I need a place to dump my thoughts about this week.

• To preface this, yes it's about PBS. I came into the discussion as a complete outsider, I had no idea it was winning votes for the stream, I put my vote up (Dokapon Kingdom) and walked away cause patreon is a logistical nightmare and didn't want to scan 200+ comments for hearts, etc.

The potential for it to be streamed was of zero consequence to me, I don't enjoy those games (I have played exactly one of them) and would rather have seen golf story streamed instead yesterday.

Now, onto the actual reason I need to dump my brain. When the Veto came through I was a bit shocked, as I half expected resistance from the allies, but not a full blown no. And the timing of the announcement since it came up on THE day PBS would've been listed for public vote seemed equally wrong to me.

As a patron this felt very disingenuous, I felt I had to speak out as someone who would've been VERY offended had I been in the shoes of the people who voted for this game. And was met with much of the same vitriol that was found on Youtube as well as NeoGAF despite my indifference to the actual outcome.

Which in turn angered me far more since the community parrots L&R quite a bit while also being vile in nature to other members of the community, and it's been an ongoing problem for me personally since the end of last year having come to head at several key points throughout THIS year which also prevented me from wanting to attend local EZA events (I'm only an hour drive away) due to my already crippling social anxiety and fear that such an outburst from someone could trigger something unpleasant either in myself or others.

I've been leaning on walking away from EZA over it entirely in fact, but just as I lose my cool things tend to happen around here that make me think "Maybe it's not really as bad as I thought, I still like it here" and the subject is dropped.

Flash forward to now, I saw @BenMoore post on NeoGAF and now Youtube concerning yesterday's events. And I'm equally pleased, disappointed, and seeing things from a different point of view.

I personally had forgotten from my one and only experience with Senran Kagura in the past that the dialogue in itself can be very....unacceptable for public streaming, ben stating as such brought that back to mind, so just for this fact ALONE would warrant the veto IMO.

However when you consider how things were worded on the group stream last night it felt as if "We should've known better" as if we all knew that the game was going to be like this, finger waving at everyone as if they had done something wrong.

Now from my point of view being on the outside I only saw the possibility of resistance coming from the inherent lewdness of the game and nothing more, other people who've only perhaps seen the E3 coverage from EZA would assume that it might be a little lewd but potentially really fun to play and might've been voting entirely on that feeling.

Had I even remembered what that franchise was capable of even I would've been championing against that game being streamed, it would've gotten the wrong reaction from first timers for sure walking in on some of the language regularly used.

But I feel like there should've been some consideration that not everyone would've known this, not everyone was trying to "Troll" there doesn't seem to be any underlying deceit going on, just a simple misunderstanding and people just wanted to see the allies perhaps get a little uncomfortable, perhaps a few laughs just like with DOAx3. Harmless in my opinion.

My disappointment comes from the overall lack of awareness from the allies concerning the community and their behavior towards others, I don't mean just from this incident as it isn't just from this, I mean in the broader sense. There's quite a number of places that seem to be focusing on demonizing particular subsections of our community namely via NeoGAF and YouTube, that seem quite intent on disparaging the discord I'm part of, and just certain fans of things in general.

I don't demand that you guys should know EVERYTHING that happens, but when you have a clear and ever present issue in your face and you choose not to address it, I lose faith about this really being the safe/loving place it is touted as being. If you guys can be so forthcoming about how recent social media meltdowns of the past year concerning Jontron, PDP, Nazis, The POTUS, etc are unacceptable then why does defending our community members not warrant that same level of attention?

I feel that is why the clique mentality that Jones has actually discussed before hasn't changed, and has if anything gotten worse.

I won't deny that I share some blame in "Stirring the pot" sometimes, but I've never EVER gone out of my way to insult or attack anyone for their thoughts or even for the things they say, even when they clearly deserve it.

There were people entering the discord last night with the clear intent to fish for responses and reactions to post on NeoGAF, and it was as I'm sure most of you saw. No provocation whatsoever. Just solely seeking to further justify their vitriol. Some feel that (As per a post on the most recent Cup Of Jones) the actions of the allies yesterday weren't enough, that further denouncement of people that were in favor of PBS or anyone dissatisfied with the outcome (Like myself) should be publicly shunned, that our money shouldn't be welcome.

