Ally-Made Art

• I'm just an amateur scribbler...I've never enjoyed working with color, probably because I found out relatively late in life that I'm colorblind. I had years of growing up thinking I was a complete idiot for not being able to identify colors. I don't have much with me right now since I'm at work, but here is an example of my style.

alt text
    I'm actually more of an arranger/composer. Not sure if music should go in this thread as well or if I should make another.

• When I was young, I always asked my dad if he could draw something for me, often some comic or cartoon characters and afterwards I tried to redraw them. At some point daddey probably had enough so I started on my own. Let’s say I never had much social needs so after school I would regularly draw some stuff, often (human) characters that I would draw in some fresh clothes (…if I didn’t forgot). So designing clothes was involved. I had art class in school and people said I could draw quite well.
    After graduating, I choose a different direction and I studied some physics and it kind of killed most of my artistic inspiration. Apart from some doodles, I only put in effort every few years. Have a drawing tablet and a drawing tabletish 2in1 so at least I am sufficient equipped if I ever feel like producing something. Style wise I started more with US-comics and then with the 2000 of course manga became popular. Inspiration is often a new drawing device so that I can say I did not waste the money or last time it was the beginning of EZAs Table Top Escapades. There are some things I might want to draw but I don’t have enough motivation or maybe time. A medium I am interested in is 3d modelling and animation and if I could (go back in time) I would try to learn something in that direction.
    But to end on a better note, a week or so ago my nephew and I spend some time playing Splatoon 2 and he asked me to draw some inklings. Wouldn’t say it turned out that great but for a 8 year old child it was good enough…

• @JamboHyland95 That sounds awesome! I of course want to learn to code myself but I think I'll probably end up mainly working on the art aspect of games. I'd love to discuss with you about making games though. I'm always running low on ideas for art so if you ever need some character sketches hit me up.

• Global Moderator

Just want to say that Im blown away by some of the art in here! we really got sooo talanted people!

Also just want to give a heads up to please try and avoid nudity images. I know its art and all, but we also got some young people. So far we are good though, but just as a reminder :)

• @Ikataishou I'd be happy with praise from an 8 year old. I had to do caricatures for a child's birthday party once (the parents were friends with my mom and knew they could ask me to do it for cheap) and I swear to god those kids were the harshest critics I've ever encountered and I post my art on a forum to have it professionally ripped to shreds.

• @michemagius will do! I've got some stuff on my mind but I need to get through this semester first!! 😂

• @JamboHyland95 I feel that. School takes up a lot of my time and I try to keep up with my gaming backlog in my free time so I usually only complete 2 sketches a week.

• @michemagius man you're telling me, I study about 4 hours a day plus travel and actual classes, I barely have time to work on game stiff, also it's hard to go home and spend 3 hours coding after spending 8-10 hours coding throughout the day.

• @JamboHyland95 Yeah that could get old for sure. I have a hard time doing anything I'm doing for a class outside of studying since it just feels like too much to do it with my free time. I don't take any art classes for my major though so I don't really face that issue with drawing.

• Banned

I guess I should put my username to the test shouldn't I?

This one isn't finished yet. Gotta do the top right corner and fix the weirdness of the shoulder, but aside from that it's pretty much done.

alt text

• @Art Dude that's amazing!

• Banned

What mediums do you know how to work with?
    I primarily use Prismacolor pencils as well as Oils.

When did you start making art?
    I can't even remember when I started. My dad had a sign and car painting business he ran and he'd always encourage me to draw and use his supplies.

How did you learn to make art?
    I just had a knack(lol) for it and continued to practice and work on it for years, because that's what it is. Work.

Is there a medium you would like to learn how to work with?
    Definitely dry pastel.

What are your artistic inspirations?
    Certain kinds of music really inspire me. Working around and with other artists is a great motivator as well.

Has your style changed? In what ways?
    I used to do just a lot of portraits, but then it all got very surreal one day.

• @Art. Oh wow! :o

• Any aquarists at this board? :)
    Channa pulchra snakehead drawing
    alt text

And a nature scene where I play with silouettes on layers to get some depth.
    alt text

Finally a drawing I later on printed on canvas as a gift for my wife
    alt text

• Banned

@Lotias said in Ally-Made Art:

Also just want to give a heads up to please try and avoid nudity images. I know its art and all, but we also got some young people. So far we are good though, but just as a reminder :)

:^)

alt text

• @Art You been holdin out on me motherfucker. I never saw the background on ol Cracking Girl. NICE!

• @Art Still love the sexy Granfalloon. Why the "hmmm" faces?
    edit
    ahhhh teh nudities

• Banned

@ZombieProof Did I forget to update it? My bad. lol

• @jaggafredde Sweet stuff dude!

• So how do we feel about music compositions in this thread? I was thinking about sharing some of my work but didn't know if it can go here or if I should make a new thread.