The Game Awards 2017. Who has your vote?

• Giving Best Audio or Best Performance to anything other than Hellblade will be a joke.

Same for Ongoing Game and Warframe. One of the games on that list isn't even finished, and another is a monumental step backward compared to it's previous game. Warframe is one of the most incredible evolutions of a game I've ever seen, and it is all totally free.

My GotY is going to Horizon though.

• @El-Shmiablo said in The Game Awards 2017. Who has your vote?:

One of the games on that list isn't even finished, and another is a monumental step backward compared to it's previous game.

Last I checked Warframe still calls itself a Beta.

• Yakuza 0 was definitely slighted. Will be curious to see if next year, Yakuza 6 with all it's improvements gets any nominations.

• I'm cutting categories that mean nothing to me.

From the nominations:

GOTY: Mario Odyssey
    Direction: RE VII
    Narrative: NieR: Automata
    Art: Persona 5
    Score/Music: NieR: Automata
    Audio: RE VII
    Games for Impact: Life is Strange: Before the Storm
    Handheld: Ever Oasis
    VR/AR: RE VII
    Action: Prey
    Action Adventure: Super Mario Odyssey
    RPG: Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Family: Super Mario Odyssey
    Anticipated: Monster Hunter: World .... I guess.

My personal picks:

GOTY: Prey
    Direction: RE VII
    Narrative: Life is Strange: Before the Storm
    Art: Gravity Rush 2
    Score/Music: NieR: Automata
    Audio: RE VII
    Games for Impact: Life is Strange: Before the Storm
    Indie: Thimbleweed Park
    Handheld: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
    VR/AR: RE VII
    Action: Prey
    Action Adventure: RE VII
    RPG: Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Family: Super Mario Odyssey
    Anticipated: Fear Effect Reinvented / System Shock

• @Sheria I was actually a bit surprised Gravity Rush 2 didn't make the Art category. That game has a very distinct and aesthetically pleasing style.

• @Hazz3r That is semantics at this point. The "beta" has been going on for 6 years now. The game is very, very much a complete experience.
    Meanwhile PUBG has optimization issues that even beastly rigs can't always brute force.

@michemagius Released too early in the year and too niche. Don't get me wrong I think the game is absolutely beautiful, but this has happened for years.

• @El-Shmiablo But you literally can't access the final 4-5 Mastery Levels can you not? There is not enough content in the game for you to do so.

• @Hazz3r There is more content in Warframe than most full retail games.
    I know you are trying to argue the devil's advocate right now, but you are being silly.

• @El-Shmiablo Amount of content compared to other games is inconsequential. There isn't enough content in the game in order to reach Mastery Level 30. Digital Extremes themselves say that the game isn't complete and it's still in Beta.

If people want to argue that PUBG shouldn't win because it's "not finished", despite over 2 million people playing the game every single day, then I will argue that Warframe shouldn't win because it is "not finished" despite it's wealth of already existing content

• Banned

I'm not even remotely interested in the Circlejerk awards.
    I already keep track of the industry all year long so I know what's good and what's bad.

That's not to say I don't appreciate the hard work that Geoff Keighley puts in to making it all work. Especially after the travesty that Spike once hosted.

• @Hazz3r Okay.

@Art You mean you don't judge the games you play off of the amount of industry accolades they receive?
    What are ya, some kinda communist?

• @Art

I honestly hate award shows but it's nice that people can get recognition for their work and hopefully it helps them get further in their careers. It isn't always an ego-driven madhouse. I think the newer and more tame format is a lot more tasteful than it used it be in the TV-era (like you said). I won some awards for my thesis project (two short films and exhibit) and it has certainly helped my career.

• Ask me next year after I've played all these games :D