I don't even seek that type of thing from you, I just want to make it clear that this to me is wrong, that it should be viewed as wrong from a place that chants L&R as much as it does. That a simple acknowledgement that people like me shouldn't have to be ashamed or treated this way over something so ridiculous and stupid.

I still feel that everything was handled poorly, I have faith that you guys will do better in the future. Had everything been made clearer SOONER this could've been avoided, I was totally blind to the potential chaos PBS could've unleashed until Ben's post on NeoGAF reminded me.

But for right now I don't feel like I'm very welcomed, I haven't felt that way all year. And I don't like that I feel this way, some will probably think I should leave since my views are abrasive and I'm a "Negative" person anyway so I'm otherwise a welcomed departure, if the allies truly feel this way as some people want you to...then please, by all means make that clear. I'll leave immediately.

I have no idea how this could be changed, I don't know what I should really be asking for here. But I just wanted to get this off my chest, as an outsider to the conflict and as someone who's been at odds with my emotions over this community and it's attitude.

Take from it what you will, I'm not responding to this thread, the mods can feel free to lock it as long as it can be read, I'm planning to link it at the appropriate parties involved to maybe get some eyeballs on this subject in a different light.

And dear god if you actually read this whole glob of crap, thank you.

• I've said it elsewhere but honestly my issues with this whole vetoing thing are less at the veto itself (while it absolutely could have been handled better I won't pretend that I'm shocked that they didn't want to stream a game like that for two hours) and more at the way I've seen a lot of people react to it. I was always under the impression that "Love and respect" meant something along the lines of "try to see where the other side is coming from and treat them like you would want to be treated even if you disagree with them on a fundamental level" but I sure didn't see a lot of that from people constantly saying that the people that voted for PBS (which doesn't include me, I'm only a $1 patron at the moment for life reasons) were either trolling or creepy perverts that need to be shunned. It's like the game can't have any actual worth beyond its initial aesthetics. It's like saying The Wind Waker is a bad game not because you don't think sailing is fun or the dungeons are unsatisfying but just because you don't like cel-shading.

I almost get the feeling that I'm not wanted here when I see someone say that I'm wrong for liking something that they don't. I'm not a fan of Earthbound but I wouldn't ever tell someone they're a bad person for liking it. There's ~6,000 patrons and ~120,000 youtube subscribers for Easy Allies. We can't all like the same games or TV shows or even more important things like vote for the same politicans or follow the same religions. All we can do is try to understand each other and get along. Love and Respect.

• Stop supporting them then, tbh I never watch them, I'd never give them a cent, the only relations I have with the Allies is this forum which I came in as a refugee when GT died, but already in GT times I really only watched Final Bosman and some reviews.
    Enjoy the games you likealt text

As long they don't actively try and prevent the existence/localization of those games, like a certain Anita and other goons constantly do, their opinion should be irrelevant. Abandon them, they are replaceable like everyone in the entertainment industry, you will find someone else who won't make you feel unwelcomed.

• admin

Thanks for expressing your concerns Zylo. We've heard them. Hope you can continue to stick around and that you make it out to a meetup sometime.

• Like I said in the group stream thread, I personally don't have any feelings either way, really, regarding the Senran Kagura franchise. I've played a bit of two of them. They're kinda silly, kinda dumb, and yes, kinda risque, but that's about it.

Arguments against this sort of fanservicey game always sound strikingly similar to me of the old arguments back in the 90's that violent video games would make kids turn into violent people. Correlation does not equal causation.

That aside, I feel like introducing this new tier was a bad idea. If you're going to charge people $2 and in exchange give them a vote, then if you just go and veto those votes later on, it seems to me like you basically just took the money and ran.

Personally, I didn't have any stake in that week's votes, as I was too busy worrying about both my father and grandmother being hospitalized during the same week to really pay any attention, but all I've seen and heard just really rubs me the wrong way.

