Anyone here from NeoGaf?

• Welcome all! Hope to see you all in Twitch chat or Discord!

• @Japanmanx3 And so suddenly! Just all happened out of nowhere. Was so weird to see the inmates take over the asylum in the few times I could access the site before it was completely shut down. People posting all kinds of stupid stuff.

• @Erevador

Same here, was always very active in the EZA thread and loved the coverage ever since the GT days. :)
    Gonna miss the specific games, fast news, and especially the off-topic live TV show reaction threads.

@Bloodworth said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

Welcome everyone. I definitely hope that GAF isn't gone for good. (I was at least lurking there before the Neo) I don't expect these forums to be a real replacement in any sense, but hopefully you can find a place here to feel at home and have some civil discussions.

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Guess it's time to get a little more active since I've been lurking and just reading for a while since these forums went up as well lol :)

• @sn00zer_neo When was Senran banned? It had it's own community thread that went on for years. Senran Kagura is a fun Musou game, even with all that fan service.

• @sn00zer_neo Simple, if there's a topic you don't agree with, you don't interact with it. It's not hurting you for existing. That's how respect works.

Big difference between a discussion and actually posting scenes from these games or intentionally being graphic/lewd/disrespectful, etc.

Also to my understanding there was a thread on GAF for Senran, so it wasn't a taboo topic even there.

• All the happenings today has been some what surreal.

I've been a member there for must be going on 6 or 7 years, but I suppose nothing lasts forever.

Anyway onwards and upwards, and all that rot.

• @ChaosBahamut Thank you! Looking forward to it.

• @aspiring said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

Speaking of, is there some form of online communities in here for specific games? Just was getting into the GT Sport online gaf community and now thats gone would love somewhere to be able to add friends, compare times etc.

I know it sounds stupid but i get the same feeling i did the day gametrailers shut. It was a part of my everyday life and has left a hole.

Well there are threads for specific games, though nothing probably like ones on neogaf. Certainly feel free to start ones for games if you don't already see one.

Glad to have you, and everyone else new, here with us all.

L&R

• @Inustar thabks yeah might have to make one. But yeah those neogaf threads were epic and really brang the whole fanbase of that game together.

• ResetERA is what the new forum will be called!!

• I had the same name there, but it’s my first time posting or looking at the EZA forums even though I’ve been a fan since the beginning. Looks like this’ll be my new place since I can’t find anything worthwhile on reddit to fill that void

• It's going to be tricky to replace GAF as a news source. GAF specialized in rumours (usually accurate) from the deep corners of the internet, and niche topics like corporate hierarchies/financial reports. Not only do the mainstream gaming news aggregates tend not to cover this stuff, they also have an emphasis on clickbait.

• @Japanmanx3 said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

ResetERA is what the new forum will be called!!

Nice.
    Doesn't flow quite as nice as Neogaf though, but oh well.

• Cool, if ResetERA will be a proper replacement. I don´t know what i´ll do at work today. Will i have to actually work........

If someone could send me an invite to the gaf discord, would be much appreciated. If it´s cool, just kinda wanna see the process and what people are thinking. Guess there are no PMs here but a chat? Anyway, can´t wait for "gaf" and the community to come back.

• admin

@Lilalaunebaer said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

Cool, if ResetERA will be a proper replacement. I don´t know what i´ll do at work today. Will i have to actually work........

If someone could send me an invite to the gaf discord, would be much appreciated. If it´s cool, just kinda wanna see the process and what people are thinking. Guess there are no PMs here but a chat? Anyway, can´t wait for "gaf" and the community to come back.

Chat's just a different name for PMs.

• Apparently reset era is going for the exact same style as gaf as in look and function.

• It will be odd to lose all our post history, but I am glad they aren't trying to make it new and different. Hope the site works out and moderation stays strong.

I will have to make the decision whether or not to keep my old username.

Wish I was part of the discord so I could join the discussion.

• Looks like I'll have to get some more info about reset era from the FFXIV FC

• @Bloodworth said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@Lilalaunebaer said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

Cool, if ResetERA will be a proper replacement. I don´t know what i´ll do at work today. Will i have to actually work........

Chat's just a different name for PMs.

Yeah, that's what i thought. Thanks.