Anyone here from NeoGaf?

• @Primethius said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@DemonSwordsman I had something like 15-20k posts and asked for an account nuke. Not worth being associated with the forum anymore.

Good to see you.

• Global Moderator

I've read a couple of the posts some of you made that were long time members. I myself was way too intimated to even browse through NeoGaf. I just heard a lot about it from various gaming news outlets. Mostly from Gametrailers towards the end when they closed. You hate to see something like that happen to such a huge aND influential community. All I have to say is if you plan to stick another here on the EZA forums or just wanted to stop by and try and reach other NeoGaf members. It's fine by me, wither you stay or not.

Love and Respect

• GAF truly is dead. Seems like the people left are not the ones that made it great. Seeing BruceLeeRoys post about quitting was the final nail in the coffin.

• @DangerMouse Hi DangerMouse, good to see you too bud. Almost didn't recognise you without your awesome Kat avatar. ;)

• @DangerMouse Hey! Good to see ya. Same to the other gaffers as well.

• I made an account here ages ago but haven't used it that much. Just glad the forum has a dark theme.

• Would it be possible to get an invite to the EZA GAF Discord? I never had a GAF account but I was always lurking in the EZA OT. I totally understand if it's "GAF members" only. Just thought I would ask :)

• @Acquiescence Yeah, it certainly felt like mods had very different definitions of what was worthy of a ban. I don't plan on posting there anymore unfortunately, I think the atmosphere has been swept away entirely. I've been looking at the outcome today on the site, and it doesn't feel like GAF anymore, y'know? I may well post a bit on ResetEra once that is up and running, but in the meantime, here seems comfortable enough! :)

• @Swordfish00830 L&R, my friend :)

• @Tregard said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@Acquiescence Yeah, it certainly felt like mods had very different definitions of what was worthy of a ban. I don't plan on posting there anymore unfortunately, I think the atmosphere has been swept away entirely. I've been looking at the outcome today on the site, and it doesn't feel like GAF anymore, y'know? I may well post a bit on ResetEra once that is up and running, but in the meantime, here seems comfortable enough! :)

I'm ready to write it off as well. But that being said, what made GAF GAF were the news, leaks and industry insiders. Say that they come back when the water's less hot, when the usual bout of collective amnesia happens and people might come back by force of habit. I really hope something as informative starts and takes hold in a cleaner, saner place though.

• Also coming in from NeoGaf. Decided to give the official EZA forums a shot since I don't feel comfortable going back and supporting Gaf anymore even though it's back online. So hola everyone!

• Nice to see all the new (familiar?) faces. Welcome, everyone. o/

• i was there some times ago. it was the most populated community since i don't use reddit. i guess now it's on discord and hope the forum will pick up some people

• @Acquiescence said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@DangerMouse Hi DangerMouse, good to see you too bud. Almost didn't recognise you without your awesome Kat avatar. ;)

Thanks, yes I love that image as an avatar. :)
    I finally just found my folder where I saved it in a number of different sizes late last night but was busy all day so hadn't gotten to see which size works best in this new forum style, I think one of them will center well so I'll be switching soon lol. ^_^

• @Acquiescence I was never a member, just a lurker, and even I feel like I've seen that avatar before, lol.

• Looks like Off-Topic Community has been reinstated?

• @dmax3901 hmm, an attempt to lure back some members?

Honestly I'm glad to be out, I'm already happier now that I've been out for just a few days :)

Still undecided what do to with resetera. Maybe a smaller less frantic board is better for me. I think it'll be good for the industry though if devs are aboard too. But I've had discussions with some of the supposed mods and it's not like they're unbiased, stuff like that might hurt the discussions I think unless they manage to take a very hands off approach. We'll see what happens. Those I don't know might be biased at another direction though so maybe it sorts itself out, the mod discussions behind the scenes might be wilder than those on the board. ;D

Biggest loss so far for me has easily been a frequently updated channel for news. Haven't found a replacement for that yet.

• @jaggafredde Yeah didn't realize how much I depended on GAF for news. Felt like I have no clue what's going on in gaming these days.

Hopefully if resetera is the thing it gets the juicy news and leaks that we used to get on gaf

• @DemonSwordsman said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@jaggafredde Yeah didn't realize how much I depended on GAF for news. Felt like I have no clue what's going on in gaming these days.

Hopefully if resetera is the thing it gets the juicy news and leaks that we used to get on gaf

Yeah, it really feels weird suddenly feeling like I'm catching so much less of the news and announcements. Especially since I don't really use twitter as well.

• @DangerMouse Yeah it's not easy to get the juicy bits and smaller news. You should start a Twitter account though, I'm not socializing I just follow the official channels for the big three and some devs I like etc, just so I'm not completely out of the loop for the big news at least. It's cool to know that the big guys might read the response you write to their posts too, that used to be the case on GAF too but I think most devs left that place years ago because of how toxic it was.