• Sunset Overdrive
    Quantum Break
    Gears of War Ultimate edition
    Halo The Master Chief collection
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Doom
    Inside

As for The Evil Within, I really didn't like it and can't recommend it. Pissy dialogue and equally bad voice acting to go along with it. I couldn't care for anything in that game and as a consequence I couldn't follow the little pieces of story that was there. Atmosphere is good in a handful of places and the game drags on for way too long. But the final boss pretty cool I'll give it that.

• Global Moderator

@BladedTech

Too bad about the 360 games... ah well:(

If nothing else within the xbox1 marketplace a few of those 360 games are free like avatar obstacle course, aegis wing, hexic hd and maybe 1 or 2 others...

As for other X1 games I can't believe I forgot Rare Replay! Rare's early work isn't likely to wow you, but the games after the 64bit era are still mostly pretty good and for the number of games you get decent value

Also Oxenfree is out, if you like indie games where characters and stories are the real meat and potatoes, this is definitely getting some good reviews

• Sorta depends on what type of games you're into and what you already have. Do you want something that will last you a long time or something short but fun? from your list, I had the most fun with wolfenstein and MCC, but maybe getting 2 FPSs isn't the way to go.

I would suggest adding Ori and doom to your list.....and they just announced backwards compatibility for RDR and I think its on sale

By the way, MCC allows you to switch between the old school and remastered graphics on halo2A.....Its a pretty big upgrade

• @TheOhrenberger Maybe. That water level is just giving me a lot of trouble. I didn't do a GOTY for last year, that was Until Dawn for me, which was overlooked because it wasn't marketed very well in my opinion.

Alright, I'll think about it, because I wouldn't be able to get both RotTR and Halo: MCC. That'd ring up to $49.99, which is $4.99 more than I have, but a lot of people here are suggesting MCC, so maybe. I wish that 343 would carve the multiplayer out from Halo 5: Guardians, because that story is absolute garbage.

• @Light I played Dark Souls on Xbox 360, from what little I played, and I do really want to get into the mainline series before I pick up a PS4 later this year. Why is it the weakest?

I do enjoy Ubisoft games very much, but Far Cry 4 seemed largely uninspired. Primal seems interesting, but I'm unsure about the setting. My favorite part of the Far Cry series is just how insane it is. From lighting a marijuana farm on fire to a maybe gay dictator, that's what I like.

Halo 2 is one of my favorite game in the franchise. Halo 4 is a close second, but the multiplayer is pretty bad. I know I can't play the original in it's Anniversary form, because of how bright it looks. It actually gave me nausea playing that game.

Yeah, I get that. I like the humor of Saints, I just wish the gameplay was as fun. As far as Metro, everyone I talk to about that game says that I'd enjoy it because of how immersed you are in that world. However, I have a big concern with the shooting. I saw a video a few months ago that made it look like Call of Duty rather than Fear.

I know people do enjoy The Evil Within, but I fear I won't get a lot out of it, if I haven't played a Shinji Mikami game before.

I am quite interested, as it would be the most "bang for my buck". Hell, I've even got the poster sitting behind me, as well as the Fallout 4 and Stick of Truth ones.

Yeah, me too. I played The Old Blood, and enjoyed it, I just didn't like the story leaps it made. Oh, you're going to Castle Wolfenstein to find something? Here's some Nazis! Oh, you're not entertained! Here's a completely new enemy. My complete thoughts are here, if you want to read them.

• @Fridge-man Already have played & beaten those first two.

Gears is interesting, as Gears 4 is coming up, but is there anything new in Ultimate Edition besides 1080p60FPS?

Halo: MCC is a great deal, I just wouldn't be playing the campaigns for Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 in their new form, because it actually makes it look worse to me.

I've played it, and I don't think I would buy this game without a strategy guide. I'm in the area where you have to drown people while being surrounded, and I lost many hairs to that section.

Well, I did like The Old Blood...

Doom is great. I was almost finished with it, at least I think. I just wouldn't want to blow my whole load on that game. It's great, but not having multiple new games is not so great.

I have Inside, I just need to play it.

That's an interesting take on The Evil Within. I've actually only heard that one other time.

• @Ochi Yeah, it's fine though.

I've got a good job, I can buy whatever BC games I want. I was just really hoping to get them on sale.

As for the free games, I did download Joy Ride Turbo thanks to the good people in the Xbox One subreddit, and I got Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n Bolts for preordering ReCore on the Xbox One Games Store.

Side note about that: You can actually pre-order games without paying for them, if you're in the Preview Program. If not, I imagine it will be coming in the Anniversary Update.

• @RockDoctor Probably not. I want two different experiences.

I have both versions of Ori and the Blind Forest. Doom, as I said earlier, would be the only game I would get, and that's not favorable.

As for RDR, I had the GOTY edition, funnily enough, until I needed account credit. Now, I can't get it until next week :/

Yes, I do know that. I just feel like it'd be a disservice to constantly switch back and forth.

• .@Ochi Sorry, I didn't see that you mentioned Rare Replay and Oxenfree! I have played and beaten Oxenfree. As for Rare Replay, I'd probably only buy that for the backwards compatible games, but goddamn it, where's my GoldenEye Remaster, Rare?

• @smartzke @El-Shmiablo @matt @StuffOnARock @Ochi @TheOhrenberger @Light @Fridge-man @RockDoctor I wanted to update everyone on this thread on which games I ended up buying.

Ever the tease, I will tell you the only games I seriously considered. Criteria for this was that you made an argument for it, other than just saying it was fantastic, which as I recall, was one of the criteria in my first post.

Here are the nominees:
    Halo: The Master Chief Collection
    Layers of Fear
    The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Far Cry Primal
    Wolfenstein: The New Order

The TWO winners are Halo: The Master Chief Collection and The Witcher III: Wild Hunt.

Initially, I was resistant to both titles, but after everyone kept campaigning and campaigning for me to play these games, I couldn't pass on the massive opportunity.

When I look back on this, I was an arrogant fool. Halo: The Master Chief Collection includes four games, a miniseries, full multiplayer for Halo 2 Anniversary, with the option to play Halo 3: ODST Remastered , one of my favorite entries for only $4.99 more.

The Witcher III was an easy choice for me. Every time I hovered over that "Buy" button on my Xbox One, a little @Bloodworth spoke to me and said "Why are you even hesitating? I got more than 40 hours out of Blood and Wine alone. Just buy it, already!"

Thank you, Allies.

RIP my 1TB SSHD. Time to upgrade.

Until next time.

• good choices. Both are great games that you're going to get a lot of bang for your buck out of. Especially at a discounted price. Calling it a steal would be an understatement.