• I don't know about this. From what I read of the OP's post, I'm not sure that I fully understand what point they were trying to make. I guess what it comes down to for me is, Easy Allies is a brand. They create content. It's similar in a sense to an artist. When I was younger and trying to work on drawing more diverse characters I took requests from the community. I would draw almost anything but I also had rules. No nudity, no gore, no images of self harm, etc. And I'm not the only artist who does this. Lots of people who draw requests set out guidlines too. We're willing to draw almost anything you want to see drawn in our style, but artists are also a brand. People who like our style come to us for works in that style. People also come because they like the subject matter of our art. Style and subject matter both go in to making a brand. Back in the day I mostly drew fan art relating to a specific game series, everyone who followed me and commented on my artwork were fans of the same series and enjoyed my take on it. People could expect from me redesigns, designs inspired by characters, and original characters. That was my niche. Now one day, someone put in a request for me to draw one of their characters. They said that they liked my style and wanted to see my take on their character. That seems normal right? Well, that wasn't the case. They didn't just want me to draw their character, they wanted me to draw them bound and gagged in a closet. I wasn't a fan of the idea, but I was young and not very popular, and the requester had a series that was very popular. I thought if I did this request, more people would learn about my art and I would become more popular. Fulfilling this request did the exact opposite. Fans of the series I did the request for liked my image, but not many of them started following me or viewing my art consistently. But the people who had been following me already started to leave, they complained about the request being out of character for my style and found the image disturbing. People who followed me came for clean, normal designs. They didn't want to see a girl being bound and gagged in a closet, obviously. I lost a lot of followers, and people said a lot of bad things about me, ultimately leading to me not posting my art online up until very recently. I've since deleted the image I made for the requester, but the damage was done. The account I was using to post my art is pretty much unusable anymore with all the negative comments attached to it, so I deleted the account on the whole and lost a lot of my art.

What I'm getting at, is Easy Allies to me at least, are not just 9 people, but a brand. Just like an artist. You might say they differ from an artist like me because they receive money from their followers but I don't see the difference. Lots of artists are paid to fulfill requests in the form of commissions. And just like with unpaid requests they have guidelines too. Going off brand really hurts people's success and can do permanent damage to their reputation. Yes, people are paying to see the Allies create content, but what content gets made is ultimately up to the allies themselves. It would be one thing if they accepted money with the promise that they would start a new show and then just didn't. But in this case, they didn't deprive any of us of content, they just changed what content we received. Playing PBS would be off brand for the Allies. I don't personally mind games with lots of fan service, but it bothers a lot of people, which I understand. And more importantly it seems to make the Allies uncomfortable. I don't know each of the allies' personal feelings on fan service are and where their thresholds lie, but I do know that even for a person like me who enjoys fan service, it's really uncomfortable to play games or watch shows with it in the presence of others, and it's really uncomfortable to watch other people play games with fan service in them. And judging by their DOA stream, I don't think they would have had the best time. I wouldn't enjoy a stream where we just watched the allies not enjoy themselves for 2 hours, and I'm sure that's not what most of the patrons want either.

My point is, you have to respect the brand of Easy Allies. If PBS doesn't align with the brand of Easy Allies, don't expect them to play it. PBS wasn't even the #1 pick it was #2. It wasn't like the overwhelming majority of patrons voted for it. I honestly don't understand why them vetoing the game has been such a big deal. They didn't say "we don't like any of the games you guys picked, we're gonna choose one ourselves" they vetoed the second place option and let the patrons pick between the remaining games. We still got to choose a game that we wanted to see, just not the game that went against their brand. I come to the allies for their personalities, their opinions, and their coverage. I don't really want to watch them play a fan service game. I wouldn't find that to be good content, and I think a lot of other people would agree. The bottom line is, the allies have the final word on what content comes out. They ultimately decide what they put out in to the world and we as patrons either have to accept that or move on. I think the vast majority of the time, they give the patrons what they want and I think all of the content they have put out has been very high quality. Vetoing PBS shouldn't reflect poorly on them when they've done so much good so far.

They clearly have some guidelines, like an artist, about what content they are willing to create, and what they are not. I do think that those guidelines should have been made more clear from the start, and I think if the patrons had been given those guidelines this situation would have been avoided, but I'm not at all surprised by what happened.

As for the comments on the community, what can I say. The community isn't perfect. But the larger the audience, the more varied the people within it are. As much as I love the philosophy of Love & Respect, and try to adhere to it myself, it's not realistic to expect an entire forum to follow that motto. I think for the most part, the people on this forum are very respectful of each other. But there are some sticklers out there. You have to learn to live with the sticklers or leave, but to be honest, I really doubt that you're going to find a community better than this. Being a woman who plays games, it can be difficult to find a forum that doesn't have a ton of people making sexist remarks or actively trying to get me to leave the site. I've only ever been an active member of 3 forums for this reason, and of those 3 the Easy Allies Forums is the only one that isn't filled with sasaeng fans or people posting art of characters mutilated in various ways. It's what I consider a safe space. It's not perfect. I don't like it when people tell me that my favorite games are mediocre or the reason a series on the whole is bad now, but that's only happened a few times and even then, those are just words. They aren't threats, they aren't harassing me, they aren't posting anything upsetting or truly offensive. All things said and done, this forum is a pretty good place. About as good as they come. I know it could be better, and I want to see it get better, but right now I'm fine with how things are.

