Anyone here from NeoGaf?

• @Hasney That article did cement that the only thing I'll miss from GAF is the news and I've retrofitted my twitter feed in hopes it fills that hole.

• The article is pretty damning for Evilore, even though it was obvious at this point. I will miss Neogaf, but I certainly won't miss him.

• Patrick Klepek coming in with the top tier reporting again.

As for GAF, love is over. Burn it down.

• If he does get it back online working as before with all your post history and great OTs etc intact, except for the off topic segment. Will you return?
    Honestly, some part of me wants to go back, no doubt, but I think this might be a great opportunity to just pull the plug and start over, it wouldn't feel right for me to help this guy keep making millions with that kind of attitude.

• @jaggafredde said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

If he does get it back online working as before with all your post history and great OTs etc intact, except for the off topic segment. Will you return?
    Honestly, some part of me wants to go back, no doubt, but I think this might be a great opportunity to just pull the plug and start over, it wouldn't feel right for me to help this guy keep making millions with that kind of attitude.

Nope. I might go in and snag some stuff I posted because in didn't Imgur album them like a fool, but I'm not posting there.

Plus, without OT that means no wrasslin' and that's not right.

• I'll probably go back to GAF. Not because I agree with his actions or anything like that. Its a forum I have spent many many years on, and I think there are still a ton of great people on there with tons of info. Now, we'll see how resetera shakes out. Lots of high profile people going to that new forum.
    Regardless, I don't even have a non-free email account. Not sure I'll get in.

• Banned

So with half of gaf going to new gaf and half of gaf going to old gaf which gaf will be the superior gaf?

• @sn00zer_neo Do you not like seeing views you disagree with?

• Yeah that article is horrifying, there's no way I'm using NeoGAF now without feeling gross about it.

Thing about ResetERA is... I don't know if my uni email would cut it anymore. Has anyone used their work email with any success? lol

• @DeweyDTruman Probably has something to do with the #metoo campaign.

• I'm curious about which forum people in the industry will go to, if any. Personally, I don't think I feel comfortable going back to gaf with Evilore still at the helm.

• Banned

@ToonLink I genuinely believe forums as a whole are dying due to social media being a faster more efficient way to communicate with others. Which is sad because I love forums, but I'm getting old. I ain't in with the young crowd anymore.

• @Art To be quite honest, the post history alone makes old GAF better, all the OT threads in particular. That's what I'll miss the most by starting over somewhere else.
    But you never know, old members might go there and delete those posts just to make a stand against Evilore. (which would be awesome!)
    In the end, since Evilore will keep making a ton of cash just by having the site up it's easy to ignore it and go somewhere else instead, even though that means starting from scratch. I spent too much time there anyway instead of playing games so I think it might actually be good for my gaming interest to keep away. ;P

• The #1 problem I had with NeoGAF was the tendency to inject politics into EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING. Video games are for playing, not politicizing. Before GAF, the only gaming-related politics I had contact with were the age old debates about violence and scantily clad women, and maybe occasionally jingoism. I'm not surprised at all that so many people have a grudge against the site. I would love it if any potential successor would stick to real video game talk like Easy Allies tends to. Heck, the few times that they've brought up politics, more than likely it was GAF that lit the fuse.

• @Art Very true, there are all kinds of other social channels people are using nowadays, Facebook groups, Reddit, Twitter, Discord etc. But I'm a forum person too just like you, it's going too fast in the other channels in my opinion, and people just blurt out short messages instead of well-thought things they want to say, I don't get how to keep a discussion going that way. But yeah I'm old too (41) :P

• @Hasney said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@jaggafredde said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

If he does get it back online working as before with all your post history and great OTs etc intact, except for the off topic segment. Will you return?

Nope. I might go in and snag some stuff I posted because in didn't Imgur album them like a fool, but I'm not posting there.

Plus, without OT that means no wrasslin' and that's not right.
    See that was what I liked about having a Off Topic with such a large community; No matter your interest whether it is motorsport, collecting watches or a specific genre of music there was probably a thread about it.

It's bit of a quandry the subject of OG Gaf vs Reset; Do you go with all that history (gaming and personal) but owned by a sleezebag, or have a clean break and leave all those threads behind that you've been following for years.

• @Oscillator "Politics" here meaning "stuff you don't want to discuss or that you don't think matters cause it doesn't effect you". It's very dishonest and unfair to suggest that the only reason EZA discuss difficult topics is because of Neogaf, lol.

• This post is deleted!

• @Carlos Jesus Christ.

• @Hasney said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

Waypoint have a piece up: https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/qv384d/inside-the-sexual-misconduct-allegations-rocking-neogafs-last-48-hoursd

Basically EvilLore denies everything, will be putting GAF back online possibly without Off Topic, former mod says that they walked out because even though he was active, EvilLore refused to put the statement up after promising it.

I don't know why he thought claiming that the other party had serious mental health issues was going to fly, especially with the GAF crowd. It's not too long that GAF got angry at someone else doing something similar, IIRC. Other than that, his statements were pretty much what I expected: total denial.

I would miss Off Topic mainly for a couple of the community threads. JoJo anime and Berserk threads come to mind at least, although both JoJo anime and Berserk manga are on hiatus, and are like that quite frequently, so it's not like losing OT would be a huge loss for me. I also like to take a look in the Dragon Ball Super community thread , but it's usually pretty bad.

@jaggafredde said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

Really depends on what happens with the community and the sub-communities, as well as how ResetEra will end up being. I can see myself using both. I use an adblocker on GAF anyway.

@dmax3901 said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

Yeah that article is horrifying, there's no way I'm using NeoGAF now without feeling gross about it.

Thing about ResetERA is... I don't know if my uni email would cut it anymore. Has anyone used their work email with any success? lol

I'm fairly certain a lot of people have been using work emails with GAF, although I myself have been using a university email. I think the main reason they have the rule is to keep trolls away, and making it harder for banned people to come back.

ResetEra will likely stick to that.

@Oscillator said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

The #1 problem I had with NeoGAF was the tendency to inject politics into EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING. Video games are for playing, not politicizing. Before GAF, the only gaming-related politics I had contact were the age old debates about violence and scantily clad women, and maybe occasionally jingoism. I'm not surprised at all that so many people have a grudge against the site. I would love it if any potential successor would stick to real video game talk like Easy Allies tends to. Heck, the few times that they've brought up politics, more than likely it was GAF that lit the fuse.

Fat chance of that happening, IMO. I feel like it's the people who care the most about that kind of stuff that are also the most likely to leave GAF because of what happened.