time a couple of years ago, and while I agree that it was very well made and it doens't really have any clear weak points, I didn't find it astounding or incredible in any way, still seeing how it is a classic and all I see how it belongs there, it just seems blown out of proportion to me.

Pokemon on the other hand .... Yuck.

• Chrono Trigger / 3pts 2pts 3pts 1pt 3pts 3pts 3pts 3pts = 21 pts
    Pokémon Red & Blue / 2pts 3pts 1pt 2pts = 8 pts
    Grand Theft Auto III / 2pts 2pts 2pts 1pt = 7 pts
    Mega Man X / 2pts 3pts 1pt 1pt = 7 pts
    Streets of Rage 2 / 1pt 1pt 2pts = 4 pts
    Super Mario Maker / 3pts = 3 pts
    Journey / 2pts = 2 pts
    Myst / 1p 1pt = 2 pts
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim / = 0 pts

I felt like going through the points again after watching the HoG evening, because CT's points sounded someway insane, but no, they were right, Brad was right. The game got votes from everyone except from Don. I was sure it would be Pokemon and GTA 3 that would go through until Brad arrived at the last moment with his behemoth. Poor Brandon, he felt so sure in Cup of Jones and all. Well, it's only a matter of time that he gets something in. I'm seeing RDR in the near future, for instance. :)

edsortiz can finetune the results for his picture and opening post up there.