TLDR: Easy Allies is a brand. Brands have guidelines about the content they release. PBS clearly did not fit in to those guidelines. The guidelines should have been made clear before voting, but it's nothing to get that upset over or to consider leaving for. It's just one group stream. That's less than 1% of the content that allies have put out. As for the forums, they aren't perfect, but they're better than a lot of other places. If you don't like what you see or what people have said then maybe it's not a good fit for you, but you aren't likely to find somewhere that's a whole lot better.

• Ultimately, you have to do what you feel is right. However, I selfishly hope that you stick around. I think the opinions that you contribute are among the best on this forum. It may be vexing when certain things occur, but impassioned and constructive criticisms are how we continue to grow and become better.

• I was going to write a long message about this whole PBS drama but @michemagius already expressed most of my thoughts.

I'll reiterate some of the points I agree with and add a couple others:

• EZA is a brand and they should always have the final say in what content they produce.
    • Communities get more diverse as they grow larger, and there will always be splinter groups that feel at odds with others. Best to ignore those you don't relate to. Just remember that the overall community should still stand for the values you first joined it for and don't let the outliers push you away. @ZyloWolfBane I'm not familiar with the neogaf/discord/youtube parts of the community so I have no idea what goes on there, but as far as these forums are concerned, I feel like most of us try to make it as friendly and welcoming as possible, so I also hope you stick around!
    • In case of public arguments such as this one, there will inevitably be extreme voices on each side. Those will always be the ones picked up by one side to demonstrate that the opposite side is unreasonable/wrong. People will then find they are misinterpreted and misrepresented and get even more angry. And things will escalate from there. It's what happens every single day on every single topic on every single online platform, and it's the reason we see so much divide and "us vs them" mentalities these days, everywhere we look. It's easier said than done, but try to ignore the extremes, see where the other side comes from, and don't take part in the flame wars. Always try to be the voice of reason, towards the "opposite" camp and within your own.
    • I feel bad for Ben and the Allies as a whole who are getting so much flak for this. When you take a step back, it's such a small and silly thing to get angry about, especially when you consider all the awesome content and fun EZA has brought us over the years. I don't know if any of them will read this, but I'd just like to say that they shouldn't be disheartened over this, I'm pretty sure a large majority of their viewers are absolutely fine with their decision (or probably not even aware of the whole thing). They've explained their decision, maybe they didn't handle it perfectly, but come on, we all mess up sometimes, nobody's perfect. Let's all just move on.

• @Axel said in I need a place to dump my thoughts about this week.:

I was going to write a long message about this whole PBS drama but @michemagius already expressed most of my thoughts.

I'll reiterate some of the points I agree with and add a couple others:

• EZA is a brand and they should always have the final say in what content they produce.
    • Communities get more diverse as they grow larger, and there will always be splinter groups that feel at odds with others. Best to ignore those you don't relate to. Just remember that the overall community should still stand for the values you first joined it for and don't let the outliers push you away. @ZyloWolfBane I'm not familiar with the neogaf/discord/youtube parts of the community so I have no idea what goes on there, but as far as these forums are concerned, I feel like most of us try to make it as friendly and welcoming as possible, so I also hope you stick around!
    • In case of public arguments such as this one, there will inevitably be extreme voices on each side. Those will always be the ones picked up by one side to demonstrate that the opposite side is unreasonable/wrong. People will then find they are misinterpreted and misrepresented and get even more angry. And things will escalate from there. It's what happens every single day on every single topic on every single online platform, and it's the reason we see so much divide and "us vs them" mentalities these days, everywhere we look. It's easier said than done, but try to ignore the extremes, see where the other side comes from, and don't take part in the flame wars. Always try to be the voice of reason, towards the "opposite" camp and within your own.
    • I feel bad for Ben and the Allies as a whole who are getting so much flak for this. When you take a step back, it's such a small and silly thing to get angry about, especially when you consider all the awesome content and fun EZA has brought us over the years. I don't know if any of them will read this, but I'd just like to say that they shouldn't be disheartened over this, I'm pretty sure a large majority of their viewers are absolutely fine with their decision (or probably not even aware of the whole thing). They've explained their decision, maybe they didn't handle it perfectly, but come on, we all mess up sometimes, nobody's perfect. Let's all just move on.

