Xbox One Games Suggestions

• So, after a good amount of trade-ins amping up for the Xbox Ultimate Game Sale that's live for 5 more days, I now have $45 in unused Microsoft Credit.

My question comes from a lack of decision making skills. Guys, I made five version of the same list. I even went full Huber mode.

Here are the games I want:
    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
    Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition (Base Game)
    Dungeon of the Endless
    Evolve Ultimate Edition
    Far Cry Primal
    Halo: The Master Chief Collection
    Layers of Fear
    Mega Man Legacy Collection
    Party Hard
    Saints Row Metro Double Pack
    The Evil Within
    The Flame in the Flood
    The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
    Tom Clancy's The Division
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Zombi

If you've got any other game on Xbox One that you think I should try, let me know below. Otherwise, state your case. Trial style.

For now, I'll be monitoring any notifications from the pool. See you soon!

• I'd personally recommend Halo: The Master Chief Collection. I'm not even that huge into Halo, but (almost) every game of a critically acclaimed series for just 20 bucks is a steal. The Evil Within is my other personal choice, if you liked RE4. It's not without its faults, but it's a solid horror/action game.

• @Smartzke I've played all the Halo games. I get the insane value, but on one hand, I don't see the benefit of the resolution bump. From what little I played of H2A, it looked worse to me in terms of level coloring.

As far as The Evil Within, I've never played Resident Evil or any horror game besides Alien: Isolation.

• Don't get Evolve. It will be going f2p soon. Already is on PC.
    Layers of Fear is great if you are looking for some horror in your life.
    Unless you can get Division AND season pass cheap, you should probably chill on that. Its just Destiny minus the engaging gunplay.

• Inside.

Looks great, but sadly I dont have an Xbox One. So I would like to live vicariously through you :)

I will probably end up getting it on Steam but i'd much rather play it on the couch.

• @El-Shmiablo Yeah, I'm downloading "Stage 2" while watching Chelsea on Netflix. I was actually surprised that it didn't launch simultaneously, at least on Xbox One via Preview Program.
    Yeah, LoF is only $8, so I figure that might be a good game to sit down and play one night.
    Cheap for The Division is about the price of a new game, so yeah, I'm less optimistic.

• .@matt I do have that one, I actually preordered it about a week after the release date was announced. I haven't dove too deep into it, as Song of the Deep, Carmageddon: Max Damage and Super Mutant Alien Assault have been "in my way".

From what I have played, I'm definitely impressed. If you like Limbo, you'll probably enjoy this game. Just expect more involved puzzles where you have to control multiple people.

• The only game I really enjoyed recently on the xbone was quantum break. I'll let this guy argue for me. ;)

Youtube Video

Have you tried Dying Light? FANTASTIC GAME. :)

From your list, I'd probably pick Dark Souls 2 + Halo: MCC and save the 5 for later or pick up Saints Row 4 remastered if you haven't played it yet. Or, like I said before, Quantum Break is a great game, <looks it up on amazon> but it's on sale for 32 on Amazon so never mind what I just said.

Some notes on the other games...

While I loved the division before the end game stuff, the end game stuff is not worth playing...

As El Shmiablo mentioned, Evolve is going FTP...

Halo MCC is a damn good value for what you get....

Saints row games are fun, but a little dated...

Witcher 3 is also a damn good value... personally I didn't care for it. Combat too boring.

I liked Wolfenstein:TNO, but not as much as the critics I think...

Some solid choices there, I think you'll get something good. ;)

• Global Moderator

Sunset Overdrive is really good if you haven't already got it. Otherwise I highly suggest checking the xbox one - xbox 360 compatibility list, as a bunch of those games can be grabbed at a bargain

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

• @StuffOnARock I actually reviewed Quantum Break.. I thought it was a masterpiece.

Dying Light? Yes, I have it on PS4, season pass and all. Unfortunately, due to bills, I couldn't pay rent if I didn't get rid of every PlayStation system I'd ever owned, so in October, expect to see an update from me on whether or not I have a PS4.

Dark Souls 2 huh? That's an interesting choice, I wanna try the Souls series, I actually have Bloodborne: Complete Edition on PS4, but I feel like I'd never be able to get into it as much as I see some of the more popular critics talking about how masterful the game is. I look at a Souls game and I just weep for them.

I did play The Division prior, and I thought it was better than it had any right to be. However, for $40.19, that'd be the only game I'd be picking up, and that didn't seem right, when there are over 100 titles on sale right now.

Saints Row IV is very indicative of its release timing. I played a bit on BacCompat, and I thought it was goofy, almost to a fault.

I have a love/hate relationship with The Witcher III. Everytime I go and pick it up at GameStop, I finish the tutorial and forget about it, and then trade it in for store credit. I've done this about three times, sorry blood!

