Trophies & Achievements

• Platinum #134: Beyond Blue. A beautiful diving game released yesterday. A really easy platinum, no guides needed or anything. Just basically "tag" every fish and species in the game. It's a bit like Pokemon Snap even, except this one isn't on rails. Cool and informational minidocumentaries are as well involved in the game, and you even get a trophy for watching them all (only 2-3 minutes each).

• Big update today!

Platinum #17: Final Fantasy VII Remake

I loved this game, so getting the platinum was a pleasure. I was kinda expecting Hard Mode to be a super annoying slog, but it was a good challenge without getting on my nerves.

Platinum #18: Final Fantasy VII

Playing the remake got me in a mood, and this is a pretty easy platinum. The main thing is just having a guide on hand to make sure you get the date with Barret. Other than that it's smooth sailing.

Platinum #19: The Last of Us Remastered

Wanted to get this done before Part II came out. Pretty rough trophy list, luckily I got all the multiplayer done back in October when it was on PS Plus. Then it was just collectible clean up on Survivor+ and upgrading everything. I still have to do the DLC trophies for Grounded mode, but I'm gonna take a break before I attempt that.

Platinum #20: Kingdom Hearts - Birth By Sleep

I still really like this game, but this is the first time a platinum trophy has made me respect a game less. Glad to have this one over with.

• Platinum #135: SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated. A fun platformer, a lot of similarities with the original Spyro trilogy. For platinum you need to collect everything, meaning 100 Golden Spatulas and 80 Lost Socks for Patrick. The socks were surprisingly well hidden, a big number of them, I had to look up a guide after finishing the story. And for some reason there's a bunch of Spatula's on Mr. Krabs' possession which he'll trade for Shiny Objects (the game's currency). The sums were however pretty damn steep so I actually had to grind for money as the last thing in the game for about an hour. Luckily there was a good video about that.

• Platinum #136: The Last of Us Part II. An easy job compared to the first one's trophy list. I finished the game blind and then on NG+ used a guide for the collectables. The few secret trophies I managed to get all on the first round.

• Platinum #137: Gris. One of those games I'll propably only ever play once, so I checked the trophy guide beforehand, saw that it was doable and so I went with it in the process. Basically impossible to get the platinum without a guide in Gris. A really beautiful game in any case, loved the art style and the colours. The platforming was also pretty inovative at times, no bad word from me.

• Platinum #21: The Last of Us Part II. Easily the most sensible Naughty Dog trophy list so far. Love the game, love the trophies, I understand that some might not want to go right in New Game+ with this one, but I was ready the next day. Be warned though, unless they've updated it, the Polygon collectible guide is missing one artifact about halfway through. Once I beat the game the second time and the platinum didn't pop I had to go through and figure out what I'd missed, luckily it wasn't hard to figure out.

Platinum #22: inFAMOUS First Light. I had most of the trophies already, I've just been in a cleanup mood and this made sense since Sucker Punch is about to come back. Nothing too crazy, just some grinding for the in-game challenges.

• @jamicov said in Trophies & Achievements:

Platinum #21: The Last of Us Part II. Easily the most sensible Naughty Dog trophy list so far.

I have the Uncharted 1 & 2 Platinum trophies. Got them in 2009 and 2010 when I had infinite time to just replay and get a billion headshots or whatever else they ask for. Couldn't bring myself to do UC4 in 2016 with its dumb trophy list.

Good to know TLOU2 is sensible. I assume you don't have to "do 20 stealth takedowns in a row"?

• @dipset There's no such crazy trophies. There's also no trophies for specific difficulties, which I'm very surprised of.

• Platinum #70 Ghost of Tsushima

Fun game with easy platinum, I can see the pattern Sony is going with first party titles with their trophies.

• Platinum #138: Ghost of Tsushima. Not a challenging platinum at all, just basically takes a while to do, visit and collect pretty much everything on the island. An enjoyable task along the main story.

• Platinum #139: Narcos: Rise of the Cartels. This was a longer one as two campaigns were needed for the platinum: DEA's story and Pablo's people's journey. Although they were like 80 % the same.

It's an XCOM clone covered with everything from the Netflix show. I really like Narcos and saw this on sale a while ago so I decided to give it a go despite the reviews (5/10, 6/10, in that range). Lots of repetition in the game but otherwise I enjoyed it ok. Not regretting the purchase.

• Platinum #140: Destroy All Humans! Not recommended. Goddamn those 24 challenges! Insane requirements for some of them. Half of the races demanded simply a perfect run, one or two abductions made me curse more than a little, and one of the rampages was tough. That was a brutal trophy, "Ace of Space", get three stars on all the challenges. Otherwise really easy, even the one that demanded all the optional goals to be cleared in the main missions.

• Platinum #10: The Last of Us Part II

I wasn't really going to do this one at first as I had to go through more than half of the game on NG+, but I had nothing to play so I thought why not ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Also, 10th platinum!!