Anyone here from NeoGaf?

• @Oscillator "Politics" here meaning "stuff you don't want to discuss or that you don't think matters cause it doesn't effect you". It's very dishonest and unfair to suggest that the only reason EZA discuss difficult topics is because of Neogaf, lol.

• This post is deleted!

• @Carlos Jesus Christ.

• @Hasney said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

Waypoint have a piece up: https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/qv384d/inside-the-sexual-misconduct-allegations-rocking-neogafs-last-48-hoursd

Basically EvilLore denies everything, will be putting GAF back online possibly without Off Topic, former mod says that they walked out because even though he was active, EvilLore refused to put the statement up after promising it.

I don't know why he thought claiming that the other party had serious mental health issues was going to fly, especially with the GAF crowd. It's not too long that GAF got angry at someone else doing something similar, IIRC. Other than that, his statements were pretty much what I expected: total denial.

I would miss Off Topic mainly for a couple of the community threads. JoJo anime and Berserk threads come to mind at least, although both JoJo anime and Berserk manga are on hiatus, and are like that quite frequently, so it's not like losing OT would be a huge loss for me. I also like to take a look in the Dragon Ball Super community thread , but it's usually pretty bad.

@jaggafredde said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

If he does get it back online working as before with all your post history and great OTs etc intact, except for the off topic segment. Will you return?

Really depends on what happens with the community and the sub-communities, as well as how ResetEra will end up being. I can see myself using both. I use an adblocker on GAF anyway.

@dmax3901 said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

Yeah that article is horrifying, there's no way I'm using NeoGAF now without feeling gross about it.

Thing about ResetERA is... I don't know if my uni email would cut it anymore. Has anyone used their work email with any success? lol

I'm fairly certain a lot of people have been using work emails with GAF, although I myself have been using a university email. I think the main reason they have the rule is to keep trolls away, and making it harder for banned people to come back.

ResetEra will likely stick to that.

@Oscillator said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

The #1 problem I had with NeoGAF was the tendency to inject politics into EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING. Video games are for playing, not politicizing. Before GAF, the only gaming-related politics I had contact were the age old debates about violence and scantily clad women, and maybe occasionally jingoism. I'm not surprised at all that so many people have a grudge against the site. I would love it if any potential successor would stick to real video game talk like Easy Allies tends to. Heck, the few times that they've brought up politics, more than likely it was GAF that lit the fuse.

Fat chance of that happening, IMO. I feel like it's the people who care the most about that kind of stuff that are also the most likely to leave GAF because of what happened.

• Global Moderator

@Carlos I won't ban you for that post. I will however give you STRONG warning for the language and inappropriate use of words. There are always two sides to a story but behave please. this is NOT how to put your point across

• @Carlos But what if they're telling the truth? Personally I could never blame the victim unless I knew 100% they lied. It's difficult enough for someone in that position to talk about it at all.
    The only thing that doesn't sound right imo is that they started a sexual relationship after that shower incident. That makes little sense tbh if she was truly disgusted by his behaviour.

• @Oscillator I think bigger than that – as an issue – was the politics coupled with trigger happy mods. Being banned for defending a political stance is pretty egregious to me, and the main reason I never joined the forum.

• @Lotias said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@Carlos I won't ban you for that post. I will however give you STRONG warning for the language and inappropriate use of words. There are always two sides to a story but behave please. this is NOT how to put your point across

What word? I was pretty uh... nice?

Seriously, which word?

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderator

@Carlos to call out that women are "attention seeking" and "doing it for the money" are super generalising and dont have to say mean towards ALL the women we have around here. so just stop.

• @jaggafredde said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@Carlos But what if they're telling the truth? Personally I could never blame the victim unless I knew 100% they lied. It's difficult enough for someone in that position to talk about it at all.
    The only thing that doesn't sound right imo is that they started a sexual relationship after that shower incident. That makes little sense tbh if she was truly discusted by his behaviour.

Trouble with that, is that - the justice system is broken. You can make a claim and the only time they're compelled to tell the truth is when the court PUTS the lady on the stand, and tell the freakin' truth. Only then, we believe them, but when you make a claim, and you say someone sexually assaulted you, your life is ruined. But when the lie is out there, it's already too late for the man.

Harvey won't be able to restore his life after this, because these cases are already there. The film director? He won't be able to make a new film anymore because everyone knows what he's being accused of.

I AM all for a lady telling the truth, but the harsh reality right now is that it's a 50/50 crapshoot with ladies. Some are telling the truth, some are lying (again, for whatever they want). We need to be understanding of both sides, which is exactly why I brought it up. I don't even know if Evil0re did anything to this woman - NOBODY does. But everyone is overreacting too quickly and it's spiraling out of control. So, a lady can come out to the public and accuse a man of sexual assault and lie. But then the damage has been done. What if that twitter account is fake and is trollish? You gonna react like it's fact? C'mon. You're smarter than that.

I like NeoGAF for the news. But then, there are trolls in there. Soo... I dunno dude. It's best to wait for new information than to react too quickly.

• @Oscillator I just don't understand what people who say "they should just stick to games and not talk about political things" actually mean. Why shouldn't they?

I also don't agree that only issues that a large number of people speak out about should be addressed. Minorities are minorities after all, just because there's not many of them doesn't make their voice any less important.

Could you give an example of one of these 'small hot button issues'?

@Carlos you are horribly prejudiced and I can't actually believe you're defending Weinstein of all people.

• @dmax3901 said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@Oscillator I just don't understand what people who say "they should just stick to games and not talk about political things" actually mean. Why shouldn't they?

I also don't agree that only issues that a large number of people speak out about should be addressed. Minorities are minorities after all, just because there's not many of them doesn't make their voice any less important.

Could give an example of one of these 'small hot button issues'?

@Carlos you are horribly prejudiced and I can't actually believe you're defending Weinstein of all people.

On the contrary.

• If GAF comes back I'll go back to it as long as the people, news and topics are there. I guess it will be good for it to exist for a bit without the OT. Although I probably lurked there more than gaming these days.

• @dmax3901 Did he actually defend Weinstein? I didn't conclude that from what he had written. I concluded that he's explained that a lot of "Cry Wolf" syndrome has affected society as of late, and it is damaging to both the victim of the cry and any true victims of heinous acts.

• @ThyBlight "Harvey won't be able to restore his life after this, because these cases are already there. The film director? He won't be able to make a new film anymore because everyone knows what he's being accused of."

This reads to me as "won't you please think of the poor serial rapists, this effects them too."

• @Lotias said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@Carlos to call out that women are "attention seeking" and "doing it for the money" are super generalising and dont have to say mean towards ALL the women we have around here. so just stop.

I'm not calling "all" women out. I'm just trying to bring up a harsh reality.

@ThyBlight said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@dmax3901 Did he actually defend Weinstein? I didn't conclude that from what he had written. I concluded that he's explained that a lot of "Cry Wolf" syndrome has affected society as of late, and it is damaging to both the victim of the cry and any true victims of heinous acts.

There you go. Thank you.

• @dmax3901 That's a lot of inferring you're doing there. Everything stated in those sentences is true, is it not?

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderator

Keep this on topic please, I don't want to lock the thread.

If you want to argue about politics and the like please take it to private. Thanks.