I enjoyed the story of The Old Blood, but I think it was crazy for crazy sake's, y'know? Oh, a big monster! Oh, you killed it? Good job! Credits!

• @Ochi - Most underrated game on the Xbox One, if you ask me. I own all that, but would gladly purchase it for full price.

As for BC, I cannot buy anything on there, due to a payment incompatibility with the way the Xbox 360 Marketplace is set up. More simply, you cannot use Microsoft Credit for Xbox 360 games without owning a physical Xbox 360 console. It's stupid and dumb, because there are some really cool games there for dirt cheap. I'll probably grab RDR next week, along with a ton of other BC titles.

• Global Moderator

@BladedTech

Ouch, didn't know about the need to own a 360. Dumb question, but can you buy the games via the xbox website...? Or is this how you found out about this unpleasantness?

• @Ochi That's how I found out. I even tried doing it from my console, which usually works, but nope :/.

I could try one last thing...Xbox 360 SmartGlass.

• @Ochi No luck.

Only a "Play on Xbox" button.

• Rise of the Tomb Raider! It's so good. I'm not sure if it's on sale right now but I would absolutely recommend it. It was my GOTY last year and I think a lot of people overlooked it since it was an Xbox exclusive.

I'd also recommend the MCC even if you have played all the halo games. The bump to 60fps makes them worth a revisit. And Halo 5 has insanely good multiplayer if you're into that.

• @BladedTech said in Xbox One Games Suggestions:

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
    Far Cry Primal
    Halo: The Master Chief Collection
    Saints Row Metro Double Pack
    The Evil Within
    The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
    Zombi

These are the games I'd recommend from your list.

If you enjoyed any of the previous Souls games then I'm sure Dark Souls 2 will satisfy you, even if it is generally regarded as the weakest in the series.

If you enjoy Ubisoft games and all of the open world design that comes with them then you'll probably enjoy Primal. Especially if you enjoyed the previous two Far Cry games or if the setting interests you at all.

If you've never played Halo then the collection is a steal. If you have played Halo and you know you enjoy them then it's still a great deal.

I enjoyed Saints Row and Metro but they aren't universally loved. I'd recommend watching some gameplay to see if they'd interest you. If they both look appealing then the package deal is probably worth it.

I've heard mixed things about The Evil Within. Some people love it, others hate it. I'd recommend researching this one a bit to see if it will appeal to your own tastes.

The Witcher 3 is a fantastic game. Hands down the best game on your list in my opinion. If you're even remotely interested in an open world fantasy RPG, I'd say it's a great buy.

I've heard nothing but good things about The New Order. I'd like to play it myself someday soon. It sounds like you'll enjoy it if you're a fan of old school shooters where you had to collect health and armor packs in interesting levels and the story was longer than six hours.

I got Zombi from PS+ and I've enjoyed what I've played so far. I've only dabbled in it a little bit but it plays a bit like the child of The Last of Us and Condemned (though it's not necessarily as good as either of those games).

I couldn't tell you much about the rest of the games on your list!

• Sunset Overdrive
    Quantum Break
    Gears of War Ultimate edition
    Halo The Master Chief collection
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Doom
    Inside

As for The Evil Within, I really didn't like it and can't recommend it. Pissy dialogue and equally bad voice acting to go along with it. I couldn't care for anything in that game and as a consequence I couldn't follow the little pieces of story that was there. Atmosphere is good in a handful of places and the game drags on for way too long. But the final boss pretty cool I'll give it that.

• Global Moderator

@BladedTech

Too bad about the 360 games... ah well:(

If nothing else within the xbox1 marketplace a few of those 360 games are free like avatar obstacle course, aegis wing, hexic hd and maybe 1 or 2 others...

As for other X1 games I can't believe I forgot Rare Replay! Rare's early work isn't likely to wow you, but the games after the 64bit era are still mostly pretty good and for the number of games you get decent value

Also Oxenfree is out, if you like indie games where characters and stories are the real meat and potatoes, this is definitely getting some good reviews

• Sorta depends on what type of games you're into and what you already have. Do you want something that will last you a long time or something short but fun? from your list, I had the most fun with wolfenstein and MCC, but maybe getting 2 FPSs isn't the way to go.

I would suggest adding Ori and doom to your list.....and they just announced backwards compatibility for RDR and I think its on sale

By the way, MCC allows you to switch between the old school and remastered graphics on halo2A.....Its a pretty big upgrade

• @TheOhrenberger Maybe. That water level is just giving me a lot of trouble. I didn't do a GOTY for last year, that was Until Dawn for me, which was overlooked because it wasn't marketed very well in my opinion.

Alright, I'll think about it, because I wouldn't be able to get both RotTR and Halo: MCC. That'd ring up to $49.99, which is $4.99 more than I have, but a lot of people here are suggesting MCC, so maybe. I wish that 343 would carve the multiplayer out from Halo 5: Guardians, because that story is absolute garbage.