Hall of Greats Compendium

• Tonight's ceremony was pretty solid and a great tie-in for EZX. I had half the games I was pulling for, however...

Having two of those being the bottom two with God of War and Dishonored 2, ESPECIALLY the latter being banned, HURTS. Also, tracking the amount of times a game was voted for in real-time was pretty open and shut Super Mario Galaxy and Silent Hill 2 were run-aways. Until the reveal. I thought because SIX Allies voted for Galaxy would take it. But Silent Hill 2 had EVERY Ally voted for it.

Beyond that, I DO have a gripe:

Having the majority of those vote for Silent Hill 2 say, "Well, it's time," is kind of like dismissive of the other games and not given as much of consideration. I guess? I don't know, it just doesn't sit right.

As always, this was a treat, and now the three month wait begins anew.

• Just finished watching the induction, that was a blast. I was cackling like a madman the whole way through Don's nomination, truly amazing theatrics. I also love Blood's wholesome video.

Shout out to my man Brad with his pick!

Dishonored 2 is truly worthy of being called a great, and it hurts so much to me that it got banned. It's primed for a comeback though.

@Brannox I think you shouldn't take that phrase too seriously, I feel like they're just making fun of how many times it has been nominated. I don't think they dismissed the others at all, it's a matter of preventing it becoming stale in future inductions, and they obviously respect the game a lot.

• @bam541 When it's one or two Allies, then it's kind of a misnomer, but when almost everyone who voted for it says it AND Brad called it right before the video's start, it stands out. But I concur in how that aspect isn't all that serious. Just a pattern I've noticed.

• Not the most high energy HoG but I know it's Covid times.

I definitely appreciated every single game brought last night and I think there is a case to be made for every single one of them being one of the greats. I haven't played Dishonored 2 or Diablo II but they clearly pushed their genres to new heights.

DDR - An arcade and rhythm game revolution.

Trials HD - A stable of early downloadable video games (uncharted territory at that time), and one of the best physics games ever. I think more games from this era don't get enough credit (Flower, Super Stardust HD, Geometry Wars, Wipeout HD).

Batman Arkham Asylum - One of the most confident licensed games and the foundation for the dominant game design trends of the next decade and beyond.

• @dipset Trials HD closed off the Summer of Arcade. It was an event on Xbox Live when a new high profile game came out every week.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
    Shadow Complex
    'Splosion Man
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled
    Trials HD

2009 was especially good. I think it was this and Shadow Complex that proved a game didn't have to come from a physical shop to be good.

• I enjoyed this Hall of Greats! The shots fired within Ian's own presentation was funny with how many times it was brought, but also with Jones. But when Galaxy popped up, I would just assume it would win. I was surprised it wasn't! Even though it was by one point! I need to try out Dishonored & Dishonored 2 one day in my life. I've heard grand things.

Also! thehallofgreats.com is updated to include this induction!

• Hey @brunojoey Love your website. I was wondering, would it be possible to add Publisher as a field? I find those trends really interesting.

• @Hazz3r Thanks! That's a good idea! I can definitely implement that this upcoming week! Shouldn't be too difficult! Except for Dungeons & Dragons maybe ha

• @brunojoey Thanks :)

This is from Wikipedia?

" It was first published in 1974 by Tactical Studies Rules, Inc. (TSR).[5] It has been published by Wizards of the Coast (now a subsidiary of Hasbro) since 1997. "

• @Hazz3r It is updated with publishers added!
    If anyone else has suggestions, I would love to hear and possibly implement them!