Nintendo Direct: Literally NintenDOOMED!

• @Yoshi But isn't Wolfenstein coming to Switch in early 2018? I do agree though, as I did not expect there to be much (if any) third-part support for it. But I think Fifa 18 is a big statement showing that it can be done. We'll just have to wait to see how it runs and the sales for the Switch Edition in comparison to PS4 and XB1.
    Doom however seems great for the Switch, lovely little pick up and play type game, however the main one I'm still waiting for is Rocket League. That will just be devoured when I get it (technically for the third time, after PS+ and PC). Can't get enough of it.
    So yeah. Third part support to a degree, let's hope it continues to gather momentum.

• @Lotias i was making and emphasizing a point by using sarcasm obviously.

the internet is on basically every single other electronic device in the world. you don't need it on this one as well when you already have it on everything else. out of the all the complaints made about the Switch and Nintendo, i find the no internet complaint the most baffling one of them all.

• @Yoshi There is somewhat of a distinction between acting like a huge cockhead publically and "making a point using sarcasm". Come on dude, I thought you had grown up.

I think it has less to do with the system not having a browser, and more to do with it not coming with features that were standard in consoles a decade ago.

• Mod Note: Before this gets derailed, stop and don't comment on posters. Please stick to the Nintendo Direct topic.

• Will be honest, did NOT expect to see Doom and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus hitting Switch. Guess iD Tech 6 was even more scalable than I thought.

Can't say anything about Wolfenstein II yet (obviously) but, bad port aside, Doom will make for an excellent buy for Switch gamers.
    Will also be nice to play Skyrim on the go. (and it's nice to see the Link-related gear will NOT be Amiibo exclusive)

• @Haru17

I get Tony Hawk's Pro Skater combo vibes from that. No game has quenched my thirst for that type of fluidity since that series.

• @ChaosBahamut
    ID Tech 6 is almost some black magic stuff, I will say I'll happily buy DooM again.
    I do wonder if there will be any Nintendo stuff thrown into DooM or Wolfen 2 (Chainsaw replaced with Master Sword?)

• @DMCMaster
    Or a mode that replaces all the Cacodemons with flying Koopa Troopas.

• @GoTaco It's pretty sick isn't it? The dive into the hat trampoline. And this is a game with so many unique power ups / captures on top of mini games and underwater mechanics — the dive looks to have a whole contextual animation shoreside as well as a bit of glide beneath the surface.

I just hope the Sunshine super slide out of a dive will return along with the rocket nozzle which got turned into a capture, maybe contextually in levels with standing water.

• I was blown away by Mario - like, that's an overused phrase, but it's incredibly apt this time. Like Kyle I had to just look away for most of it because holy hell, there's a lot going on that I want to experience myself

Xeno2 was cool and confirmation of 2017 is all I needed. Octopath is rad. EO5 demo on the 3DS was rad. I'm looking forward to the 3DS being retired, but it's having a good time of it.

Still, biggest bummer? No Animal Crossing. I mean hell, I'm literally in the process of Kickstarting an AC-clone so a new AC would probably hurt me a lot, but I was desperate for something. Anything!

I don't even want to play the mobile game, but the fact that it was delayed and then just hasn't been talked about at all is so mysterious to me. It's been half a decade since New Leaf, and the Switch (and the WiiU!) are both perfect Animal Crossing platforms. Yet we've heard nothing - not even a teaser

Where is it?!

• @WarpDogsVG well you did get Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer in 2015

also the 3DS hasn't even been out for a decade yet and Animal Crossing New Leaf came out less than half a decade ago. the game only came out in 2013. literally 4 years ago. Animal Crossing fans aren't anywhere close to being starved for entries in their series. not like Metroid fans were.

i personally will never understand the appeal of animal crossing. basically just feels like a clone of the sims.

• @Yoshi metroid fans received 2 games

• @ib0show
    No.
    We only received one.
    Metroid Other M was just a joke.

• @El-Shmiablo I think he meant Federation Force. But, your point still stands ;)

• So the multiplayer for Doom will not be included on the cart and must be downloaded seperately.
    Not a big deal considering the MP is a dumpster fire, but I guess that is how they will be getting around the cart limitations for games.

• @El-Shmiablo That's a really good compromise.

• @El-Shmiablo
    So the cart is all Killer no Filler.

• @ib0show if you're reffering to Samus Returns and Prime 4 then yeah we have and that's fantastic. it's about damn time too!

if you're talking about Other M and Fed Force, those aren't proper metroid games and are the reason why metroid fans have been angry at nintendo for so long

• @Yoshi I'm sure mother fans would love a federation force

• @ib0show i actually liked Federation Force and would love another one.

it was by no means a metroid game though. just a fun little spin off