I didn't want to turn this whole thing into a big deal, it's just been a big buildup over the past year since getting involved with the community and I had to say something.

Wasn't even gonna respond to anything on here but yeah I wanna clarify a couple things.

Totally aware they're gonna protect the brand, that's definitely common sense, I had a vague idea that PBS had no chance of ever being streamed, I just wasn't totally aware of just HOW bad it actually would've been which makes the situation even more obvious.

But like I said, my involvement comes purely from how it was handled on a community/patron level. I have a bad habit of sticking my nose into things that I view as unfair even if it doesn't involve me. I totally could've ignored this but I would've always had that nagging feeling in my head that things that were said yesterday and the way it unfolded subtextually would color my opinion of the allies, and I didn't want that.

The issues with the community were probably going to happen anyway regardless, the internet is full of hostile people, that's no secret...I'm no saint either. But the way things were worded by Jones made it seem like the sanctimonious crowd was right and that meant their labels of everyone else were fair, and as quite a few people said even while Ben was talking to us in discord that the treatment we received was our fault for supporting PBS in the first place! YES! While he was trying to diffuse this!

And THAT type of thing is what I wanted cleared up somehow, or just at least make the allies aware of it going on. It'd be a hell of a thing to get blindsided by if things ever got worse and someone got hurt in any way. It affects the brand in it's own way too with how the community looks to outsiders.

That's all I wanted, a brain dump and awareness post. If nothing came of it...well whatever, but it seems like it helped in it's own way, along with posts from other people elsewhere on the net.

It's over with now, I'm glad things could be settled. Peace on earth and all that...or at least in our own little corner of the net.

• Easy Ally

Here's a post regarding all of this: https://www.patreon.com/posts/14827083

• @IanHinck said in I need a place to dump my thoughts about this week.:

Here's a post regarding all of this: https://www.patreon.com/posts/14827083

Yep, already sent my appreciation along about it. I really do love you guys for being so proactive today. I expected nothing. And I hate feeling like I needed an explanation...I really do.

But simple things can really put a mind at ease.

• @ZyloWolfBane Just to be clear, my message wasn't meant to disagree with you or the fact you created this thread. I actually also felt like talking about all this and was glad to see you addressed it.

I was talking in general terms and my "Let's all move on" was addressed to everyone, not directly to you :)

I just read Brandon's letter and I hope this will put the matter to rest.

• @Axel said in I need a place to dump my thoughts about this week.:

@ZyloWolfBane Just to be clear, my message wasn't meant to disagree with you or the fact you created this thread. I actually also felt like talking about all this and was glad to see you addressed it.

I was talking in general terms and my "Let's all move on" was addressed to everyone, not directly to you :)

I just read Brandon's letter and I hope this will put the matter to rest.

No I know, (About your context) was also replying to miche indirectly too.

You're good man. And yeah brandon put it perfectly, I'm happy =)

I know we can't all get along always, I just seem to be at the center of problems so perhaps it's confirmation bias on my part when it comes to this whole thing, most likely my fault like I was saying earlier lol. And I'm stressed out more than I would like on a daily basis so I didn't want to feel like I was losing a place that felt like home when my home sucks.

• I'm not sure how my post was received but I hope I didn't sound too harsh. To be honest, like I said at the start of my post I'm not 100% sure what you were trying to say. My post wasn't just about what you had to say but also what I had been hearing from other members of the community. I don't want to condemn people who like PBS, and I don't like that people have been. I like fan service as much as the next weeb. But the bottom line for me is that EZA is a brand and they have to protect their image. The amount of fuss (for lack of a better word) around the whole veto situation, and the insinuation by some that EZA was stealing money from patrons really rubs me the wrong way.

• At first, I didn't think I would respond to this thread as everyone here, plus Mr. Jones's letter has touched on pretty much everything. However, now that I've reached the bottom, I can't help but respond

First: @ZyloWolfBane Excellent post and I'm sorry you've negative feelings toward being a member of the community. I've experienced that elsewhere and as a result, I'm not really active in the community I was a part of, primarily for toxic people. Not just toxic people, but A LOT of toxic people, and not wanting to even be tempted into getting into pointless flame wars with said individuals.

