Anyone here from NeoGaf?

• Global Moderator

@Carlos I won't ban you for that post. I will however give you STRONG warning for the language and inappropriate use of words. There are always two sides to a story but behave please. this is NOT how to put your point across

• @Carlos But what if they're telling the truth? Personally I could never blame the victim unless I knew 100% they lied. It's difficult enough for someone in that position to talk about it at all.
    The only thing that doesn't sound right imo is that they started a sexual relationship after that shower incident. That makes little sense tbh if she was truly disgusted by his behaviour.

• @Oscillator I think bigger than that – as an issue – was the politics coupled with trigger happy mods. Being banned for defending a political stance is pretty egregious to me, and the main reason I never joined the forum.

• @Lotias said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@Carlos I won't ban you for that post. I will however give you STRONG warning for the language and inappropriate use of words. There are always two sides to a story but behave please. this is NOT how to put your point across

What word? I was pretty uh... nice?

Seriously, which word?

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderator

@Carlos to call out that women are "attention seeking" and "doing it for the money" are super generalising and dont have to say mean towards ALL the women we have around here. so just stop.

• @jaggafredde said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@Carlos But what if they're telling the truth? Personally I could never blame the victim unless I knew 100% they lied. It's difficult enough for someone in that position to talk about it at all.
    The only thing that doesn't sound right imo is that they started a sexual relationship after that shower incident. That makes little sense tbh if she was truly discusted by his behaviour.

Trouble with that, is that - the justice system is broken. You can make a claim and the only time they're compelled to tell the truth is when the court PUTS the lady on the stand, and tell the freakin' truth. Only then, we believe them, but when you make a claim, and you say someone sexually assaulted you, your life is ruined. But when the lie is out there, it's already too late for the man.

Harvey won't be able to restore his life after this, because these cases are already there. The film director? He won't be able to make a new film anymore because everyone knows what he's being accused of.

I AM all for a lady telling the truth, but the harsh reality right now is that it's a 50/50 crapshoot with ladies. Some are telling the truth, some are lying (again, for whatever they want). We need to be understanding of both sides, which is exactly why I brought it up. I don't even know if Evil0re did anything to this woman - NOBODY does. But everyone is overreacting too quickly and it's spiraling out of control. So, a lady can come out to the public and accuse a man of sexual assault and lie. But then the damage has been done. What if that twitter account is fake and is trollish? You gonna react like it's fact? C'mon. You're smarter than that.

I like NeoGAF for the news. But then, there are trolls in there. Soo... I dunno dude. It's best to wait for new information than to react too quickly.

• @Oscillator I just don't understand what people who say "they should just stick to games and not talk about political things" actually mean. Why shouldn't they?

I also don't agree that only issues that a large number of people speak out about should be addressed. Minorities are minorities after all, just because there's not many of them doesn't make their voice any less important.

Could you give an example of one of these 'small hot button issues'?

@Carlos you are horribly prejudiced and I can't actually believe you're defending Weinstein of all people.

• @dmax3901 said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@Oscillator I just don't understand what people who say "they should just stick to games and not talk about political things" actually mean. Why shouldn't they?

I also don't agree that only issues that a large number of people speak out about should be addressed. Minorities are minorities after all, just because there's not many of them doesn't make their voice any less important.

Could give an example of one of these 'small hot button issues'?

@Carlos you are horribly prejudiced and I can't actually believe you're defending Weinstein of all people.

On the contrary.

• If GAF comes back I'll go back to it as long as the people, news and topics are there. I guess it will be good for it to exist for a bit without the OT. Although I probably lurked there more than gaming these days.

• @dmax3901 Did he actually defend Weinstein? I didn't conclude that from what he had written. I concluded that he's explained that a lot of "Cry Wolf" syndrome has affected society as of late, and it is damaging to both the victim of the cry and any true victims of heinous acts.

• @ThyBlight "Harvey won't be able to restore his life after this, because these cases are already there. The film director? He won't be able to make a new film anymore because everyone knows what he's being accused of."

This reads to me as "won't you please think of the poor serial rapists, this effects them too."

• @Lotias said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@Carlos to call out that women are "attention seeking" and "doing it for the money" are super generalising and dont have to say mean towards ALL the women we have around here. so just stop.

I'm not calling "all" women out. I'm just trying to bring up a harsh reality.

@ThyBlight said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@dmax3901 Did he actually defend Weinstein? I didn't conclude that from what he had written. I concluded that he's explained that a lot of "Cry Wolf" syndrome has affected society as of late, and it is damaging to both the victim of the cry and any true victims of heinous acts.

There you go. Thank you.

• @dmax3901 That's a lot of inferring you're doing there. Everything stated in those sentences is true, is it not?

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderator

Keep this on topic please, I don't want to lock the thread.

If you want to argue about politics and the like please take it to private. Thanks.

• @MCRMJ Sounds good. Anyone wanting to continue this line of dialogue can PM me.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!