Paris Games Week Sony Press Conference 2017 HYPE FEST STARTS

• @Sentinel-Beach suckers punches games was the highlight for me. Spider man looks so good and I don't even like super hero's that much. Over all for it not being PSX or E3 it was pretty good. I don't think anyone could really complain. And if you do, your hype must have been beyond healthy levels lol.

Warning u if u havnt watched yet.

Is that Ellie, her mom flashback, or new characters? The face looks like Ellies VA.

• Global Moderator

I must say sucker punchs new IP or Monsterhunter world was the bits that made me jump the most!

• The year is 1274. Samurai warriors are the legendary defenders of Japan--until the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the island of Tsushima, wreaking havoc and conquering the local population. As one of the last surviving samurai, you rise from the ashes to fight back. But, honorable tactics won't lead you to victory. You must move beyond your samurai traditions to forge a new way of fighting--the way of the Ghost--as you wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Japan.

Confirmed "open world" but maybe takes place on a single island. Guerrilla warfare against Mongol invaders. Sounds like stealth and swordplay mechanics are gonna be big. I hope there is something playable at PSX!

• @TokyoSlim Tenchu reborn!?

• @CGamor7 kinda sounds like a precursor to Ninja to me. This falls just after the below bolded time period. Ninja origin story.

The shinobi proper, a specially trained group of spies and mercenaries, appeared in the 15th century during the Sengoku period,[3] but antecedents may have existed in the 14th century,[4] and possibly in the 12th century (Heian or early Kamakura era).[5][6]

• All of what’s shown in our debut trailer was captured in our game engine, that’s the interactive world we’re painstakingly crafting together, that’s the world we’re going to set on fire.

Lol super dramatic!

• @Alexandra_Nilsson_T Yeah, looks like a ton of work. I'm still kinnnnda hoping there's an announcement right near release that at least one or two of the 8 "artbook final" Colossi are back in the game, but that's probably asking too much.

• I had no hope for this conference, and that paid off! I really dug it. Saw lots of cool stuff, and that was all I really needed.

• Personally, I thought this might have been the 2nd best conference since E3 of dreams, but I'm combining the intro and the conference into one thing.

• Don't get me wrong, I'm pumped for a lot of these games, but Spelunky 2 takes the cake.