Selective Creation: Top 25 Video Game Personalities

• Staying clear of this one. I really truly cannot stand most outlets and personalities besides the Easy Allies. I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt and maybe you can point me in the right direction, but man these YT personalities are rough sometimes.

• Can the list be 'top video game personalities who haven't been outed as sexist or white nationalist?'

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier

He's not a Youtube personality (yet?), but he's an actual, honest to goodness video games journalist in a marketplace where opinion pieces and reaction videos are overwhelmingly prevalent in the industry. Also, my brief interactions with him on GAF, he's always seemed like a solid dude. He gets a lot of shit (death threats and etc) for breaking news, but I appreciate him.

See:
    the recent piece he wrote at Kotaku: The Collapse of Visceral's Star Wars Game that's been linked all over the place

NYT article about how Game Dev Crunch is ruining health and lives of some people the industry

And one that strikes close to home, as I STILL OWN THIS PIECE OF TRASH - The Worst Strategy Guide Ever Made

• @TokyoSlim great choice. It doesn't have to be a YouTube personality. It's anyone who covers games so it's all good!

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley

since the list is moving slower than usual I'm going to add one :)

I like a lot of what he does in general. He's always chill, but he's always keeping himself busy contributing to the industry in someway. His push for a better game awards that isn't bogged down by misunderstood corporate influence has been a nice change too even though there's still a bit if cheese here and there lol.

• The only other youtube gaming personalities I watch regularly other than EZA is Outside Xbox and Outside Xtra, but I suppose they don't count since I think of them as a team more than individually.

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley
    MetalJesusRocks

One of the few friendly and informative non-Allies. Collects and shows off a wide variety of retro gaming stuff.

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley
    MetalJesusRocks
    Clint "LGR" Basinger

While not exclusively a gaming personality, his passion for old tech and games is something I have to adore. Also, I could listen him to talk all day, just like with Brandon's voice.

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley
    MetalJesusRocks
    Clint "LGR" Basinger
    Torje Amundsen

guy is seventeen, pops out of nowhere, nabs the OoT world record, rides away into the sunset while whistling Saria's Song and acting like he just went to the grocery store or something. Also hosts som very good-vibes streams and did this awesome speedrunning bit on nickelodeon. (??!)

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley
    MetalJesusRocks
    Clint "LGR" Basinger
    Torje Amundsen
    Mike "Mike Ross" Ross

Youtube Video

Nobody is better at being the worst of the best at fighting games.

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley
    MetalJesusRocks
    Clint "LGR" Basinger
    Torje Amundsen
    Mike "Mike Ross" Ross
    Matthewmatosis

Love this guy for his in-depth game analysis, especially around the Mario, Metal Gear and dark souls series. His videos are usually long form but very well researched and edited. His videos have given me a greater respect for game design and made me rethink my views on certain games.

Youtube Video

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley
    MetalJesusRocks
    Clint "LGR" Basinger
    Torje Amundsen
    Mike "Mike Ross" Ross
    Matthewmatosis
    Running Shine

I'm just gonna take this as a chance to promote one of my favorite youtube channels since it only has like four videos and not even a thousand subscribers. I wanna say upfront that most of you wont' like his stuff since the humor can get extremely crude, but that's okay. If even one person reading this does then I'm happy to share it. I had him recommended to me as basically being Plinkett Reviews but for video games, and that isn't too far from the truth. His best video is easily the one about Tony Hawk's Underground.

@jipostus love me some LGR, one of my few other favorites.

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley
    MetalJesusRocks
    Clint "LGR" Basinger
    Torje Amundsen
    Mike "Mike Ross" Ross
    Matthewmatosis
    Running Shine
    Danny O'Dwyer

Don't get me wrong, I love it whenever we get a Retro from the Allies, but Mr. O'Dwyer's NoClip is all about documentaries and interviews and after a year of operation, he's done fantastic series on Final Fantasy XIV's rebirth, the breakout success of Rocket League, a SIX part series about the establishment of CD Projekt Red and the creation of the Witcher III, mysteries/player discovery in games with a focus on Frog Fractions, Spelunky, and the Witness, and my personal favorite, a three part series on how DOOM 2016 came to be with the world reveal of what the DOOM 4 project looked like. He's also done interviews with various developers at GDC (which he's still parsing out) AND did a one-off interview with John Romero. Not only does he have a great body of work post-Gamespot career, but he's actually a really nice guy, and I'm lucky to say that I had the opportunity to meet with him for like, two minutes.

• @Brannox I already knew he should be part of this list. Glad to see he made it. I haven't watched any of the new stuff but I use to watch him before.

• @CGamor7 With the exception of DOOM, many of his projects' focuses are not for me, but I love the storytelling and editing he does, so I watch everything he puts out.

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley
    MetalJesusRocks
    Clint "LGR" Basinger
    Torje Amundsen
    Mike "Mike Ross" Ross
    Matthewmatosis
    Running Shine
    Danny O'Dwyer
    Victor Lucas

I honestly forgot about this guy until someone brought him up in a thread not long ago. I loved watching reviews on the run back in the 90's and to see him still doing stuff is awesome. The production quality is great and he has a lot of interviews with industry ppl. It's also nice to have some people staying simple and not getting to deep into gimmicks for entertainment purposes.

I did a quick Google search of him and the guy turns 50 soon! Wtf. This industry is starting to show its age...

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley
    MetalJesusRocks
    Clint "LGR" Basinger
    Torje Amundsen
    Mike "Mike Ross" Ross
    Matthewmatosis
    Running Shine
    Danny O'Dwyer
    Victor Lucas
    Anne Wernicke

Although I'm a Finn myself, let's get a German in the list für die deutschsprachigen Spieler der Welt. "Inside PlayStation" is where she has her kingdom, I should watch that some more. And she seems to be a good friend with Ian, so let's get Anne on a new Easy Update soon again.

• My negativity got the best of me. There are plenty of great gaming personalities.

Let's go Victor Lucas!

• Jim Sterling
    Miranda Sanchez
    Jontron
    Greg Miller
    Totalbiscuit
    Jerma
    Jason Schreier
    Geoff Keighley
    MetalJesusRocks
    Clint "LGR" Basinger
    Torje Amundsen
    Mike "Mike Ross" Ross
    Matthewmatosis
    Running Shine
    Danny O'Dwyer
    Victor Lucas
    Anne Wernicke
    Adam Sessler

If you are talking about vidya personalities, you gotta include one of the OG's of the game...

alt text

If you don't know who he is, here is a little introductory video...

Youtube Video