Trophies & Achievements

• @bam541 Does it put the Carto before the horse?

• Platinum #158: Wreckfest. I already finished the campaign in May with all the other trophies, but only now found the time to have a boost session with my brother for the only online trophy. I have the PS5 version and he the PS4 version, so the glorious cross-play worked! Had to win 20 times in an online race. A really nice game in any case, the touch of driving feels good.

• Platinum #159: Hidden Through Time. Basically Where's Waldo?, so you search for a number of more or less tiny objects out of a more or less big area full of details. Bought it from a sale for a few euros, pretty good for zoning out.

• Platinum #160: Psychonauts. The hype around Psychonauts 2 just got so big that it won me over as well. But first I needed to play the original which I neved had. And now I did. And I collected all of those damn figments and sorts. With a guide, for sure, but still.

Anyway, a really unique game that I'm glad I finally took the time to play through. A bunch of weird and highly missable trophies in there as well, so be warned.

• Platinum #161: Life Is Strange: True Colors. You basically only need the five collectibles per chapter plus a few short "side quests". So a really easy platinum with a great feature that lets you back in the right spot if needed super quickly.

Alex Chen <3

• Platinum #162: TOEM. Jones reviewed this a little while ago and the game got my attention. I enjoyed it! A very cute little game where you basically only interact with your camera and photos with everything. Took me 4 h 15 min to platinum, though I did end up checking a guide for a couple of obtuse quests. Still, a really easy and relaxing game.

• Platinum #24: JETT: The Far Shore. This is one of those platinums where doing it made me like the game more. Really fun platinum, basically it's just completing the game, exploring all over the place, and doing some cool challenges.

Also I just noticed that my last post was Platinum #22. Wonder where the #23 came from...

• Platinum #25: TLOU Part II. Now the only post-PS2 ND game I haven't got the plat yet is TLOU. This was a really fun plat, it's such a big game and there's so much that I missed the first time around.

• Platinum #12: TOEM

I got this about a month back but forgot to write something.
    I think a lot of people on this forum would appreciate the type of game that TOEM is. I have played barely anything this year, but I have a feeling even if I have, this would've been pretty high up there as well.

Kyle did a full playthrough if you're interested.
    Youtube Video

• Platinum #26: Gleylancer

The easiest and quickest plat I ever got. Just beat it in one hour and I accidentally got it, lol. The game's great, it's a shoot'em up from the 90s with retro anime cutscenes.

• Platinum #163: Guardians of the Galaxy. What a game! Honestly, I think this just became my GOTY. I don't remember when I've played through a game with a smile on face pretty much constantly. I simply love that group. <3 So much dialogue and story between and behind them all.

When it comes to the trophies they were a bit tricky because chapter select wouldn't cut it if you missed a collectable but instead you had to get them in one run. Therefore I used a guide carefully.

• Platinum #13: Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars
    If Yoko Taro's name was not associated with this, I'm not sure if I would have picked it up. The story and characters are fun. I was afraid it would overstay its welcome, but it has the perfect length. The soundtrack is your usual Kiiechi Okabe fair, nothing special honestly. The art might be my favorite bit though; Kimihiko Fujisaka is extremely talented.

As for the trophies, platinum is straightforward enough. Nothing difficult (the game itself is overall quite easy) or time-consuming. Although you are at the mercy of RNG with one annoying trophy.

Would definitely recommend it to anyone mildly interested.

• Platinum #27: Astro's Playroom
    Nothing much to say other than it's one heck of a free game. Very imaginative and charming. Definitely one of my favorite platformers in recent years.