Should i give up on zelda

• Should i give up on zelda.

i bought mutiple artbooks have many of the amiibos just because i like the art style.
    tried to play every game untill wind waker on the wiiu.
    in some way i can't get into them.
    the controls bother me no jump button is 1 of my biggest gripes.
    the only game i got far in is the wind waker.
    the other thing is whereever the game doens't wan't you to go it puts you back.

Should i just give up.
    or start a sertain zelda game.

i have every nintendo console/handheld untill the wiiu (not a virtual boy (; )

Sorry for spelling errors english is not my base language.

• If you don't like a series you shouldn't try to force yourself to like it just because the art style is good. That said maybe give Breath of the Wild a spin since it's pretty different.

• @DeweyDTruman and it does have a jump button

• Yeah try out Breath of the Wild, it has a Jump button and you can even climb, and it's huge.

• If you can't get into Breath of the Wild then yeah, absolutely quit on Zelda, because it's not getting much better than that!

• you don't have to like a game series. zelda is great, if you can't appreciate it then that's obviously a dealbreaker.

• Breath of the Wild fixes two of the specific problems you mentioned. It has a jump button, and after the tutorial section, you can go anywhere, no restrictions.

• Breath of the Wild isn't a Zelda game it's a storyless open world game.
    If you like puzzles, stories, and dungeons — Zelda.
    If you like open world games — Breath.

• @Haru17 said in Should i give up on zelda:

Breath of the Wild isn't a Zelda game it's a storyless open world game.
    If you like puzzles, stories, and dungeons — Zelda.
    If you like open world games — Breath.

BotW is a fairly balanced mixture of Zelda and open world. A bit low on Zelda, but nowhere near devoid of it.

• @Oscillator It's a bad, 8-hour-long Zelda game in an open world game you can waste a whole lot more time in. There aren't even dungeons dude, don't make excuses for Breath just because it's trendy.

The few new items are hit and miss; stasis is creative but magnesis is literally just moving metal objects. Past Zelda games would make you figure out creative ways to move things instead of just giving you an item that lets you directly manipulate them in 3D space. And cryonis exists only so they don't have to make the lakes explorable or make the swim speed half decent.

The worst thing about the alleged Zelda aspect of the game is all of the metroidvanian elements are just removed. The item progression, removed. Learning new things about an item after you first obtain it, removed. The shrines are pathetic: obviously budget menial tasks. There's no intellectual challenge at all once you understand a rune's basic function, it's just going through the motions and occasionally fighting to get the physics system to do what you want.

@Oscillator It's a bad, 8-hour-long Zelda game in an open world game you can waste a whole lot more time in. There aren't even dungeons dude, don't make excuses for Breath just because it's trendy.

The play clock on my Wii U says I've had the game on for 270 hours. What I say about it has almost nothing to do with what other people are saying.

There's more to Zelda than just the gameplay. My #1 concern when I heard that Zelda was going open world was that the charm and atmosphere would be spread too thin. They aren't. The game still feels like Zelda thoughout.

I agree that the key items and dungeons are lacking. But the flexibility of the runes and the variety of the shrine puzzles help make up for that. Not entirely, but they definitely take the edge off. One thing that I felt was painfully lacking (and neglected to mention in my review) was the minigames. Way too few for a world that large, and the ones that were there were too basic, too short, and only kind of fun.

• @Oscillator Charm and atmosphere are subjective and, IMO, Breath of the Wild didn't feel like Zelda, it felt like Skyward Sword and that sanitized reinterpretation. Much of the NPC dialogue was weirdly joke-y but not really that interesting and the characters were, as a rule, shallow.

But the rest of it is inarguable. Breath of the Wild literally removed the metroidvanian progression. You can not find new items and then go back through the world and use them to solve puzzles or access area you saw earlier but couldn't yet attain. There are no meaningful secrets left in Breath of the Wild. The game never changes and a Zelda needs to change.'

So, I reiterate, if you want an new age open world title, Breath of the Wild is above average without breaking the copy past mold.

If you want a core 3D Zelda game; Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess.

@Oscillator Charm and atmosphere are subjective and, IMO, Breath of the Wild didn't feel like Zelda, it felt like Skyward Sword and that sanitized reinterpretation.

Could you elaborate on Skyward Sword? It's got problems, but I wouldn't call it sanitized. IMO, it tries too many new things for its own good.

• Life is too short. Maybe just research into what Zelda games you may specifically enjoy and play those, but don't burn life playing games you don't enjoy.

That fact you like the aesthetic is enough to make you a fan. You can settle at that.

From experience, I regret forcing myself to play games. I LOVE The Witcher and I LOVE Dark Souls, but I've put down both TW3 and Dark Souls 3, for the time being, without regret.

• The best Zelda game is called Alundra :)

• @Haru17 but there are dungeons, you shouldnt have to lie to make points

• @Haru17 "it felt like Skyward Sword and that sanitized reinterpretation"

doesnt even make sense. skyward sword is very much a traditional zelda game. to say that this is like that but somehow completely the opposite doesnt really make sense

• What's with these threads that pop up from time to time from a user with no posts or picture and asks or states the strangest thing to only disappear and never be seen again, while all the time the community battles it out in the thread.

You've all been trolled.

Watch me get proven wrong...

• @CGamor7 just because someone is new doesn't mean they can't have an opinion many forum regulars would disagree with or ask a bit of an out-there question.

• @Sieghardt said in Should i give up on zelda:

The best Zelda game is called Alundra :)

Link to the Past is better imo, but close.