Anyone here from NeoGaf?

• @Carmichael @dmax3901

You typically wouldn't see ppl complain of unfair banning because their not there to let you know.

I also think many ppl have been unfairly banned If you take ppls personal accounts into consideration ir even read through the persons threads to see why they were banned. NeoGaf deserves a good chunk of the criticism it gets. Their mods were over zealous.

Another thing about Gaf was that hatred was always met with hatred. News of someone being outted in the industry would be met with lots of hostility from ppl there that would say vulgur things but their hatred and bigotry was allowed because it was directed at the hated. I personally like reading NeoGaf for many reasons but had to take breaks because if the negativity.

• Banned

@Gaming_Groove Torigasa-Reta doesn't actually discuss those games. He's just saying it to get a rise out of you guys, but he is a massive weeb. I'll give him that.

• @Art Oh I wasn't commenting on Torigasa-Reta, I was just saying your point is stronger without that particular sentence.

• @Minamik It's difficult I suppose without having the thread/posts to look over, and I don't want to derail the thread, but if the implication was that fictional characters can be any age and do adult things without repercussion I can see why he got banned lol. Also calling a transgender person a 'trap' is definitely offensive.

@CGamor7 I get how too much negativity can be exhausting, but you can hardly blame people for being angry at sexual predators and neo-Nazis and the like.

• @sn00zer_neo Because they are games like any other else, approved by Sony, approved by the ESRB and because I am a big fan of them and by Ai I will I talk about them if I feel like it.

@dmax3901 Yeah I'm sure Tom from Xseed's ban was justified... oh no, no it wasn't, all he did was defending his awesome company and you people disagreed with him, so he had to be removed.

@Art I don't discuss those games?
    https://forums.easyallies.com/topic/9/official-what-are-you-playing/1964

• Banned

@Torigasa-Reta Quiet you!

• @Art fite me on discord.

• @Torigasa-Reta Kind of an unfair approach and not very convincing either.

• Banned

@Torigasa-Reta I would never fight you. We're the bestest of friends. You and I.

• @dmax3901 Regardless of his views, I don't think he did anything deserving of a ban. It's this kind of thing that makes people think that gaf is just a giant echo chamber where if you go against the grain, you get banned.

And a localizer's job is to be as faithful to the original script as possible, not to mollycoddle people. Don't shoot the messenger and all that.

• @dmax3901 to clarify negativity, I mean as a whole across all of gaf, not just the fighting hatred with hatred I talked about. But there's negativity in all forums. Just that one had a very large audience of ppl so it was in your face more.

• @Minamik I mean what you call "going against the grain" I call "breaking the rules of the forum". If the echo chamber is filled with people saying "fictional underage girls doing adult things in games is weird" then I don't see a problem.

@CGamor7 Certainly, one of the things I love about EZA is their general positive attitude and willingness to give things a chance despite their flaws.

• @Minamik I really know nothing of Tom's ban, so I won't comment on that, but as to your second point:

I wouldn't say that a localizer's job is to stick as close to the script as possible, or else we would have awful literal translation everywhere. A localizer's job is not just to translate, but to localize, which means making the script and the game work for the new audience and hopefully retaining the spirit and culture of the original.

• admin

I know people are going to have different viewpoints on GAF and some of the things that happened there, but let's try not to get bogged down in rehashing old arguments.

• Hey all. Another ex-Gaf member here. It's crazy all the things that have happened in the span of a few hours. Quite frankly I felt a little lost not being able to go to the EZA community thread. I'm disappointed in all that transpired, but I look forward to getting to know the forums here! I've been wanting to get myself registered here anyways.

• NewGAF is being launched tomorrow, according to the Discord.

• I'm from Gaf too (same nick and same avatar), I've been here for a while following the ex-GT crew. I don't post much here because the Xbox related news (which interest me the most) are almost non-existent and usually barren.

• @Roberto-Larcos said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

NewGAF is being launched tomorrow, according to the Discord.
    can you send me an invite to the discord group, please?

• @LordBaztion I can't, unfortunately. It's ultra locked-down right now, due to Voat / Reddit / Twitter trolls. I can ask a server mod, but can't promise that anything will be done. I only got in as I was part of the MinecraftGAF Discord chat.

• @Roberto-Larcos Don't wory, just let me know when the new forum opens. Thanks