Ally-Made Art

• @Gaming_Groove love the first song, the slow pieces are beautiful, very emotional, great work!
    I’m an amateur guitarist myself, love making music, it’s therapeutic, fuel for your soul :)

• Quick 10 minute sketch of Lara Croft made just now in a try to improve my speed, I usually have problem knowing when to stop and spend way too much time on every drawing.
    alt text

• @Gaming_Groove Those toons are sick Groove! Especially that battle theme in the middle of the first vid. Just awesome.

Who are some of your favorite gaming composers? Being the old school fella I am I of course gotta give props to Yuzo Koshiro (streets of rage/actraiser). Lately though, it's all Christopher Larkin (Hollow Knight), Ari Pulkinnen (Trine series/Nex Machina), and Danny Baronowski(Meat Boy/Isaac). It'd be great to hear who some of your influences are man. You've definitely got an ear for it.

• @ZombieProof Thanks! Definitely love Yuzo Koshiro. Pulkinnen and Baronowski have done great work as well. Haven't listed to or played Hollow Knight yet, so I'll have to check it out.

Uematsu of course is a huge influence. His use of leitmotif, basically treating RPG music like writing an opera is something I've always wanted to be able to do.

I actually learned how to use Cakewalk in the mid 90's at about 12 years old when I was trying to make my own versions of some Link's Awakening tunes, so Kozue Ishikawa and Minako Hamano (her work in particular on Super Metroid as well).

I'm also a huge fan of the Panzer Dragoon series, so the composers that have contributed to that series are also big influences. A lot of the modal and folk music I've written probably draws from those games.

As for non-gaming influences, James Horner, Alan Silvestri, and Michael Kamen are definitely up there. I think I get my love of compound meter from Kamen especially.

@jaggafredde Thanks! The first theme in that first video is probably my favorite that I've ever written. It has a very personal significance to me, so I'm glad if any of that came through.

I noodle around on classical guitar a bit myself, though I love pretty much all styles. You should post some of your guitar music some time, I'd love to hear it.

• @Gaming_Groove I don't have any recordings for whole songs but here is a short clip where I'm jamming on my Gibson just after getting it. I've been dreaming to have a guitar like this for so long and finally caved in and bought a Les Paul Traditional as a 40's crisis gift to myself. Can't describe how awesome it felt! Well maybe the song does in a way, sloppy tones everywhere but I don't care I'm just jamming my way into happiness lol 😁

Youtube Video

A clip with some melodic rock too, playing on one of my favorite guitars right now, an Ibanez Premium

Youtube Video

• Just scoped that new Assassins Creed review so I figured I'd post this old Assassins Creed 2 pic that I did lol
    alt text

• Banned

@ZombieProof That guys blood pressure must be through the roof.

• @Art Damn you Art. One of these days...

• Okay maybe something a little different. Some handicraft. After their PhD defense its tradition to build a graduation hat for the student with something related to the person and his thesis on top of it. Since the student was (still) a Naruto fan, I made him a hokage hat. I checked the internets for some tutorials but the only ones I could find sucked. So I designed how to cut the paper and stuff myself, also included a swappable front and even the cloth, in this case a disposable tablecloth could be removed or changed. Turned out great and the hat even was the right size. Of cause the PhD student was the one who had to explain the hat to the profs.
    0_1509100468345_hokagehat.jpg

• @Ikataishou Ha! Thats hard core! Good job meng!

• everyone's work is awesome here! Great work guys!

Okay so thought I would post some of my Illustration work here! Going to be working on some game-based Illustration soon so will post that in the future :D

0_1510610957723_moon and city 2, Andrew Charles.jpg 0_1510610990818_sounds of the city, Andrew Charles 2.jpg 0_1510611027228_Car park, Andrew Charles.jpg 0_1510611071361_AR editorial, Andrew Charles.jpg

• @AndreCharles Oh my gosh man, those are awesome! I love your style!

• @michemagius Thanks :) hope to do some game fan art soon! What games do you think I should do?

• @AndreCharles I guess whichever ones your in to! The best fan art comes out of stuff you enjoy I think. I think your style would mesh well with games like Okami or Stacking though.

• Ok. I had some unexpected free time today since all of my classes got cancelled, so I was able to make a quick sketch. I didn't do any shading or anything, I might later. But for now I like the flat colors. Sorry for the size, I put it under a spoiler so hopefully that helps. I tried to shrink the image, but a lot of detail was lost just converting the image to a jpeg, and I didn't want to make it look even worse.

Spoiler0_1510813878013_magenta2.jpg

• If any of you ever get tired of having steady hands, let me know, and I'll take them so I can paint my Gundams without constantly having to go back and do touch-ups. :p

• I would post my "art" but all I have are character creations in video games. lol

I've always had a lot of respect for people who could create with their hands. I have never been able to do so.

• This is probably an insult to art, but it made me laugh while making it, haha.

alt text

• I thought I'd revive this thread. Finally did the finishing touches on my first piece of environment concept art. I actually don't draw landscapes very often, and I've never made one on my own before. In the past I've just made pieces based on a photograph or something so this was a bit of a challenge. I think my lack of experience shows, and I'm pretty unsatisfied with the shading, but I think for a first attempt it turned out well.

0_1514226509811_water world3.jpg

• This probably isn't the right page for this, since this isn't my art, but I just found this super sick tumblr/deviantart page that I think you all would appreciate. Check out his Monster Hunter and Pokemon redesigns (as well as his original work). Really great linework and I love his coloring.
    https://cosmopoliturtle.tumblr.com/