Pax West 2017.

• Dunno if anyone else is going, but I'll be there Sat/ Sun and I thought I should make a thread to discuss things and post reactions to things I'm seeing. Last year i played Pyre, RIGS, World Of FF, and Beat Cop. Might have also looked at Dreadnought, can't remember if that was PAX or PSX.

I'm gonna try to get an appointment for PSVR Moss. (The game with the weird mouse protagonist) and maybe Gran Turismo sport.

Then, check out some Indies, and maybe some Nintendo stuff if the lines aren't insane. (They'll be insane)

Sunday I'm obviously going to the EZA panel and meet up at Twitch Lounge.

If anyone is there today, let me know what's hot!

• Never been to PAX, but play some indies and let us know what looks cool. Do you or the other allies know if the EZA panel is going to be streamed live, Id be down to watch it if it isnt the same time as AI.
    Thanks

• I have no idea, but it's in one of the smaller theaters, so prob not.

• Didn't get to play the game, but this graphic is just too good not to share
    alt text

Aren't these guys supposed to be buying servers right now?
    alt text

Hot Lava is a video game adaptation of one of my favorite things, it's a first person multiplayer focused platformer where the floor of the various stages turns to lava! Miiiiiight be my favorite thing I saw today for sentimental floor is lava reasons. Demo is fun if you like first person platformers. Also verified that you can play single player.
    alt text

Galaxy of Pen and Paper is the followup to Knights of Pen and Paper, so... it's an RPG where you play as the DM of a RPG quest in 1999. Roll some dice, slay some aliens!
    alt text

Speaking of DMing an RPG, I played Divinity: Original Sin 2 for 20 minutes, futzed around with the char creator, and picked a fight with the very first person I found (and got my butt kicked) Game looks to be super deep and customizable, there's a DM mode, but it wasn't turned on for this demo, there's co-op like the first game, there's undead versions of creatable character races. This is an undead lizard-man. I went with an undead elf.
    alt text

Played Biomutant demo. Looks great. Controls need a bit of tightening up I thought, though might have had something to do with me not instinctively knowing where the buttons were on the XBO controller. Very slash slash shoot jump shoot slash. The character creator lets you pick different fur colors/lengths/patters for your player, so I was a white and purple mutant with long floppy fur.
    alt text

Here's a quick peek at the Biomutant Character creator screen.
    alt text

Ni No Kunu II: Revenant Kingdom is damn good looking. Combat system is totally changed and didn't get to really wrap my head around it in the few moments I played, but PRETTY. SO PRETTY!
    alt text

Knack II, sequel to Game of the Generation. Didn't play the demo, just watched for a min. If you like Knack, it's more Knack!
    alt text

• I wanted to go, but sadly I couldn't justify the cost.. And with all the storms and fires I couldn't get to the airport right now anyway.

Sigh Maybe next year, PAX south is the day before my birthday every year.

• Played Windjammers. Is fun. I think this would be better couch competition than solo arcade style play tho.
    alt text

Played Samurai Showdown Special... I may be misremembering how Samurai Showdown looked, but graphically I think this game isn't as good as I remember Samurai Showdown looking? Plays pretty good tho.
    alt text

Did not get in to play Detroit, which was one of my goals this weekend, but I got to stand here and watch several playthroughs of the E3 Demo, in which you play one android, trying to talk down another android who's gone rogue and taken a little girl hostage on a rooftop. I saw several endings, including an ending where the girl is saved, and the bad android is taken out by snipers, an ending where the girl is saved and you sacrifice yourself and tackle the other android off the roof, and one where the other android jumps to his death with the girl, killing both. Apparently there are other scenarios that I didn't see that could play out, including other android shoots you and/or the girl, or you shoot the other android and maybe save or incidentally kill the girl. I didn't have time to stick around and wait for maybe someone else to do just the right things. :) Anyways - looks like there's a ton of options and choices and scenarios that tie together. Looking forward to seeing how each individual story ties together.
    alt text

Played Gran Turismo Sport in a non-vr pod not quite built for a person who's my size. Tokyo Street course with a grey Nissan GTR. Came in 4th. Looks good. I think it plays pretty well, but this is my first time using a wheel/pedals setup so I can't really compare it to anything. I'm not a big racing game guy, but it seemed like real driving to me.
    alt text

Ooblets!
    alt text

There was a Witcher panel. Apparently they had fun coloring books and such.
    alt text

EZA Panel was jolly, lots of behind the scenes talk. Was not streamed, but they did record it, so you guys MIGHT get to see it on Youtube at some point. Assuming the recording worked. :)
    alt text

And this is on my way out. Bye bye PAXWEST2017!
    alt text