ResetEra Is Now Open

• The Great Migration

Some info on how ppl can access the forum.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-great-migration.10/

Looks like they will be starting with invite only by reaching out to community leaders to know who they can add or avoid.

I think it's a exciting new start for a universal game forum. I believe that NeoGaf issues extended beyond just this one issue that allowed it to be so fragile in the first place. Industry ppl were very quick to jump ship and I think it motivated ppl that wanted change to finally make change. I hope that it can be as successful if not more than the previous house for game discussion and information.

I'm also happy to see ppl like Shinobi on the admin team.

• Awesome!

Despite being a "member" of NeoGaf for over a year, I was never able to post in the forums or contribute in any meaningful way. I hope I get a chance to join ResetEra, and contribute. Time will tell, I suppose.

At least there's a new alternative though, and the forum looks to be off to a great start. I'm happy.

• Banned

Too many rules and regulations.

I'd rather just shoot the shit on discord and curse to my hearts content.

• Hmmm...registration doesn’t seems to be open for the public. So, until that happens I will be floating in the ether.

• Looks like it's thriving. Great to see!

Will rejoin once its open for folks beyond invite.

• I don't understand the registration process, is it strictly for those who're friends with the admins or knows a friend who knows a friend who knows an admin? Seems very closed up at the moment and I don't know anyone so tough luck for me I guess :/

• @jaggafredde It's the episode of South Park where cartman buys an amusement park and only lets little amount of people in which makes people want to go in.

• Well I'll post in here with the hope somebody with an in will see it and let me play with the cool kids.

• @ib0show haha pretty much, well it's clever to get the hype going at least ;)

• @jaggafredde
    Admins/Mods etc. contacted community thread "leaders" (e.g. steam GAF) to open discord groups and to invite and verify interested ex(?) Gafers to those new discord groups. Other, dedicated and helpful people went to other forums where many gafers started to gather and posted in 'dedicated' threads that they would be starting such discord groups and invite&verify people (verified=having a GAF account). One such forum was slaent.com for example. Slaent.com was very open, helpful and there are a bunch of cool people around there btw (just like here!)
    About 11-12 hours ago resetEra went online and discord group after discord group was invited. Every discord group received a 'special' sign in code that was only valid for ~15 minutes and then sometimes a second one that lastet for ~10 minutes, if needed.
    As far as I understand, there were some problems with email verifications, some ISPs have DNS problems and aren't able to reach the new forum atm, most of Europe_era was asleep when invitations went out (~23 p.m. - 4 a.m.) and too many people had no chance to join a discord group in the first place.
    As far as I understand the current situation (I'm just a normal member! And not involved with development!) they want to try and bring in every interested (ex)gafer into the new community in matter of weeks. Verified people (=people with a GAF account) don't even need a paid email account atm(Gmail works currently best for registration), something that will be changed once the forum goes 100% public/open.

• @ISee Ah, definitely a complicated process but I understand why they're doing it considering the trolls. Hopefully I can get in at some point but it sounds like I'll be waiting at the sideline for awhile since I ended the GAF account and can't verify myself as easily. I joined GAF in 2005 btw so I guess I'm one of the oldies, 12 years, time flies! Anyway cool to see that the content is flowing in already! :)

• Overall, things are moving smoothly. Highly impressive for such a short start.

• @ISee
    Beat me to it while I was typing, thank goodness as well since I was only able to follow it second-hand through here at EZA and Slaent reading people trying to piece together what was going on and how things were evolving. Like many, and probably tons more, I too completely missed all the discords going up by not being around until quite late Sunday so I could only take things in from relatively far away.

Only additional piece of info I can add, for anyone that is/was over at Slaent and wonders why the thread mentioned that registration opened even though it's not, was that for a brief couple of minutes registration was accidentally opened up through the regular account creation method, unintentionally, which is when a few more like me just barely managed to register thanks to some observant Slaent thread users/mods catching that manual registration seemingly went live, which didn't last long, since they too didn't realize it was unintentional since one of the two gathering threads there was then locked since it seemed like everything was ready and its use was over.
    Like you said, way too many ways to not even be aware any of this, plus miss out or not even be aware of the discords or until too late (or even know what the heck discord is), that hopefully it won't take too long until they can open real registration for more members to be able to get in without having too wait overly long.

• @DangerMouse if I learn something new, I will try to pass it on here. No promises though... I can't be online all the time :(

Edit:

From my discord channel (admin):

The purpose of the soft launch wasn't to keep an exclusive club for a week or two, it was just to stagger registrations and let legitimate users establish the community before trolls inevitably came in. Since both of those things are accomplished, the admins' next goal is to get the site ready for the public. I believe it's quite close.

His tip: keep an eye on the official Twitter channel https://mobile.twitter.com/ReseteraForum

• I miss Geonaf, it was open for all and as long it's civil even allowed a MAGA thread. My Weeb Games thread there was also well received for the short time it existed. Hell even met some people I know there like the owner of Moe Gamer and Ian Miles Cheong.
    Oh well I am looking forward to the best of in my Twitter timeline.

• @ISee said:

@DangerMouse if I learn something new, I will try to pass it on here. No promises though... I can't be online all the time :(

Edit:

From my discord channel (admin):

The purpose of the soft launch wasn't to keep an exclusive club for a week or two, it was just to stagger registrations and let legitimate users establish the community before trolls inevitably came in. Since both of those things are accomplished, the admins' next goal is to get the site ready for the public. I believe it's quite close.

His tip: keep an eye on the official Twitter channel https://mobile.twitter.com/ReseteraForum

Yeah, it makes sense.
    Someone on the other forum relayed a couple of those messages to the thread that that was the likely plan.
    Glad I noticed you had already answered his question before I finished typing since you had more direct info.

• We have an EZA |OT| there, we welcome all the allies who'd want to hang out with us.

• I lurked around neogaf daily for gaming news and deals. I probably would have tried to join the forums myself but I don't have any email accounts beyond gmail. So I suppose I'll continue to lurk around resetera for gaming news before the gaming press gets their gaming news from resetera.

• @Axass I already started actively posting here and I'm not going to stop :)

• @Axass Cool do you have an invitation ??