Pokémon (Switch, TBA)

• It's still very vague but this interview of The Pokémon Company CEO makes it sound like it won't just be an up-rezzed 3DS game:

• Right now we’re using 7 to 8 inch screens, but on a high-definition TV you can express a whole different world with graphics and sound.
    • Until now, games were made as one for one person, but now you can go home and play with everyone -- so how do we tackle these themes, and how do we make sure it’s not complicated?
    • I can’t say that we’ll release accessories, but I’d like to think of that possibility.
    • Unlike smartphones, the Switch is not a game device that assumes that there’s constant network connectivity. So from our perspective, it’s really not that different from DS or 3DS in terms of connectivity.

Is he hinting at co-op? Or just the fact that you'll finally be able to have more than one saved game per copy?

• @Axel said in Pokémon (Switch, TBA):

It's still very vague but this interview of The Pokémon Company CEO makes it sound like it won't just be an up-rezzed 3DS game:

• Right now we’re using 7 to 8 inch screens, but on a high-definition TV you can express a whole different world with graphics and sound.
    • Until now, games were made as one for one person, but now you can go home and play with everyone -- so how do we tackle these themes, and how do we make sure it’s not complicated?
    • I can’t say that we’ll release accessories, but I’d like to think of that possibility.
    • Unlike smartphones, the Switch is not a game device that assumes that there’s constant network connectivity. So from our perspective, it’s really not that different from DS or 3DS in terms of connectivity.

Is he hinting at co-op? Or just the fact that you'll finally be able to have more than one saved game per copy?

Well, so far on the switch most games still only have one save file but they're unique to each profile on the system. Might just be like that with Pokemon as well.

They did also say at E3 (Or as I recall, maybe I'm wrong) that this was a "From the ground up" game for the switch, so definitely no remakes.

Not sure what they mean about multiplayer though, could be co-op or it could just be a couch PvP situation. Would be cool if you could do 2v2 with someone at your house over the internet against other people. Or perhaps it's a better organized trading system between profiles on your switch using the pokemon bank thing that 3DS had?

Who knows, so far they make it seem like they (Nintendo) assume most people would have friends that own a switch or multiple switches for a lot of these multiplayer experiences, like with mario kart, etc.