Destiny 2 (PS4/Xbox/PC)

• @CGamor7 Just think of it as the Red Eagle clan :D

• @Bently454 lol, now if we could find the lost clan of EZA 3. They should of had a clan for each of their team names from the podcast. Would have been fun.

• @Stormcrownn @Bently454

I've seen some of the stuff he's talking about but for the most part my game seemed fairly different. I'm not done the main story yet and I'm level 20. I have not seen entire rooms getting cleared out after respawning and ive also not been able to just sit around and play passively. There's been several instances in the main missions where there is no way I could just play around casually and punch enemies. He's makes some valid points about the audience of Destiny I think but it's a bit overkill. Maybe the game is downscaling difficulty for him since hes at the mimum requirement? I dont suck at shooters but that not the game i was just playing so... but yes there could be a bit more difficulty put in.

• @CGamor7 said in Destiny 2 (PS4/Xbox/PC):

@Stormcrownn @Bently454

I've seen some of the stuff he's talking about but for the most part my game seemed fairly different. I'm not done the main story yet and I'm level 20. I have not seen entire rooms getting cleared out after respawning and ive also not been able to just sit around and play passively. There's been several instances in the main missions where there is no way I could just play around casually and punch enemies. He's makes some valid points about the audience of Destiny I think but it's a bit overkill. Maybe the game is downscaling difficulty for him since hes at the mimum requirement? I dont suck at shooters but that not the game i was just playing so... but yes there could be a bit more difficulty put in.

After playing a bit more with a critical eye I have some additional thoughts. I still think he's embellishing a bit, but there is definitely moments where I saw the AI not take advantage of moments they could have taken me out. There are moments where minor to medium effort can be put in to ckear an area. This is my observations for the story missions.

However when reviving in a restricted revival zone, there has never been a time that the enemies vanished. It started me right back at the start to do it all over again. Another point I want to point out about him saying it's pointless gameplay. Sorry but most games are. What makes a difference for me personally if a game is a waste of time or not is typically if I value the story. Obviously for me there is the exception. To compare a game i just recently played through which is Titan fall 2 there's is literally no difference for the value. The game was easy fun and short. So titan fall 2 must be the worst game ever too. Games are all designed with the illusion of difficulty. So I'm not sure why complain here over other games. Maybe it's just implanted poorly here. I however did a mix of things and the main quest is fairly easy in comparison. Would be nice for difficulty options in strikes etc... And yeah the AI could use some work. But I don't think this is a typical shooter. I think most of them are suppose to be cannon fodder and the challenge is in swarms. But I've been having fun so far so maybe I'm a mindless drone too.

Glad there are opinions like this though. They need to be heard. But he should be less reactionary and more objective. Play through most if not all of the game first maybe. And Maybe not insult ppl for liking it... because sometimes that's the kind if game ppl want, whatever that may be.

• @ZyloWolfBane I suppose the length of content was my main point when bringing up the campaign being introduction/tutorial and using Bungie's pedigree.

A lot of my opinions about Destiny are affected by how many multiplayer shooters there are on PC. (As well as raiding/MMO style content)

Destiny just doesn't bring enough content, enough of a story, or any unique enough gameplay that's worth $60. Even if it had all of those things, the microtransactions, season pass situation last year, exclusive content deals (Especially when considering an MMO) and the really stupid delayed PC release are enough to make me check out.

It comes out 3 days before Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein 2, and Assassin's Creed Origins. One week after the new South Park game. If I manage to get my fill of those four games, the new Horizon Zero Dawn Expansion comes out. There's plenty more games from the last few months that I'm behind on as well. (This is a total me problem though, and more just irritated at the timing of it. If the PC Version was out this month I'd probably buy it)

Destiny 2 offers a first person shooter experience that i can get in almost hundreds of other games, and MMO content that I can get from WoW/FFXIV.

The absolute nail in the coffin is that they started selling gameplay-related items for cash. No amount of excuses about how the current mods for sale don't actually impact the game and you get stuff fast anyway. They're simply testing people's patience until they can start selling holiday-timed exotics.

Also a total me problem is that there's very few people IRL that I'd enjoy playing with, and I don't really have any solid online-friends that I know i'd have fun with. If this wasn't the case then the social aspect of the game might be able to excuse the rest of it.

• Global Moderator

anyone know where Zur are today?

• @Lotias said in Destiny 2 (PS4/Xbox/PC):

anyone know where Zur are today?

Nessus, he's on the map. You'll be disappointed too.

• @Stormcrownn I think that sounds completely reasonable. I don't play a lot of online games. I'm hoping the EZA community can keep me into the high level stuff or Yeah, I don't be playing much once other games come out.

• Please look at original post to see updated clan lists. There is 3 clans now and potentially 4 but not sure. Update me if anyone knows.

• Really enjoying Destiny 2. Gearing up for raid but still only around 230 light.

• Anyone want to help/just try do the Trials with me ? Every LFG site ive been on seem to aggressive to try and join on my first attempt at them. Also looking for a raid group when I get enough Power level. Currently have a 271 Hunter on psn: Skippa281

Always down to grind out strikes or whatever it is your up for :D L&R

• @Skippa next time I'm on I can message you. I'm on randomly though, because life is busy lol. But I do want to do the rat king quest and such.

• @CGamor7 sounds good to me friendo, I need someone to help with that anyway. Ive done the first bit now I just need a 2nd to do the patrols and etc with. Ill be on all of today

• Need 2 more for the raid if anyone wants to join. Starting after the dogs.

• @MistahShowtime ill join if youll have a 270 with who hasnt done the raid yet haha

• @Skippa you might also want to look at joining EZA4. its currently at 34 members.

the link is in the OP of this thread.

• @Skippa I'm not going to be attempting the raid until this weekend at the earliest but I'm in the same boat. Also haven't done a Nightfall yet because my friend and I couldn't complete it just the two of us. I'll try to remember to add you on PSN when I get on next.

• @CGamor7 I created a clan with a couple of my mates already when I couldnt find V3 hahah cant abandon my boys.

• @Skippa

alt text

Yes you can, think of all the free Engrams your missing out on. :)

• @CGamor7 the most annoying thing is that when huber sent out the original link for V1 I joined on the destiny companion app but then never actually joined apparently, was rather annoying.. What kind of engrams are up for grabs cos im struggling to get past 271, the grind is reeeeeal