Gaming suggestions, in need of good story.

• @The_Andredal Yup, loved Final Fantasy X, didn't want to play it again since I finished it (it was about when it became a greatest hit) just so I could keep that level of emotion intact I had with that game, now people say voice acting sucks and everything but at the time, those facial expressions were the best thing out there so who cared about voice, well at lease I didn't...^^

EDIT : Did you ever play X2, never did as I didn't feel the appeal.. is it any good?

• I'm going to throw Enslaved: Odyssey to the West into the mix. It was on 360/PS3, but I think it's on Steam too now.

One of my favourite games of last-gen. Doesn't do anything revolutionary in terms of gameplay, but it does it really well. Mix of Uncharted "platforming/climbing" and light hack-n-slash. It's not very challenging so if you want to play for the story, you'll have a really enjoyable time (and you can always crank it up to Hard).

The stand-out really is the world and the story, as well as the acting. It's a gorgeous, colourful post-apocalyptic world dominated by war machines. The characters facial expressions were amazing at the time and still hold up today, Andy Serkis plays the main character if I'm not mistaken.

And the story was written by Alex Garland, who you may know from the awesome movie Ex Machina.

Well worth a shot!

• Beyond Good & Evil, Play it or else

• I'll put a vote behind To the Moon. It's a great story.

I''d suggest the Uncharted series since they basically are just movies with a little shooting and climbing thrown in. I usually just play them on easy because it's the story I mostly want.
    Witcher 3 does also have some great writing in it. It's worth a try if you don't hate that style game.

And if you want old JRPGs and haven't played them, try Phantasy Star IV, Xenogears and Vagrant Story.

If you like simpler horror games then I'd suggest The Witch's House and Mad Father which were both free indie games.

I also was rather fond of The World Ends With You for the DS.

• Oh yeah, ODIN SPHERE.

You have to play that. Great story, characters, setting. Just got updated too.

• Ghost Trick
    alt text

best story in video games

• Here's a list of games with some great storytelling, albeit for different reasons.

• Hotel Dusk: Room 215
    • Braid
    • Telltale's The Walking Dead
    • Silent Hill 2
    • Machinarium (there's no text or speech, but a story is there!)
    • Bastion
    • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (more for the comedic dialogue than anything else).
    • The Banner Saga
    • Fire Emblem: Awakening
    • Shenmue
    • Golden Sun

• If you're wanting for story, then Life is Strange is a must play. It's choice-based, but it maintains the character's identities, so you're not just playing a Commander Shepard-style avatar. It's got exactly the "youths against tyranny" vibe you find in JRPGS and anime.