Selective Creation: Top 25 Video Game Personalities

• So I've thought of doing this topic for awhile. What stopped me was that they are human beings we are dealing with and I didn't want it to get toxic.

PLEASE READ

So with that being said there is a major rule I'm implementing. I feel like it would be best if we refrain from criticism of people's choices in this list. Not because it isn't valid or worth discussing but because I don't want to see discussions take a nose dive into a pit of negativity. These are real people and I want to keep it all love and respect. There's enough critical feedback of these people on the internet.

RULES:

I want to again thank @Brannox for producing many these lists. They have been a great source of interaction and conversation on this forum.

The list is about individuals. It can be anyone that covers video games, whether that be twitch, YouTube, or any major site and even if they are part of a team.

• no allies allowed. We are all here because we like one or more of their work. Will allow for a more diverse list.

• After your first turn you may only add 1 person until 4 people have added after you OR 12 hours have passed since the last addition.

• Please carry over the list with your added person in your post so others can do the same.

• Please say something about the person. Why you like them, or your favourite episode of their work or anything positive really.

• Refrain from negative criticism. This isn't the topic.

Lastly I don't plan on making a KYB's out of this list for The same reason. However let me know what you think. If we can agree to keep it civil and allow for only constructive criticism of their work and not the person it self then maybe we can do a list.

Go forth and populate.

• Interesting one, then I'll start by thanking god then

Jim Sterling

Why, because it is Jim Fucking Sterling Son and I thank god for him.

Fuck Konami

On a serious note, I adore his persona, and for the most part, I really appreciate his criticism and insight.

• The only reason I'm not immediately adding any of the allies is because I know that they'll make the list at some point and wanted to make sure my pick made it on.

Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez

There are certainly more women then there used to be in games media, but still not a lot. Before I really got involved in games media, my only exposure to the gaming community was through IGN. As a result a lot of my favorite people in games media are from there, but my favorite is Miranda Sanchez. She just really knows her stuff and clearly loves games but isn't afraid to show her enthusiasm for traditionally feminine things like cute characters too. She taught me that I didn't have to make a choice between being feminine and being a gamer.

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron

I don't really keep up with a lot of "influencers" outside of EZA (which I'm not putting in since that feels like cheating) but his videos always get a laugh out of me. I think my favorite one (that's video games related, that Flex Tape one that came out a few weeks ago is 11/10) is a super old review of some game called Nimbus.

• @michemagius I know... I thought about adding a cap to how many ppl from the same group lol. But whatever if ppl really like all the EZA ppl the best then so be it. I'm really happy with the first two choices. I'm not familiar with yours but the name sounds familiar.

• @CGamor7 Yeah, it would be nice to see a good variety of people on the list but I'm sure some sites will dominate. And Miranda Sanchez isn't super well known among IGN staff I guess. She doesn't appear in their videos too often, but she was one of the hosts of IGN Anime Club when that was still going on. She's done reviews for a lot of anime games and MOBA's and she does a lot of community interaction. She's also worked on building some of the wikis on IGN, she's assigned to the Super Mario Odyssey Wiki right now. Her most recent on screen exploits have been through Crunchyroll since she appeared on their My Hero Academia show a lot. I think she acts primarily in a editorial role these days though.

• @CGamor7 Thanks for the kind words! This is an interesting idea, and I fully endorse your stance of absolutely no negativity and no Kill Your Babies for this. This feels like a great idea to increase exposure to other people, and subsequently discovering new personalities (to us anyway) that we may find entertaining or enlightening. I'm also surprised you didn't include a rule saying the Allies were not eligible ONLY because this is a forum where everyone is a fan of them, and as such it would be a bit obvious. I would like to ask a question however: Have you given any thought if all but one or two Allies make the list? That would seem really weird. All or none is I think the best course of action concerning our favorite group of lovable lads. Just a thought I wanted you to be aware of. Anyway, on to my addition!

Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller

This guy is nuts. I mean borderline insane. But I'm a big fan of his for one reason: He cares. Outside of the Allies, I don't think I have seen an individual go out of his way to try and connect with his audience/fans as much as he does, ESPECIALLY when something goes wrong by way of improper communication or something happening and pisses off his community. He's entertaining and even more terrifying, but behind the manic personality, he's still a good guy.

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit

While I love allies a lot, I feel like that this list should be Videogame personalities outside of EZA. That might just be me though.

That said, TB is someone I feel like I can respect in this industry. While I don't always agree with his opinions, I do respect his arguments on many topics.

• @Brannox hmmm. I don't know. I mean some allies are probably liked more than others. Are you saying that may be weird?

I guess the thing to me was that not all the allies would make it but I can see why that might be strange... maybe we couod and should disqualify them from the list. Any other thoughts on this from anyone?

• @CGamor7 My entire stance is say Jones, Bosman, Damiani, Ben, Don, Bloodworth, and Huber are nominated. What about Ian and Brad? This is just one of a myraid of combinations and having a single ally not be nominated by list's end would just feel bizarre if at least one Ally does make it.

• @Brannox so after giving it
    Some thought im going to disqualify them from the list. Enabling them to be defaulted on the list defeats the purpose of the list so it's better to remove them all together. We all are here because of the allies whether that be one or all of them. Anyways we all know Bosman is number 1, so not much more needs to be said about that lol.

• @CGamor7 As I said in my previous post, I feel that this would be in my opinion better if we didn't include Allies. As I feel like that it's given that we do love them a lot, though not all here love all allies equally, which is just completely normal. As there are many other personalities outside the EZA, I feel like this thread would be perfect opportunity give people outside of EZA some well deserved attention.

• Staying clear of this one. I really truly cannot stand most outlets and personalities besides the Easy Allies. I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt and maybe you can point me in the right direction, but man these YT personalities are rough sometimes.

• Can the list be 'top video game personalities who haven't been outed as sexist or white nationalist?'

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier

He's not a Youtube personality (yet?), but he's an actual, honest to goodness video games journalist in a marketplace where opinion pieces and reaction videos are overwhelmingly prevalent in the industry. Also, my brief interactions with him on GAF, he's always seemed like a solid dude. He gets a lot of shit (death threats and etc) for breaking news, but I appreciate him.

See:
    the recent piece he wrote at Kotaku: The Collapse of Visceral's Star Wars Game that's been linked all over the place

NYT article about how Game Dev Crunch is ruining health and lives of some people the industry

And one that strikes close to home, as I STILL OWN THIS PIECE OF TRASH - The Worst Strategy Guide Ever Made

• @TokyoSlim great choice. It doesn't have to be a YouTube personality. It's anyone who covers games so it's all good!

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley

since the list is moving slower than usual I'm going to add one :)

I like a lot of what he does in general. He's always chill, but he's always keeping himself busy contributing to the industry in someway. His push for a better game awards that isn't bogged down by misunderstood corporate influence has been a nice change too even though there's still a bit if cheese here and there lol.

• The only other youtube gaming personalities I watch regularly other than EZA is Outside Xbox and Outside Xtra, but I suppose they don't count since I think of them as a team more than individually.

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley
    MetalJesusRocks

One of the few friendly and informative non-Allies. Collects and shows off a wide variety of retro gaming stuff.