Wanted 2017 games

• 2017 has been a crazy year for me, but despite the high amount of games I've bought from this years releases, there's still a lot I need.

What games have you passed on in 2017 that you REALLY want?

• there are two I'll likely buy this month

Yakuza 0
    Ys 8

and of top of that if i happen to get a Switch this year, I'll be getting Odyssey and Mario+Rabbids

I feel bad about not getting Divinity, but I haven't even finished Pillars of Eternity so I feel like I shouldn't dip into that without finishing that one first.

• I got pretty much everything I want this year so far except Ys VIII, which I knew will be a trainwreck, NISA can't handle such a big project. But I won't be buying this until the translation patch comes out, which they just announced was delayed till next year, gonna buy a used copy then.

• Divinity: Original Sin II
    Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Nioh
    Nier: Automata
    Ys VIII
    Persona 5
    Cuphead
    Danganronpa V3
    Yooka-Laylee
    Prey
    Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
    Tekken 7

And many others...

• Divinity is soooooo good guys. I encourage you to give it a shot.

As for me: For Honor, Pyre, Destiny 2, Life is strange, Portal knights, Lego worlds and Elex. There are some other great games I've skipped this year, but are not my cup of tea.

• nothing for me till next year.

for next year 2 games im most hype for are System shock and Metro Exodus.

• I haven't gotten Cuphead or Super Mario Odyssey yet. Cuphead I'll likely get for PC by the end of the month. Odyssey on the other hand depends on when I get a switch. I usually buy new consoles around the New Year, so I'll probably have to wait until then.

• @Musou-Tensei said in Wanted 2017 games:

I got pretty much everything I want this year so far except Ys VIII, which I knew will be a trainwreck, NISA can't handle such a big project. But I won't be buying this until the translation patch comes out, which they just announced was delayed till next year, gonna buy a used copy then.

Ys VIII is far from a train wreck.

• @Sheria The President of NISA himself seems to disagree, the re-localization is a big project which requires even re-recordings of voice clips and won't be done this year anymore. I'd rather play Mario Sunshine again (which after experiencing the awesomness of Odyssey, I would probably hate even more now than I do already) before I give NISA a cent for this mess, that could have been avoided by simply giving the game to Xseed, how it should be.

• Nier: Automata: I wanted it because of Platinum but I decided on not to buying it after playing the demo.
    Yakuza 0: I had only played 3 at the time and wanted to play 4 and 5, I'm currently playing Yakuza 0 by borrowing it from a friend.
    Persona 5: I recently finished P4G at the time in preparation for Persona 5. I had my fill and decided on not getting it. It feels like a handheld game to me now. Might get it and play it remote play.
    Farpoint: Too Pricey and I'm not a big fan of FPS.
    Nex Machina: Waiting on a sale to buy it.
    Hellblade: Waiting on a sale to buy it.
    Sonic Mania: I'm hoping for a physical edition to come out.
    Yakuza Kiwami: Waiting to finish Yakuza 0, might borrow it from my friend after 0.
    Absolver: Might get it on sale.
    Friday the 13th: Waiting to see the single player
    South Park The Fractured But Whole: I didn't get it because it looks like new South Park while I like the old South Park which the first game did a lot of.
    Gran Turismo Sport: Might get it on sale.
    Wolfenstein 2: Might get it on sale.
    Assassin's Creed Origins: Might get it on sale.

• I've probably played more games this year than any other year, and there's still quite a few I haven't managed to buy/play. 2017 is crazy.

The ones that are left for me:

• Horizon Zero Dawn
    • Persona 5
    • What Remains of Edith Finch
    • Prey
    • Golf Story
    • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
    • Hollow Knight
    • Yooka-Laylee

And that's only the games that have already been released...

• I thought I had a couple, then I read this thread. Curled up in a ball. And cried for all the free time I do not have.

• Hollow Knight
    Night in the Woods
    Divinity: Original Sin II
    Cuphead (when I get a PC that can run it flawlessly)
    South Park The Fractured But Whole
    Snake Pass
    Golf Story
    Beat Cop
    Poi
    Rain World
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd (once I get through the other parts)
    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (when they fix the localization)
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (but I'm not paying 60 for just the Battle Mode I want since I already own 8 on Wii U)

Probably more I'm forgetting.

• Horizon zero dawn
    Ys 8
    yakuza 0
    yakuza kiwami
    arms
    mk8 deluxe
    spatoon 2
    mario rabbids
    fire emblem warriors

• ys 8
    • A night in the woods
    • Wolfenstein 2
    • The Nonary games
    • Dishonored 2 Death of the outsider
    • Danganronpa 3

• Global Moderator

For me it was mainly down to my budget in the beginning of the year that made me miss out on a bunch of games. So the games I want now is:

Nier: Automata
    Persona 5
    Yakuza 0

Those are the main games I feel that I have missed, then I kinda want cupheads and assassins creed origins.

From now until the end of the year I will however spend as much time as I can biting them off, so hope I can at least have played some of it by the end so I can participate in the GOTY discussions

• For me it's mainly anything on the Switch since I can't afford that system just yet. I'm super sad to not have tried Breath of the Wild, Odyssey, Splatoon 2 or Mario+Rabbids.

Otherwise I would still like to pick up:
    South Park
    Assassin's Creed Origins
    Pyre
    Yakuza Kiwami
    Star Wars Battlefront 2

But I'm fine waiting until all of those get much cheaper.

• Well it's a good job the game seems to be doing well for itself in the eyes of most people who bought it. I guess we have some different opinions on what constitutes a "train wreck".

I'm not sure what Mario has to do with this though.

• @Sheria He's just saying he hates Sunshine. Don't you know it's cool to hate on Sunshine? It's cool to hate on Galaxy now too since Nintendo compared it to 3D World and broke people's illusion of lumping it in with 64 and Sunshine.

• @Sheria I used Mario Sunshine, a game I genuinely despise and would call the Banjo Nuts and Bolts of Mario games, as an "I'd rather" comparison.

@Mbun I don't hate Galaxy (1&2) nor 3D World (nor Land nor the NSMB series), both are great and I had a lot of fun with them, that is simply not the case with Sunshine which was most probably the biggest dissapointment of the GC era for me, I honestly hate that game, I tried it several times over the span on many years (I bought it on release) with the last time being only a few months ago, but the result is always the same, having no fun, becoming utterly annoyed by everything in the game (especially FLUDD though), rage quitting.