What Games Do You Think Should Be Remade?

• @Danjin44
    With Nier Automata being a smashing success for Taro and Platinum, I'm willing to bet we will see a remake from them sooner or later.

• @Danjin44 Drakengard 3 is the best game that I've played that I would recommend to almost no one because it is so bad that I stopped after the first ending and couldn't muster the strength to keep going.

The gameplay sucks, the design is boring, awful performance, but by god was it a wild ride.

• Final Fantasy VII is coming so I'm good. Will it take another few years of development? Most likely! As long as I get to play it before I die, I care not. Now, remasters on the other hand, I can only think of one franchise:

Spyro the Dragon (ONLY the first three developed originally by Insomniac)

The series just fell off a cliff after they stopped working on it.

• The original Deus Ex could use a facelift.

The first 3 Splinter Cell games remastered in a trilogy pack would also make me very happy!

Final Fantasy VI in the same visual style as Octopath Traveler would be insanely sexy.

• @Axel I'm guessing you're not counting the last-gen Splinter Cell 'remaster' pack. Wouldn't mind, at least, a PC remaster of the first 2 that does away with the shadow related issues they have on modern GPUs.

Also, maybe a remake of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault? (so long as regen health isn't added of course)

• @ChaosBahamut Ah I didn't know about that one! But yeah I'd like to see those games elevated to current-gen visuals ideally.

• @bard91 Honestly the actual melee combat in Drakengard 3 was better than original NieR but performance was so bad it almost made the game unplayable but I liked story and characters enough to get all the endings and beat true final boss fight.

SE barely give Yoko Taro any budget for Drakengard 3 and it was super rushed. We saw with NieR Automata what happens when SE gives decent budget to Yoko Taro.

• @Light said in What Games Do You Think Should Be Remade?:

@DIPSET I'll second Socom. Any Socom. Well not Socom 4. But any other Socom. Please Sony.

I thought we were a minority. Bless you <3

• My personal pick would be a remake duology of Croc and Croc 2, but that's super unlikely unless Jez San decides he wants to license the IP to someone for it, since I think he currently holds the IP. Croc 2 was honestly one of my favorite games as a kid and I still think it's miles ahead of the Crash trilogy.

• I'd love to see an Eternal Darkness remake. I loved the concept of screwing with the player in order to generate feelings of paranoia. With all the advancements in technology since then, particularly with consoles, I'd love to see what new things they could do.

And, for the sake of Huber, I'll throw Onimusha in this list as well.

• @michemagius
    I too really wanna see a Persona 2 remake. Not just IS, though. I want them to wrap both Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment into one wholesome package, modernize the visuals, battle system and dungeons, and ship it.

Another video game I want to see reimagined is Zelda II: Adventure of Link. Give it the Metroid: Samus Returns treatment. Changing the name to The Legend of Zelda: Link's Adventure would not be necessary, and I'd prefer if they kept to drawn visuals instead of 3D models, but the chances of that are increasingly unlikely the longer it takes for this game to be remade (if it ever will).

The first Zelda game would be deserving of a similar remake, but I really do think that Zelda II needs it more. Zelda 2's systems have so much more potential, but the game is just so punishing and hard to learn, that it turns off most newcomers who try it nowadays. It has really good combat, I like how magic is implemented, and I think that the level up system is great too. Maybe it'd be better if they changed the level up system so that you would gain exp. from side quests instead of combat, like in Okami, I'm not sure. But having the option to pick from boosting either health, magic or attack is good, especially because the benefit you get from each level up is always noticeable.

• In most cases I'd prefer a new game but a good remake is better than nothing.

I wish they 'd give Xenosaga the .hack G.U. Last Recode treatment, unlike with G.U. I do own all 3 games as US import (G.U. only the 1st) but I'd still rebuy this.

After Resident Evil 2 Remake, which I hope will be good, I'd also like a remake of 3 and maybe Code Veronica as well, but they should be done like the REmake, not turned into a totally different game like FFVII Remake. And while we're at it, why not Dino Crisis 1&2 as well? Or how about Onimusha?

