Trophies & Achievements

• does anyone check out trophies before playing the game`?

• all the time

• Just fun went back to Final Fantasy XV and decided to veg out for 3 hours and grind out my fishing skill for my final trophy to get the Platinum! Now Im onto Jak 1 for a nice little plat!

• Quick question. I generally like collecting trophies so I buy most games on PS4 instead of my PC but has anybody played Life Is Strange? I am intrigued but if it is significantly better on PC because it is like a point-and-click adventure game, then I'll go that route.

Is it good on PS4 so I can get those trophies going?

• @DIPSET from what I remember the Platinum was very attainable, ya might have to replay some episodes for collectables but nothing you couldn't do while listening to a podcast or whatever.

• @JamboHyland95 said in Trophies & Achievements:

@DIPSET from what I remember the Platinum was very attainable, ya might have to replay some episodes for collectables but nothing you couldn't do while listening to a podcast or whatever.

Yeah I'll probably get it on PS4 then. I just watched an old review and it seems like I personally would probably want thumb sticks for the camera anyways.

• Global Moderator

@DIPSET YES! Its a quite easy platinum, took me 2 playthroughs but its possible on your first. Not only that but the game is AMAZING. I dont know if you watched the community comments send off, but I said that its a game that affected me a lot emotionally and its a game worth playing through anyway. I got it when it was free on PS+ and I havent had any issues with it.

• @ib0show i only do it with some of them

• @Lotias

I've very excited. Idk how I feel about the time travel mechanic but I haven't played yet. The sequel sounds awesome too. I wasn't in it FOR the trophies but why not go for the Platinum?!

• Achieved my first platinum this year with Bloodborne. Then followed it up with the Witness. In the future I plan on doing Persona 5 (70% currently) and whatever else seems do-able. Maybe Nier Automata and Hellblade.

I hate online-only/ multiplayer trophies. Also some games just have better trophies than others. I despise the type of trophies that are in games like Uncharted where you have to do some stupid stuff like kill 4 enemies using different methods within 20 seconds. Achievements should always be related to the game directly (finding all collectibles, getting all endings, finding a secret room, etc). I hate achievements that are more "challenge room" type stuff.

• When I finish a game, I'm usually done with it and ready to move on. Not really all that concerned with trophies, so the only platinum I have is the one I "bought" from Nier Automata, lol.

• I don't usually go into any game with the intention to 100% it... if I really like it, and getting all the achievements isn't too daunting, then I might do it. I won't usually look at the trophies or achievements until I've played through once or played a good chunk of a longer or open ended game.

I actually have done a lot more completions this year than usual. Oxenfree, What Remains of Edith Finch, and a couple short indie games. Oh and I went back and replayed Long Live the Queen specifically to 100% it back in January.

My rarest Achievements are displayed on my Steam profile though, so I guess I care about it at least a little bit, haha.

• Huh, this site is neat.
    alt text

Shame my rarest trophy was a glitch.

No platinums in my future. I am much too lazy.

• This post is deleted!

• @parasitepaladin alt text nice one

• Global Moderator

I realised that I dont have any Vita paltinum yet, think its time to change that, any tips on vita games that doesnt take 100+ hours to platinum?

• @Lotias Virtue's Last Reward, great game (very text heavy), platinum is basically beating the game, takes around 30 h

• Global Moderator

@bard91 awesome! deffo gonna check that out

• Global Moderator

@Lotias Ya, VLR is a great pick.

There is Downwell. Like.. it's a tough one as it is very much a skilled based platinum but you should have so much fun that you want to get it! :)

Hitman Go is a super easy platinum to get.

And two other ones I have that I think are pretty doable, mostly for completing the game 100% - Volume and Severed.

All suggestions are really good games too.

• @Lotias i can't think of one. Maybe Jak and Daxter?