Anyone here from NeoGaf?

• Banned

Which death is sadder, Neogaf or Visceral Games? icryevrytiem

And Jak, refugees? Here? BUILD THE WALL!

• @Mikey-Jr. Welcome!

This applies to everyone, but there's no set standards or formats to follow on what you want to make for a thread. The only problem here is that things can move really really slow lol.

A majority of threads never stay relevant here but maybe with the new ppl conversations will pick up a bit. I look forward to that because while I love that it's easy to be part of a conversation here as opposed to NeoGaf which moves at lightening speed, some topics don't get the attention they deserve. With that being said these forums are very fluid and self evolving which in my opinion seems to be self regulated quite well with the philosophy of Love and Respect. 90 percent of the time anyways lol.

Anyways welcome again to everyone. I enjoyed reading NeoGaf for many reasons, but it was such a poisonous dictatorship of an administration that you couldn't help but laugh at how absurd they were at times. Hope you can all fund enjoyment and healing in these forums.

• @Roberto-Larcos I did end by saying there were people at Gaf capable of a casual discussion. Just because we have a disagreement or see things differently, doesn't make me "hostile". If you still feel that way, it's cool.

To elaborate, banning people for speaking out, nuking threads. This "is this the hill you want to die on". The ridicule before all facts are out references. This may seem normal to you and others who frequent Gaf. But this section (and I do mean a portion) of Gaf, is indeed cult like. I will also say, that from what I've seen. The overwhelming majority of Gaf, were not fans of Evilore's reported actions. So that was good to see.

• @Matt-Humphrey said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

I was Maligna on there...

Where do I get up to the second gaming news now?
    :(

Honestly?
    N4G.com

Nothing really opinion based. Not sure if you can even make your own opinion tile. Regardless, you can sort by console if you want. And the stuff that is "hot" bubbles to the top.

• Yeah - I don't know what's going on and I had my issues with the site but overall I enjoyed it for a few reasons.

1. Gaming news
      It was pretty much the best place to find up to date news.

2. Having so many members (that were somewhat vetted) means that someone would know the answer to a question and would reply quickly.

3. GIFS

Will miss it if it's gone. Anyway - maybe this is an opportunity to actually be productive (or maybe it's an opportunity to find another community)

• @Art said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

Which death is sadder, Neogaf or Visceral Games? icryevrytiem

Well, Visceral Games provided me with joy.

• I remember one of the last threads I made on GAF was about Xbox Live membership, and the conversation very quickly spun away from the original topic, due to the title being misleading. The mods refused to change the title because they didn't think the thread was worth the effort. Just as an insight to the environment.

• I am Fou-Lu over at Neogaf. I am honestly in shock over the potential loss of that site. It has been my main source of gaming news and discussion for 10 years. No matter its flaws the size of the community, quality of OTs, and level of discussion was/is second to none in video games. The loss of the Essential RPG, EZA OT, what JRPG are you playing, and various game OT threads are a huge blow for me. Plus the amount of love for lesser known gems was a beautiful thing. Say what you will about its 'far-left' leanings and heavy handed moderation, but it kept out the GamerGate crazies quite efficiently. I can't see anywhere replacing it effectively.

• @Carmichael said in Anyone here from NeoGaf?:

I am Fou-Lu over at Neogaf. I am honestly in shock over the potential loss of that site. It has been my main source of gaming news and discussion for 10 years. No matter its flaws the size of the community, quality of OTs, and level of discussion was/is second to none in video games. The loss of the Essential RPG, EZA OT, what JRPG are you playing, and various game OT threads are a huge blow for me. Plus the amount of love for lesser known gems was a beautiful thing. Say what you will about its 'far-left' leanings and heavy handed moderation, but it kept out the GamerGate crazies quite efficiently. I can't see anywhere replacing it effectively.

Yeah, lots of info is gone. I would always punch in "(name of game) NeoGaf" and I could read past threads about the game, or I could even bump it when it was a year old, and someone would ALWAYS come in and answer my question.

Reddit is cool, but it's not the same. Thats not really a forum.

• I did read that OpenCritic said they'd create a site to take in people from Gaf, but not sure how that will turn out.

• @Minamik OpenCritic were big fans of GAF, but they'd alienate a ton of their fanbase if they tried to make anything similar to GAF.

• Banned

Your new home is at http://geonaf.com/index.php

Enjoy it before mods with a power complex ruin it.

• @Roberto-Larcos I read that it'd be a separate site, but yeah, I'm not too sure on any of the deets or if it's all just rumors.

• @Art At the end of the day, home is wherever you hang your hat. :)

• Hope NeoGaf does come back. if you don't want to participate anymore based on morals, then I am 100% behind you. No problem there.

But I don't think 1 bad apple should spoil the entire bunch. There lots of good and helpful people on there.

• @Matt-Humphrey Most news items hit /r/gaming on Reddit pretty quick. Maybe just stay out of the comments

• For the Japanese side of news, I used to look at Siliconera a lot. Don't know if that'd help anyone's news fix.

• @Art Looking at some of the threads there, I'm going to have to say no. Thanks for linking it though. Might be someplace others will like.

• I also remember some site that was made by former gafers called Slaent or something like that, but I don't know what it's like.

• I used to look some gaming news there. I've tried to register, but had the same problems as many others and got rejected. I will miss the many excellent OP's in the games section, but the OT there was really toxic.