Trophies & Achievements

• Platinum #185: A Short Hike. Also a short game. A pretty neat one, too, I liked how the whole island was just one big area and how the camera turned when you moved around there. The movement itself also felt good and responsive. Not a lot of trophies and three of them were for collectible ones. A pretty fun list in this one, actually.

• @sentinel-beach I platinumed the OG Death Stranding on PS4, a grueling but rewarding endeavor. Does the director's cut have additional trophies required to platinum or is it the same set as the original release?

• @ozymandsss I don't think there are additional trophies, but in a couple of them there were more things needed. For example when you had to build different things at least once there were now more of those. New structures and new equipment. Also a pair of cars from the race track. Things like that.

• Platinum #186: Until Dawn. I'm not really sure how I ended up playing this after all this time. I just noticed it had been free for Plus members for a long time and something clicked.

I'd watched the full playthrough of the GameTrailers bunch years ago and things left pretty powerful images in my mind from back then. I remembered the big twists and whatnot, so I went with a collectable guide now and kept everyone alive. Then, from a certain chapter onwards I started my "nobody survives" run, and finally there was still one trophy in the final chapter so I sped through it one final time.

• Platinum #187: The Last of Us Part I. This was my 9th playthrough of the game, almost would've found most of the collectibles on my own. But I did use the guide and enjoyed the journey again. An unforgettable game, maybe even my favourite one ever.

• Platinum #188: Mothmen 1966. A supercool two-hour game. Basically like a pulp story from a century ago done with the 80s graphics. Some missable trophies along the way, and even two for playing solitaire, heh.

• Platinum #189: Last Stop. This wasn't as good as I had hoped, sadly. Kind of like a choice-based story game but without the choices. A good bunch of random trophies along the way, you definitely need a guide for those.

• Platinum #190: Ravenous Devils. A grotesque cooking simulator. A suitably short one, too. Took me like three nights to complete. No missable trophies, as many of them come through the story and many by upgrading all the things.

• Platinum #191: VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action. Pretty easily earned platinum with a guide and a couple of well-placed save files. The guide didn't ruin anything, however, and it was interesting to get to know all the characters. Only the minigame playing another video game in your room called for concentration.

• Platinum #192: The Suicide of Rachel Foster. A neat little game, took me about 2,5 hrs to finish. The hotel you're in is a nice and interesting enough place to walk around in, and it did get a little spooky at times, being there by yourself. Only 2-3 missable trophies, check them beforehand if you so choose.

• Platinum #193: Carto. A disappointment. Too hard for me! I didn't always get the logic behind the puzzles and how to proceed with the shifting map tiles, so I ended up using a guide a lot. Which wasn't fun at all. Still, I'd been curious about the game for a long time and finally bought it from a sale a month back. No regrets, managed to put my mind at ease.

• @sentinel-beach Sounds like it puts the Carto before the horse....I'll make my exit.

• Platinum #194: A Way Out. I played this with my brother. We first started on Easter five months ago and only now found the time to finish the other half of the game. Pretty much all the trophies are missable/hidden so you basically need a guide to know what to look for. They're all really simple, though. A weird game in that regard that you get the platinum way before finishing the actual story.

• Platinum #195: The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story. A lenghty FMV game from Square Enix from this May. Things got a bit boring at times, especially the ending just kept going and going. Otherwise an okay experience, definitely something I haven't seen or played in a good while. I liked the lead actress Nanami Sakuraba the most.

• Platinum #196: Gotham Knights. A much better game than many of the reviews had stated. It's swimming, at times even a solid 8. Trophy-wise there's a lot to do, but luckily no missable ones. Defeating a certain number of certain kind of enemies took me the longest.

• Platinum #197: God of War Ragnarök. Lots to do, lots to kill, lots to collect.

• Platinum #198: Saints Row. I finished most of the game already three months ago, but then some of the challenges got bugged. Now, the big November patch fixed those, so after completing the final ones and then getting help from some kind soul on YouTube comments I even got the one co-op trophy. Lots to do in this game and it even works fine finally. Give it a chance from some sale, perhaps.