ResetEra Is Now Open

• Overall, things are moving smoothly. Highly impressive for such a short start.

• @ISee
    Beat me to it while I was typing, thank goodness as well since I was only able to follow it second-hand through here at EZA and Slaent reading people trying to piece together what was going on and how things were evolving. Like many, and probably tons more, I too completely missed all the discords going up by not being around until quite late Sunday so I could only take things in from relatively far away.

Only additional piece of info I can add, for anyone that is/was over at Slaent and wonders why the thread mentioned that registration opened even though it's not, was that for a brief couple of minutes registration was accidentally opened up through the regular account creation method, unintentionally, which is when a few more like me just barely managed to register thanks to some observant Slaent thread users/mods catching that manual registration seemingly went live, which didn't last long, since they too didn't realize it was unintentional since one of the two gathering threads there was then locked since it seemed like everything was ready and its use was over.
    Like you said, way too many ways to not even be aware any of this, plus miss out or not even be aware of the discords or until too late (or even know what the heck discord is), that hopefully it won't take too long until they can open real registration for more members to be able to get in without having too wait overly long.

• @DangerMouse if I learn something new, I will try to pass it on here. No promises though... I can't be online all the time :(

Edit:

From my discord channel (admin):

The purpose of the soft launch wasn't to keep an exclusive club for a week or two, it was just to stagger registrations and let legitimate users establish the community before trolls inevitably came in. Since both of those things are accomplished, the admins' next goal is to get the site ready for the public. I believe it's quite close.

His tip: keep an eye on the official Twitter channel https://mobile.twitter.com/ReseteraForum

• I miss Geonaf, it was open for all and as long it's civil even allowed a MAGA thread. My Weeb Games thread there was also well received for the short time it existed. Hell even met some people I know there like the owner of Moe Gamer and Ian Miles Cheong.
    Oh well I am looking forward to the best of in my Twitter timeline.

• @ISee said:

@DangerMouse if I learn something new, I will try to pass it on here. No promises though... I can't be online all the time :(

Edit:

From my discord channel (admin):

The purpose of the soft launch wasn't to keep an exclusive club for a week or two, it was just to stagger registrations and let legitimate users establish the community before trolls inevitably came in. Since both of those things are accomplished, the admins' next goal is to get the site ready for the public. I believe it's quite close.

His tip: keep an eye on the official Twitter channel https://mobile.twitter.com/ReseteraForum

Yeah, it makes sense.
    Someone on the other forum relayed a couple of those messages to the thread that that was the likely plan.
    Glad I noticed you had already answered his question before I finished typing since you had more direct info.

• We have an EZA |OT| there, we welcome all the allies who'd want to hang out with us.

• I lurked around neogaf daily for gaming news and deals. I probably would have tried to join the forums myself but I don't have any email accounts beyond gmail. So I suppose I'll continue to lurk around resetera for gaming news before the gaming press gets their gaming news from resetera.

• @Axass I already started actively posting here and I'm not going to stop :)

• @Axass Cool do you have an invitation ??

• @Axass said in ResetEra Is Now Open:

We have an EZA |OT| there, we welcome all the allies who'd want to hang out with us.

I may well end up sharing my forum time between here and there when registration opens up again :)

• @Xliskin It's not invitation-based as the discords were as far as I know. I joined with free registration when it was open. I think they'll re-open registrations soon though, they just don't want too many people flocking to the site at once. I mean, they got 7000 members in like 5 hours.

BTW - I also encourage people to keep posting here on the official forum, not trying to convince anybody to leave this place, just wanted to tell everybody to pass by if they feel so. ;)

• @Axass Good to know I'll keep an eye on them , will keep posting here no worries thanks

• How do I register? In the discord group they told me to wait for registration to open.

• @LordBaztion it's in the link I posted in the OP. But long story short they aren't allowing public registrations yet due to security reasons. They're migrating validated ppl over first to get the community running. However you can still read through the posts and such. Hope that helps.

It seems that ppl who can be validated from the dudcird are getting in so you might have better info.

• I have an active link to invite people into a discord group: PM me asap if you want to join. Next invite will be soon (afaik)

Once in the discord group head over to GAF and PM skittzo0413 your discord name and number again. This is needed for verification.
    if you are banned:
    -Hit forgot password when logging into GAF to reset your password
    -PM skittzo0413 with your Discord name and id# in addition to your GAF username and password

If you're verified, this will be your last chance to guarantee full member status (non-junior) and to use gmail or any regular email to sign up. To register, go to http://resetera.com/ and click to sign up. You will need the code that will be posted in the #verified channel to complete the capcha.
    : Once the code goes live, it will be live for 10 MINUTES. When it's over, IT'S OVER. If you miss it, you will have to wait for open registration with paid email.

I'm waiting for private messages.

edit: And I'm out. Good night.

• I'm just gonna wait for open reg. I deleted discord a while ago. Cheers and good luck!

• Funny thing is I used it go days without posting, just browsing with a odd post here and there. Now that Reset has opened and I see all those user names I recogise happily posting away and I can't yet, it's like an itch I can't scratch and I feel totally left out.

Understand this is not a go at the admins or anything, and they have done a great job getting it up and running at such short notice.

Anyway that's enough moaning from me.

• thank you guys. It's so complicated. I will look for it later.

• @Axass I would love to if I could make an account! :p

• @ISee So currently invite codes are only for former neogaf users? Or is it possible to register without a gaf account?