Trophies & Achievements

• might not be the typical achievement, but it feels like one to me!
    0_1605524704764_20201116025351_1.jpg

• I've noticed that since the recent trophy system update for PlayStation, I'm actually more excited to play older games since I get to boost my level for a bit, and simultaneously I feel way less pressure to try and get the harder trophies because collecting a few bronze and silvers will suffice for leveling up. Anyone else had similar experiences?

• Platinum trophy #20: The Pathless

Very easy and fun platinum to get, since it just requires me to explore the world thoroughly, and it's not a really big game to begin with.

• Platinum #11: Astro's Playroom

SIE Japan Studio / ASOBI Team knocked it out of the park. This is the perfect way to start off a new generation.
    Short, cute, sweet, fun, creative, and filled with PS lore/history. It's also really good at selling you on the DualSense.

• Alright, it's been a while and I've got a lot of catching up to do:

Platinum #23: Ghost of Tsushima. Pretty standard open world trophy list, felt really good to just check everything off. Still need to go back for the Legends trophies they added.

Platinum #24: Wolfenstein: The New Order. This was a clean-up time for me, just had to finish collectibles and beat the last mission on the hardest difficulty.

Platinum #25: Final Fantasy XV. More clean-up, basically just had to grind out the fishing/cooking/survival trophies.

Platinum #26: Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Really loved this game, it was a great first PS5 experience. I wasn't even that bothered by having to do a new game plus trophy off the bat, it was just a good excuse to keep playing.

Platinum #27: Astro's Playroom. Such a joy to go through, the dictionary definition of jolly.

Platinum #28: Hollow Knight. I already got 100%+ in the Switch version of this game, ut I was more than happy to go through this game again. The main thing is that the colosseum stuff added in the DLC is absolutely brutal, but there's a glitch you can perform that makes you invincible. I felt super duty using that trick, but I justified it by telling myself that it was okay since I already did almost everything in the Switch version.

Platinum #29: Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered. Transferring my old save and seeing ~70 trophies pop back to back was super satisfying.

Platinum #30: Bugsnax. What a weird, fun, creative game. Pretty easy list, I was just paranoid going through it cause there were a couple Bugsnax that were missable, but I think they have since patched the game to make them not missable (not positive on that though).

Platinum #31: Ratchet and Clank. I was only missing two trophies, so I just redownloaded with the PS Plus Collection to grind them out. Feels good to finally have this one all done.

Platinum #32: Final Fantasy VIII. I'd never played this one before. Definitely some interesting stuff going on, but I feel like the Junction combat system is too complex for it's own good, or at least they don't explain it well enough. I also missed being able to overlevel, having everything scale with you was kind of a bummer. But I still like the game, it'll never happen but I think a remake of this game could have a lot of potential.

That's it. It felt real good to be able to get through all these the past few months. I think the launch of the PS5 especially got me in the mood to go back and wrap up some of the easier platinums I was missing.

• Platinum #146: Spider-Man Remastered. I had really good time replaying this now after two years, and of course I went for the platinum in the process as well. Revisiting this before Miles Morales felt like a good decision and an excuse to finally replay this. And now during the Christmas time I'll jump into Miles's shoes next!

• Platinum #147: Astro's Playroom. Finally returned to this after a few months and earned the rest of the trophies. A few collectables and then a bigger bunch of all sorts of unique things to do were all pretty quickly found and done. A really fun little game to play and platinum, easy to recommend for all the PS5 owners, because, you know, it's free and all, you already have it there. :) Oh and I did the speed run one, too, which isn't mandatory.

• Platinum #148: Spider-Man: Miles Morales. I finished the first playthrough in late December with 100 % and everything, and now last night I had my NG+ round in one sitting. So that's a wrap. A super good game!

• Platinum #149: Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Finally finished the trophy clean-up after my December's story playthrough. A bunch of random ones were left ("Overdesign II", wtf?) and then catching all the fish and beating all the Orlog players. 118 hrs on the clock now, it seemed. The DLCs may arrive!

• Platinum #21: AER: Memories of Old

Super easy platinum. I just needed to find a few more things in the open world, which I think added only 30-40 minutes into my total playtime, which is like 4 hours.

• Platinum #150: Five Dates. I think this one's my favourite out of the number of FMVs Wales Interactive has developed & published during the last few years. Our man Vinny is looking for love and he has five candidates to digitally date during this lockdown. Some really genuine feelings and performances here. A sweet rom-com to navigate through. I had a lot of fun. :)

• Platinum #151: The Sexy Brutale. This was on sale for five euros, so I gave it a go. Turned out this was much trickier and more arduous than I anticipated so I ended up playing with a guide. I would've been so frustrated at many points on my own with this game, some of those solutions would'be demanded so much back-and-forth running, ugh.