Second: @michemagius I absolutely loved your response as well and I want to compliment you on articulating your stance that makes so much sense from the brand perspective. I believe you hit the nail on the head as it were. Also, I want to touch upon your point about community interaction...

Third: As far as being a member of the community, it can be difficult when coming across someone, not who I disagree with or being disagreed with, but to the intensity of which the disagreement occurs. I only leave comments directly to the Allies on Patreon if the format calls for it (Cup of Jones/Love and Respect Question submission), submitting a Frame Trap question, and browse these forums for an interesting topic to read/contribute to.

That's it. The full scope of my interaction with anyone and anything involved with Easy Allies that is not their content directly.

And while my presence is minuscule, I have absolutely loved it here. Yes, I have come across some here who I have disagreed with. And only one instance comes to mind (though there could be a couple more, but I don't think so), where the disagreement escalated to an unsavory point. However, much to your point @michemagius, eventually, I moved on.

Despite trying to de-escalate the situation, I learned a valuable lesson in how to identify issues and handling them. Sure, there are I believe five, maybe, forum members who, through reading their stances, opinions, and other views located through the forums, I know I'm going to fundamentally disagree with.

And that's more than fine.

To not only those who have posted here, but to EVERYONE who may happen to read this:

You're welcomed. You're valued. Period.

If you don't believe that from across the spectrum, be it Twitch, Discord, NeoGaf, or where ever else, know that AT LEAST ONE member of the community, a resident of this forum, values you and your input.

Raises hand

Are we going to disagree? More than most likely. But the fact remains it doesn't make your stances, views or opinions less warranted. Do I like/care for/am interested in/want to see SKPBS? No. Not even the tiniest bit. Yet, if you do, and you want to share, then one person accepts you.

Again, 99% of my entire time here, this place is AWESOME. But I am FULLY aware that my exposure is limited to JUST HERE. Not Twitch. Not Twitter. Not YouTube comments (I never look at those on any video for anything ever anyway). Does that skew my perspective? Most. Definitely. However, it doesn't change the fact we are all here for at least some common interest.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the world for the most part what with all of the real world negativity that is inescapable, but in the face of all that, Love and Respect is a brand, a belief, a choice, a lifestyle, an unapologetic, steadfast, "This is how I'm going to live my life" mentality I embrace.

Being positive and nice yields and has yielded only positive returns for me. Which is one of many reasons why I'm happy Easy Allies exists, and why this forum exists.

I am very sorry for the long post. I kind of take these sorts of discussions to heart, even when I'm not originally involved. As someone who has the hardest time making any friendships of any kind, the welcoming I had back when this place launched ease some anxiety. Which is why I will go out of my way to make these kinds of posts to people who have expressed frustration about being accepted.

I know the feeling of fear that comes from not knowing whether or not a place is welcoming. So I'm going to try and pay it forward.

Thank you for reading. Love and Respect. And where ever you are in the world, good morning/evening/night.

• Global Moderator

Haven't read everyones post but it's genuinely really nice to see people talk about this in a respectful manner to one another.

• I feel this controversy has been blown out of proportion. While I understand some People might be dissapointed with the Allies decisions I believe they made the right call. That’s being said I feel the Allies should be communicated better their reasons behind the veto. Regardless, the Allies has never let us down, if you are one of the people who didn’t agree with their decision you can respectfully show your reasoning to them without being rude. Hopefully we will learn about this experience to avoid a situation like this in the future

• I would like to add something to this. This is not really regarding the topic of PBS or what ever is going on there because I do not follow NeoGAF and really don't care but I am a part of the discord EZA.

Yesterday a person was kind enought to post in discord general that the SNES mini was in stock on gamestop and use the feature @everyone which gives everyone that is a part the server a notification.

I am shocked to say that outcry of complaints about a gesture that is ment to inform people out of pure kindness was received by many people with rude comments and other things. making the person say he would not do it again.

This is actually how the community is and I have seen it more times. When light are turned on everyone is saying L&R but a lot are not doing L&R. This is one of the reason why I limit myself to post every little and keep to myself. It is sad to say that with all the talk that so few walk the talk :(