Gaming suggestions, in need of good story.

• are you looking for new games or classics?

the Trails series is a very good modern(ish) game that captures classic JRPGs
    I'd also recommend Valkyria Chronicles and Persona 4

The Yakuza series has really good character driven story

If you're ok with some fanservice, the Ar Tonelico series has very emotional stories with vast amounts of character interaction and characters you'll definitely be attached to.

• @Sieghardt New would be preferable but I don't mind classics also, I'm just trying to move on lol. I have to admit I never played Persona before, I feel like I really missed something and I don't know where to start with it. I got all consoles though so I might be able to start the series, is it worth it? (I'm on vacations so I have a lot of free times!)

• @Crono said in Gaming suggestions, in need of good story.:

@Sieghardt New would be preferable but I don't mind classics also, I'm just trying to move on lol. I have to admit I never played Persona before, I feel like I really missed something and I don't know where to start with it. I got all consoles though so I might be able to start the series, is it worth it? (I'm on vacations so I have a lot of free times!)

the Persona games are all seperate, just jump in and play 4 right away, it's wonderful, play that before anything else :)

the Trails games are NOT seperate, play Trails in the Sky, the TitS Seconf Chapter, then 3rd chapter comes out in spring, then you can play Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2, it's an epic continuous story set in the same world showing different sides of a vast world and story.

the Ar Tonelico games are also a continuous story, so play them in order of Ar Tonelico -> Ar Tonelico 2 -> Ar Tonelico Qoga -> Ar Nosurge

• @Sieghardt Alright! Thank you much for the info!

• @Crono I would warn you that Persona 4 starts out a bit slow, until you get to the first dungeon, but it is so worth it. :)

• @StuffOnARock Yeah my friend will give me his copy of the game to try and he warned me "believe me, the first three hours will be loooooong." XD

• @Crono
    Give the zero escape series a try. If you have a 3ds I suggest starting with 999. I think it is the most memorable story I ever experienced. You will know those characters, I tell you.
    If you don't own a 3ds and don't intend on getting one, have a look at the second part, which is also on VITA. Virtue's last reward.

• @Krocsyldiphic Yeah I got a 3ds, is it on the online store?

• @Krocsyldiphic Oh I see it's a DS game, I should be able to find it somehow, wow got some serious gaming to do now ^^

• @Crono
    Just checked, unfortunately not. It's only on cartridge. If you happen to live in Munich/Germany I could lend you mine.

• No I live in Canada that's too bad, but I'm sure I'll find it out somehow before tomorrow morning!

• @Krocsyldiphic Do you recommend playing the sequels on Vita or stick to DS/3DS?

• @Crono
    I played Virtues last Reward on VITA since it was 5 bucks for the download version. It played perfectly on VITA. I can not compare it, though. I did not yet play Zero Time Dilemma, but I plan to get it on VITA as well.
    Generally I'd use the VITA especially if you own one of the older devices with OLED. The picture is really sharp and clear and the colors vibrant. Plus it's a lot cheaper on VITA.

• It may be lacking in the gameplay department, but To the Moon has an amazing story. It's cheap on steam and I won't say anything more than that.
    Also the first 3 Silent hills games if you can muster some horror and terrible voice acting!

• @Fridge-man Alright it's noted, as for Silent Hill.. how could I forget it on my list.. finished them all and yes the first 3 were masterpieces. I feel so sad for what happened with the serie though

• @Crono said in Gaming suggestions, in need of good story.:

@Fridge-man Alright it's noted, as for Silent Hill.. how could I forget it on my list.. finished them all and yes the first 3 were masterpieces. I feel so sad for what happened with the serie though

4 was good but not as good, and shattered memories was a pretty decent game but wasn't very "Silent hilly". The rest is GARBAGE. And then there was P.T...

• @Krocsyldiphic Alright, tried the Zero Escape serie... just ordered the two remaining games of the serie, I'm already sold this is awesome. Thanks

• The original Wild Arms for PS1. It's localization isn't the best, but there's a nice little narrative tucked in the game about finding yourself through your troubles. I like the character Rudy a lot, even if he never speaks. Similar to Crono and Serge from the Chrono series, their actions, more than anything, give them life.

Youtube Video

• I'd like to recommend Ni No Kuni if you're a fan of Studio Ghibli films. It has a very whimsical story much like a Studio Ghibli film. I won't spoil it but the opening got me very invested in the story. And the music...

Youtube Video

• @Light @sam776 Thanks for the suggestions! And yes I am a fan of anime, I really like Ghibli films so I will definitly look into it