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, just give me something, new game, remake, idc, I want a Goemon game. If I had to choose it should be Goemon 64 as it is my favorite, use graphics similar to Yooka Layle maybe, colorful and cute, but stay true to the original in design and gameplay, just give it a better camera, look if there was stuff they had to cut out for the N64 release and put it in again, and keep the voice acting this time.

Imagine Body Harvest with GTA V graphics and controls, DO IT R*, bring Body Harvest back.

If they don't want to make a new one, at least make a remake of Trauma Center 2 for the Switch.

Soul Reaver with the engine of Rise of the Tomb Raider, that would be neat.

Something I'm probably the only one here who would care about, remakes of Touhou 1-5 with the current Touhou engine, maybe even 6. 1-5 would also need rearranges of their OSTs of course. Personally I'd prefer if they would turn Touhou 1 into a shmup like the others for this, not this odd Breakout type of game.

Ace Combat 3, just to make things right and to give us the full game this time, but I wouldn't mind a 1-3 collection either.

The Trails in the Sky trilogy and the Crossbell Duology in the engine of Cold Steel 1&2 or even 3, holy shit would that be epic, I'd pay 60 bucks for each of those 5 games.

After Burst Re:Newal of course I'd like to see a remake of Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson from the 3DS, and a port/remaster of Shinobi Versus so I can have the whole series on PS4.

When I played Earth Defense Force 4 and leveled buildings with a tank, I was thinking "Man, would be cool if Blast Corps would look like this". I'm not entirely sure if a Blast Corps would work with a 3rd person camera but maybe they could give us different camera options so you can play how you like it.

• @Caleb_Aranda said in What Games Do You Think Should Be Remade?:

I'd love to see an Eternal Darkness remake. I loved the concept of screwing with the player in order to generate feelings of paranoia. With all the advancements in technology since then, particularly with consoles, I'd love to see what new things they could do.

And, for the sake of Huber, I'll throw Onimusha in this list as well.

Omg! Are you me? :-) Too little games mess with the players head like Eternal Darkness..
    I'm gonna suggest something weird here, but I'd love a Hellgate Londen remake. There's just so much potential there! A diablo 3 clone set in modern London with guns and magic and swords andere big ass demons..imagine it on current gen...glorious!

• @Gaming_Groove I checked out your review didn't see it at the time. I have to say I feel pretty much the same about the game. Its a lost masterpiece. If it was released on Ps1 of N64 at the time the game would revered by millions.

• Streets of Rage 1-3
    Literally every Treasure game ever made

• Global Moderator

Good question. There have already been some good remakes/remasters this gen and I am soo happy that Zone of the Enders 2 also now get a PS4/VR update! <3

I was thinking about which games I would like to play again the other day. One game that really came to my mind was Burnout 3. This is one of my favourite arcade racing games which I put a lot of time into on the PS2 and the games after havent really been of same standard. I mean they could give us updated graphics, increase the viewing distance and clearer idea of the horizon. Add in some more songs of similar style, maybe a car or two more and they would be good to go.

Was gonna say FF 9, but now they have ported the PC version. I mean its cool but its not fully what I wanted, since they updated the character models they should of done the same with the backgrounds.

• Panzer Dragoon Saga - everyone needs to be able to play this one and I would love a sequel story wise

Shining Force 3 - need all 3 scenarios translated and released in English!

Persona 2 - IS is a great story, wasn't easy to go back and play due to contact system, and EP continues this story, but the story is back heavy and needs to be reworked

• @El-Shmiablo said in What Games Do You Think Should Be Remade?:

Streets of Rage 1-3
    Literally every Treasure game ever made

Check out the unofficial fan-made Streets of Rage remake - it's exactly this and it's amazing.

• I would love a MotorStorm Trilogy HD Remaster.

1080p / 60fps + 4k / 60fps on Pro.

With lots of realistic racing games around these days, a fun arcade racer would be welcome and the MotorStorm games were great fun, especially Apocalypse, with it's crazy destruction and courses that change with each lap.

• Youtube Video

I would love if Nintendo remade Mother 3 in the vision of the original N64 version. Itoi would have to come back on board to oversee. Everything is there though. - Lucas, Claus, Flint, Boney, Dragos, etc. Exploring that world in 3D space would be magical.

Plus we might even get it in America this time!