Not staying Silent (Re: Brandon's "Line Crossing" talk in Podcast#77 L&R)

• @Jigoku-no-Musou Then you don't understand the point of bullying. Bullying is something people do to elevate themselves over others. You can do that physically, by picking on those weaker than you. You can also do it by mocking someone different or "other" than the status quo or mainstream. Sometimes it's both, not always.

online strangers I could avoid

The object of EZA is not to make people "avoid" us, because of our online behavior, by the way.

• @TokyoSlim Political Correctness is the mainstream.
    While of course you can technically bully someone online, 1st off it's not even half as bad as actual real life bullying as there are plenty of measures to get rid of online bullies, and 2nd it simply didn't happen in this thread. And saying it did is really downplaying the concept of bullying as a whole.

• @Jigoku-no-Musou People literally kill themselves over online bullying. "Whataboutism" is a completely useless argument here

• @Jigoku-no-Musou I think we are talking about the RESPECT part of love and respect, not Political Correctness. Political Correctness is a generally meaningless catchphrase, anyways.

I respect that the OP feels a certain way. That's his right as a human being, as it's also yours and mine. Just because most of us (at least in this thread and maybe on this forum and in the community in general) happen to be non-religious doesn't mean that we have to tell someone who replies to a specific question about their feelings on a specific matter how thin their skin is or how oversensitive and baby-like they are. If you told me what upsets you, I could turn around and use that against you as well. My point is that we SHOULDN'T. We should, as part of this community, at the behest of the creators of this forum and the content we enjoy - all be trying to respect each other and be more inclusive.

• @TheHashtag0nist I'ma be brutally honest here, if you are mentally that fragile, and don't seek professional help, I can not feel sorry for you, and I say that as someone who used to have suicidal thoughts in the past and still have them from time to time.

• @TokyoSlim Of course he has the right to feel whatever, but I don't think he has the right to tell others to adjust their own behaviour, especially people he doesn't has to interact with at all but does so voluntarily.

• @Jigoku-no-Musou

I don't think he has the right to tell others to adjust their own behaviour,

Which the OP specifically went out of their way to make sure they didn't do. So I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up.

• @TokyoSlim Tbh, kinda irrelevant, even though OP didn't had the intention, others will pick this up and insert their own intentions, it always happens.
    I like how TheHashtag0nist said "Good post, speaking up like this is for the benefit of everyone."
    "Everyone", that would include me and also Suplextrain, but in what way, shape or form does it benefit me? It doesn't. It only benefits him and people who think like him.
    And I as well was at 1st confused what word Suplextrain isn't supposed to use anymore, at least OP used censored versions of the terms he has problems with, which are technically things that could get beeped out in TV. But triggered? Like, for real, you couldn't just say "Plase don't use the word Triggered"? The people who established that term are not the trolls this time, it's the people who unironically use it, who put Trigger Warnings everyhwere, who complain when others don't. It's absolutely understandable why it became a term mostly used to make fun of those people, because the concept is utterly ridiculous, I have no sympathies for it.

• @Jigoku-no-Musou said in Not staying Silent (Re: Brandon's "Line Crossing" talk in Podcast#77 L&R):

"Everyone", that would include me and also Suplextrain, but in what way, shape or form does it benefit me?

This forum and community striving to be as inclusive as possible benefits you by allowing you and I to be here and feel as if we can express ourselves even if your opinions are not popular. And TBF, I personally find many of your opinions to not be that popular with me, specifically. So I'd think that would be an immediate benefit to you if others feel the same, if you're asking earnestly. I still respect you and am willing to have honest discussions with you and everyone else. Being inclusive and allowing members to speak up without retribution is how we keep from being an echo chamber. We all benefit from that. Growing and attempting to be more compassionate to others is also a benefit to all people.

Tbh, kinda irrelevant, even though OP didn't had the intention, others will pick this up and insert their own intentions

And I'm speaking out against this behavior. Using things you made up in order to criticize someone else's beliefs is not "discussion".

• For such a respectful OP, I'm kinda shocked at some of the responses in here. It's not like he demanded that they change their ways, just that they be more careful of the words they choose.

You could say, "Grow a thicker skin" to just about anything, and it'd still be just as much of a throwaway response as it is here.

Just like I don't think Ian should have to put up with all the nasty comments he gets on Youtube, I don't think this guy should just have to keep his mouth shut because others don't agree with his chosen faith.

Besides, he seems to already have a pretty thick skin if he's stuck around this long and is just now saying something because the opportunity presented itself.

• Mod Note - The word I was clearly referring to was 'triggered'. Do not use it again. You can expect a warning and your post to be removed if used. @suplextrain, you will receive a ban if I see 'triggered' used by you. If you or anyone else has an issue with this, you can PM me. Do not waste more posts in this forum on the topic as they will be removed and could lead to a ban also.

Next thing is, people could probably do with reading the OP as the conversation has changed widely on what they think the OP is about. If the conversation continues in this way (essentially derailing the thread), it will be locked.

• Im a little late to this thread. I think its a great idea. I myself had issues with the content snd expressed it in these forums too. However, after scimming the thread, i wanted to add my own thoughts on a topic.

This ironically is something I never thought about when watching EZA. For myself without going into great detail, I'm not religious or atheist. Yet, I try to be mindful of the words I use. Its very hard. Instead of devaluing what was said by using context as an argument, I believe the person should mean what they say and say what they mean. We use a lot of empty words and phrases. In practice if we truly spoke with purpose, we would offend each other a lot less. Why use words when they literally have no meaning to you and yet could have all the meaning in the world to others. Anyways that's my 2 cents.

• This post is deleted!