Anyone here from NeoGaf?

• Yep. Didn't post much, mostly lurked. Also shocked.

• Still confused what happened to GAF. Been on there since 05 or 06. Got banned a long time ago but still lurked there all the time.

Really hope it doesn't go away. I might actually have to work during the day now.

• I only lurked GAF for some news every once in a while, but it seems that it's going to be a end of times for GAF, unless something radical happens. But yeah, these forums aren't most active, but I kinda like it. Leaves more time for gaming :D

• @Torigasa-Reta said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

@Mikey-Jr. Well you could try to open a thread like that and see how it goes with the mods, don't worry, they won't ban you for that.

Unless you're an adbot, in which case you'll get 'unpersoned' faster than you can say "Room 101".

In all seriousness though, welcome.

@DemonSwordsman said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

Still confused what happened to GAF. Been on there since 05 or 06. Got banned a long time ago but still lurked there all the time.

Really hope it doesn't go away. I might actually have to work during the day now.

Long story short, it appears (and I emphasize "appears", nothing has been confirmed or denied yet) the owner of GAF, who claimed to have turned GAF into a "safer place for women" (his words) had an 'incident' involving a woman and now that it's leaked users and mods are leaving in rightful protest.

• From Gaf and was Lilalaunebaer there too.

Will probably make my forum home here now. Kinda sucks since i got all my gaming news from there, but if what happened with Tyler is true, i definitely see why the mods there left. Weaksauce of him to take his ball and go home though.

Anyway, L&R EZA community.

• No, nobody

• @ChaosBahamut oh wow. Really wish one of the other mods like duckroll or bish would just take over the site and keep it going.

Went to the ign forums and wow had to get outta there quick.

• I spent a lot of time on gaf but didn't post much. Gaf was the best place to find news and fresh gaming discussions, stories got posted to gaf before they showed up on ign half the time. I bought my tv (tcl p605) because of a thread of gaf and I often times used the easy allies thread to find out about announcements that were made on streams because the allies often times don't post about them. I will miss neogaf a lot. It sucks that the owner was a perv. Hopefully someone else can take over.

• Just joined here as well. Only been active on GAF since February...

• got a feeling I'll browse this forum a lot more often now

• I used to lurk there too, mostly for the fighting game community. If gaf dies, there is no other forum out there to replace it unfortunately, Reddit, 4chan, ign, etc... are all cesspools that leave little room for actuall discursion.
    Hopefully this place will grow over time to become a decent hub for my gaming needs.

• I'm secretly glad it's imploding / has already imploded. I love the gaming section of GAF outside of any "debate" threads. It's legitimately the best way to get gaming news, insider knowledge, and some real proper analysis of industry trends. But that all comes at the price of the GAF groupthink, which is something real bad. Everyone there accepts all tweets by someone they've never heard of til 5 minutes ago as fact, and immediately acts against the accused without any evidence. Everyone there is boycotting the next big game because it features an admittidly shitty character design, or one of the 100+ designers did something questionable in the past. Worse of all, you say anything, no matter how sensible it is, that goes against this groupthink, and you're immediately banned after waiting months to get your account approved.

It sucks that I'm not aware of any source of gaming news as fast or as efficient as GAF, but I'm not sure I'll miss'em.

• Hello folks! Tregard here, Tregard there, Tregard mostly everywhere! I take it this will be the "NeoGAF" embassy as various people make the move over then?

I was asleep the entire time between regular forum-ness and total devastation, so the whole thing has been a bit of a whirlwind! Most of my time was spent in the EZA OT anyway though, so it's nice to make the transition proper :)

• Shellshocked and confused, but here I am. Love the Allies and their tone of upbeat enthusiasm and thoughtful criticism. Happy to be a patron, and to discover these forums. Some of you may know me from GAF (I imagine a few folks from the Shenmue threads must be on here? Like Huber, we on Shenmue GAF put GREAT effort into making Shenmue 3 happen big).

Anyways, if this is the end of GAF I'll miss the up to the minute news and the great OTs. There are other things about the site I won't miss... but it was definitely something unique in the gaming industry.

What a weird day!

• Slash3584 reporting!

Was a GAF member maybe for 3 or 4 years and even before that I spend a lot of time lurking.

Sad that it's gone buty lately I was just there mostly for gaming leaks/rumors and of course the great little community at the EZA OT.

Hopefully most of the people there come here too!

• Was a former member but still lurked. Been trying to follow the chaos that has ensued but keep getting error messages on the site.

• I lurked on NeoGAF but never really posted. It was a useful site for news and to see what a good portion of the core gamer community was responding to. But yeah if you dig into any thread over there it quickly becomes a shit show.

• admin

Welcome everyone. I definitely hope that GAF isn't gone for good. (I was at least lurking there before the Neo) I don't expect these forums to be a real replacement in any sense, but hopefully you can find a place here to feel at home and have some civil discussions.

• @Lilalaunebaer said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

From Gaf and was Lilalaunebaer there too.

Will probably make my forum home here now. Kinda sucks since i got all my gaming news from there, but if what happened with Tyler is true, i definitely see why the mods there left. Weaksauce of him to take his ball and go home though.

Anyway, L&R EZA community.

Honestly don't know if it was purposefully pulled down before they were hammered. Servers were being hit hard before they buckled and was loading like it was E3 conference night, so may have pulled it down to stop that from happening before this alleged "statement" comes out.

• Hey everybody.

I've been lurking in the EZA OT on GAF since EZA launched. Always went there because the community felt much more alive. The discussion kept flowing much better compared to other EZA communities. It would be seriously great if someone from the OT 3 began a similar thread here. Just a general thread about all things EZA related. I think it's something that's really needed around here. Then I would also start posting and stop lurking :)

In regards to all the political stuff. Can't we just get along. It's okay to have different opinions. I think this could be a possibility to inject some new live into the forums here on this site.