KYB: Kill Your Top Stories

• @TokyoSlim said in KYB: Kill Your Top Stories:

If my attitude sickens you, why would you want to continue to debate me?

Because I don't want to look like I'm running, and I want to give you a chance to fully step up to the plate.

I can only point out the inaccuracies of your statements,

Then do so. Most things in these games are quantifiable.

...for the record, I've not attacked you or gotten personal once, and if you feel like I have, I apologize.

You have snottily implied that I have nothing to say because I haven't played The Witcher 3. However, everything I've said about the game CAN, in fact, be gleaned from outside sources. I've watched reviews and trailers, read peoples experiences, compared wikis, and witnessed the cultural impacts of both series.

On that point, Skyrim continues to be a legit cultural phenomenon. People are constantly begging for TES VI. The Witcher 3 got fantastic reviews, but the buzz died right after its DLC was released. It barely rose above the other highly rated games of its era. Popularity isn't always an indicator of quality, but it IS an indicator of mass appeal. In other words, it's not unusual for some open world fans to be turned off by The Witcher 3, but it would be unusual for them to be turned off by Skyrim. One is a truly genre-defining title, the other is just another well-received entry.

• cool ok. None of that sales posturing means anything. Congrats, I guess?

cool ok. None of that sales posturing means anything. Congrats, I guess?

What sales posturing? I never mentioned any sales numbers. I was talking about legacy.

• Ok then congratulations on whatever the hell you're going on about. I don't care anymore. Your previous post showed me your true intentions and I don't care about internet dick measuring contests. You win, Skyrim has a huge one. Stop bugging me about it. THx

Ok then congratulations on whatever the hell you're going on about. I don't care anymore. Your previous post showed me your true intentions and I don't care about internet dick measuring contests. You win, Skyrim has a huge one. Stop bugging me about it. THx

FFS...

I don't give a damn about sales numbers or popularity. I was explaining that Skyrim has wider appeal than The Witcher 3. It's a more flexible game, with more tasteful storytelling. I don't care if somebody is a fan of The Witcher, but there's absolutely nothing weird about not being a fan of it. I explained that my game purchases are limited to games that provide the most bang for my buck, and have styles that I know I'm going to like.

Oblivion and Skyrim match that style. The Witcher 3 does not, and I DON'T need to play it to know that. Not a single trailer, review, article, or player reaction has even slightly endeared me to it. This is all that I have been trying to get across.

Dude, my language has been perfectly clear. Why do you keep misinterpreting what I say to the negative?

• This post is deleted!

• And the winner is Silent Hill 2!

Apparently it has the best story in any video game ever!

I know I already posted the winner but thought I would again so it's one of the last posts in case anyone wants to talk about the list.

• I'm just here to spread some love into this thread by actually spreading some hate...

Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption absolutely deserved to die and I'm glad they did.

• @GoTaco I thoroughly enjoyed this untimely and gratuitous display of hate.

• @GoTaco Everything deserves to die. Living forever is for fools!