Hall of Greats Compendium

• @Hazz3r It is updated with publishers added!
    If anyone else has suggestions, I would love to hear and possibly implement them!

• No, now, it is perfect.

• Got bored and made a tiermaker of the Hall of Greats entries.

https://tiermaker.com/create/the-easy-allies-hall-of-greats-174261

• @bam541 amazing! Will definitely be doing this instead of being productive

• 0_1627891979334_hall of greats.png

• Also gonna share mine.

0_1627902892356_my-image.png

• Hall of Greats is the next group stream according to the EZA schedule. Get Hyped!

• I feel like Huber's gonna bring Mass Effect 2 now, he was so hyped every time he talked about it recently, lol. Also, I'm predicting that Isla is going to bring FFVIII, and Ben to bring a older FPS game, maybe Halo 1 or CoD 2.

• Yeah that Huber Syndrome with him loving on Mass Effect 2 feels like he'll bring Mass Effect 2. I want FFIX in at this point!!!! I feel like Ben could bring Doom II perhaps, but I also want all of the close calls he's had in at this point. Like PSO, Bayonetta, and FFIX.

• Personally, I wouldn't be shocked if Huber brought ME 2, but don't discount God of War (2018). He's brought it twice now (even on the most recent HoG) and he brute forced Last of Us with three or four nominations, so who knows. But as for Ben, I think (courtesy of a comment he had on the most recent Community Showcase) he's bringing Hollow Knight. Isla might do a runback of Myst or another puzzle game, maybe Talos Principle, she enjoys. But who knows, now that Symphony of the Night, Bloodborne, and now Silent Hill 2 all made it in, I'm more excited than ever to see what she brings. As far as FF IX, it's one of those that's been probably brought the most yet to get in and is probably going to get the (to me, dreaded) "Well, it's been brought to HoG so much, let's just go ahead and get it in" votes. If Ben doesn't bring it, I could see either Jones, Brad, Bloodworth, or Damiani nominating it. Regardless, as always, I'm stoked for the next one.

However, with how frequently it gets punted, I think it's safe to say it should no longer be viewed as a quarterly event. MAYBE three times a year if we're lucky, and I feel this way because it appears like either the majority of the Allies are losing interest in it, or it's only surviving because either the fervent support of it from us fans or there are some Allies who truly enjoy it, but are in the minority of the group. I hope this is completely baseless, but with the amount of times they delay it (and especially for how LONG the delays are. I mean, this upcoming one should've been at the end of JUNE), I think new messaging on updated expectations on how often it comes around, or how many of the Allies really care, would be beneficial for it. Which is a bummer, because most of my absolute favorite things EZA is/has produced, HoG in the top of that group, always seemed to be permanently discontinued.

• Another great (tm) HoG, yet I was hot and cold on the roster brought tonight. The games I wanted to get in are a couple of my absolute favorite games of all time, whereas the others I have no connection towards OR are games I've become jaded about as time has gone on. And you can ALWAYS count on Don bringing a memorable experience, not just a presentation. You could double down on that, one would say...

Anyway,

Seeing my third favorite game of all time get a vote from EVERY Ally AND taking the top spot felt really, REALLY good. BUT, having the other game I was pulling for JUST barely avoided being banned, well, at least it avoided it unlike Dishonored 2. But it does feel like God of War (2018) from the previous ceremony: WOEFULLY undervoted. But it will have its day. That said, much to Huber's point, it was a pretty predictable outcome, though I completely ok with the inductees as they are. But I WILL say: It's ok if the predictable games go ahead and get in. It makes the follow-up ceremonies more exciting.

But as I said intimated in my previous post above, I called Hollow Knight being brought, but I did NOT foresee the mixup causing it not officially being nominated. So know, until the next one (which SHOULD be three months from now, but who knows) I'm expecting Hollow Knight and Final Fantasy IX to be brought for HoG 17.

• Just watched the induction, I completely forgot about the schedule and missed the whole thing, lol. Don's presentation is maybe one of my favorite presentations in recent memory. I also like how salty Huber was during this, it's lowkey hilarious. Anyway, I'm a bit bummed that

Mass Effect 2

didn't get in, but it is what it is. Also, I feel like giving

Final Fantasy X

another shot now. I bounced off it because I hate the VO, but I think I can get in a mindset where I could enjoy it now.

• I can now say after the Allies uploaded the induction to Youtube, thehallofgreats.com is updated to reflect last night! Forgot to promote the website last night during chat because I was watching it on my TV, but hey that's okay lol. Debating on having a Genre Page, but who knows. Lots of games in genres are being represented now, so just a thought I had.

Which I enjoyed myself! Funny with Huber! I hope, eventually, he'll be ready to be more salty! I do understand his apprehension though, but a good answer by Brad when Huber asked that during Brad's presentation.

Also, @Brannox think at the start they did mention the loose time frame Hall of Greats now seems to be on. 4.5-5 months. Which is a bit longer than I would want, but hopefully that is more so just a light jest!

• @brunojoey I took as a half-joke/half-serious comment. Their track record isn't great in maintaining the schedule as they were pre-pandemic. And that alone is a great enough reason, I think it should also have some considerable weight given to the fact HoG is originally Kyle Bosman's brain child, and I felt he always kept it on schedule. These delays have been more frequent in his abscence.

• @brannox yeah the delays have been more elongated, if I recall, after Kyle left. But vacations during the summer seems to have gotten them this time to a majority of them to make a Tuesday night .

• I really enjoyed the latest HoG. I kinda disagree with Huber in that I was entertained by the submissions and there was a good variety of emotional pleas and objective info for discussion.

I would've ranked them this way:

(3pts) THPS3, (2pts) Destruction Derby 2, (1pts) Streets of Rage 4

Honestly, I don't really even like

FFX

all that much and I am surprised neither that game nor

Mass Effect 2

were challenged more in the cross examination. Both games have a lot of faults that could've been brought to light.

• @bam541 said in Hall of Greats Compendium:

Got bored and made a tiermaker of the Hall of Greats entries.

https://tiermaker.com/create/the-easy-allies-hall-of-greats-174261

Any chance we can get a 16th ceremony update to this tier maker? I'll rank them after.

• @dipset thanks for the reminder, I just finished updating it!

• My ranking:

0_1629135236671_EZA HoG Tier Maker - v16.jpg

I generally accept all of the EZA HoG selections as great games from the S to C Tiers, but D-tier I just outright disagree with.

I'd define that C-tier as accepting these are generally considered "Greats" but I have my personal hang ups with them.

• My Ranking! Would like to start Paper Mario and Ocarina of Time soon, but who really knows. The Backlog is too intense right now.

0_1629227235816_my-image (3).png