Hall of Greats Compendium

• @brannox

I don't think it felt off at all. I thought the energy was super high and they didn't necessarily shit on them but really just made the case for why these games should be shamed or should be ashamed of themselves.

Honestly, somebody needed to say what Isla said in this polarized world of being irrationally harsh, yet, irrationally forgiving in the gaming world. Huber's presentation was passionate as always. They were all winners (or losers) in their own right.

Tbh, it was super competitive and was very fun to watch.

• @dipset I'm not saying it felt off in terms of energy, but more specifically cross-examination, and how that determines what's more shameful than whatever else was brought. To me, it's kind of like the South Park joke about voting: What's worse between a giant douche and a turd sandwich?

And for your second point, that was Brad's, Ben's, and Damiani's entire presentations (which, again, I'm NOT saying DMC 2, Duke Nukem: Forever, and Buck Bumble is or isn't worthy of that [or the other games brought for that matter], but it was a constant five minutes of describing how bad a game is, and personally, it's a downer to devote time solely for the purpose of demonstating how awful games are awful.). I mean Damiani literally says at the 1:36:35 of the video, "Definitely know two; there's two I'm voting for. Because they are truly, truly pieces of shit. And I think Brad and Ben made excellent cases reiterating why they're pieces of shit." So yeah, that was the entire point of almost half of the presentations.

In terms of the namesake "Shame," I personally feel Huber's, Don's, Bloodworth's, and Isla's presentations better exemplified that. As for Isla's specifically, I mostly agreed with her statements, but I want to also come to my own opinion regarding CyberPunk, as I'm waiting on the next gen versions to experience the good, bad, and ugly for myself. I also concur all seven are terrible in their own right for their various reasons, but I wouldn't say it was competitive in terms of trying to out-prove a given game was the worst (though the point totals were in fact super tight at the top).

• @brannox

I agree that I thought Isla, Huber, Don, and Blood had the most compelling arguments for why their selections were absolutely shameful whether it be; greed, marketing, broken, betrayal to fans, and things along those lines.

While Brad, Ben, and Damiani's games should just be ashamed for their complete tastelessness or lack of effort. And those games should be shamed for being so bad.

Personally, I liked the concept and how everybody approached shame from a different angle. I think Huber approached it from the perspective of shameful greed changing an entire game series for the worse. Don approached it from a shameful depiction of a game to the point that it isn't even the same game as it's supposed to be. Ben's perspective was that the developers should be ashamed for their lack of effort and outright tastelessness.

It was fun for me. I think everybody got a kick out of poo pooing on some really deserving games.

• This EZX version of the Hall was a wild one in light of little prep time for some of the Allies and the incentivization of buying time for Don (Which, honestly, I still have no idea why he wanted to do a speech about James Cameron...) As for the games, not many I cared for, but I've got no issue with the winners as both are games the respective Ally cares deeply for.

• The EZX HoG is the best induction ever, no cap. The vibes were impeccable from the get go with Blood's presentation, and the momentum never really stopped. Don is at his peak form too, thanks to the chat for the donations and stuff. This is the kind of stuff I want more out of HoGs, where the allies don't feel too much pressure about getting a game to win or whatever, and instead just try to provide a good time to everyone watching. I don't think they can ever do an induction as good as this, the lightning just went in the bottle by itself and I don't know how to repeat such a phenomenon.

Shenmue getting in is a dream come true for me, lol. I can legitimately say that it's one of the greats now! Thanks allies!

• I really loved this HoG! Don's presentation might've been one of my favorite EZA moments lol. Blood's presentation was the grand vibes that begun everything. Very happy about the winners! In regards to the Allies love for them. But all games I am more and more closer to playing.

• I was thinking a few days ago, what games are you surprised by that haven't been nominated yet? Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild are two I'm surprised by!

• @bruno_saurus I think EZA likes more "out of the way" nominations. Zelda may be seen as "too obvious".

• For EZA's tastes, I think Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are surprising to not be nominated yet, and with how many times it's been nominated and gotten close, Final Fantasy IX and God of War (2018). But I think Huber's point of "ALWAYS FINAL FANTASY AND ZELDA" is really salient in the Allies' minds.

But beyond Nintendo and Square, I'm actually outright SHOCKED Resident Evil 2 hasn't even been nominated. Sure, there's REmake and 4, but I hear 2 is consistently the best. Outside of R.E., a Half-Life game (any of them), Bioshock, any of the Batman Arkhams, any Halo, and Mass Effect 2 (not for lack of trying for any of those).

.......But we're all in agreement somebody gonna bring Elden Ring and it's getting in at the next ceremony right?

• Elden Ring will likely get in one day hah @Brannox Definitely shocked about RE2. Because Huber loves it and I even feel like Ben, Brad, or Damiani can make a case for it. Also Hollow Knight lol

• @bruno_saurus Oh yeah, I think it was two ceremonies ago where two Allies were going to bring Hollow Knight but when Damiani informed them both, they switched to different games... Yeah, Hollow Knight is getting in soon...

• @Brannox that was a funny moment lol. Getting in one day!