Sports?

• Weirdest of weird, Finals loses to Germany and Canada beats the states so Canada finishes tops in Group A. Canada gets Switzerland in the quarters (always a scary game) and Finland has to prepare for an unfamiliar foe in Sweden...it's too bad they're meeting so early and one will have to go home. Should be a damn good game though with Pettersson and Kakko.

• Yeah, the Germany game didn't look too good for us. And now it'll be the Nordic classic, FIN - SWE. Our dear neighbor we have this eternal weird attitude towards in ice-hockey. Like it'll always be the absolute worst if it's Sweden who beats us in the crucial games. I'm predicting a huge viewer count tomorrow.

• Well that was a game to remember! Holy shit. We did it.

• @sentinel-beach Wow! Both Canada and Finland with insane late comebacks. Congrats! Never hurts to see the States lose either. All in all, a good day at the WHC.

• It's on to the finals, babyhhhh! Goddammit, the last 10 minutes were insane. Lankinen was on fire!

• @sentinel-beach hopefully see you there! Although that Russia team was way more stacked than this Canadian team so I don't like our chances. Not to mention the previous loss. Normally, I would say a wager is in order but I don't know how people across the planet from eachother would do that.

• @e_zed_eh_intern Well you did it as well, it'll be a rematch. And we'll beat you again, hohoo! ;)

Maybe the loser could have to make an appreciation thread here or something. "Ten reasons why Finland/Canada is a better country than Canada/Finland"? With as earnest or as ridiculous things as one likes listed. I don't know. :)

• @sentinel-beach I very much love that. Shake

• Surreal feeling in Toronto tonight since we made it to the NBA Finals for the first time ever. THOUSANDS flooded the streets for hours before the game even started. Now it’s an endless party. Horns honking, people cheering. Toronto is just one city but the whole entirety of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area, multiple cities with millions of people) is celebrating. You physically can’t even drive right now. Thousands at the arena but tens of thousands across multiple cities freaking out about the win. It’s unreal.

To top it all off, I made $330 betting on this game. I can’t believe I’m saying this but GO RAPTORS

• Marko "MÖRKÖ" Anttila! Kevin Lankinen! Jukka Jalonen the God Tier Coach! What an intense game. Holy shit, the third time ever for us! And with what a team, nobody expected this from this "nameless" team this year. Amazing. These last three games especially.

• Global Moderator

@sentinel-beach Congratulations! :D After you beat us (Sweden) I was hoping you would go all the way, stunishing preformance!

• One photo to perfectly sum up the atmosphere in Helsinki last night, propably an hour after the big win. :)
    (Photo by Lassi Rinne)

alt text

• @sentinel-beach Additional good news: Vancouver was not destroyed following the loss.

• @dipset So insane they made it. It's kind of bitter sweet as it always felt like Derozan gave it all for Toronto but I guess the painful truth is they just weren't good enough with him. I would love to see the Warriors fall and if it could be at the same time as the Raptors winning their first title, all the better.

• @sentinel-beach

Congrats lads. I could only catch the 2nd period unfortunately.

@e_zed_eh_intern said in Sports?:

@dipset So insane they made it. It's kind of bitter sweet as it always felt like Derozan gave it all for Toronto but I guess the painful truth is they just weren't good enough with him. I would love to see the Warriors fall and if it could be at the same time as the Raptors winning their first title, all the better.

DeRozan gave it his all in Toronto but it just didn't work out. It was the same when the Jays went all out getting David Price and Josh Donaldson to join Bautista to win a World Series. Close but no cigar. Its no love lost but Raps had to let him go. I wasn't even mad when VC left eons ago but Toronto was never the same since.

• Champions League final today. Feels like all the pressure is on Liverpool so I'm a little bit worried that will show but at the same time I am hopeful they will win.

• @tokeeffe9 super excited, I honestly have no horse in the race anymore and would love to see either take it, after the incredible games there's been so far this season I hope this one doesn't disspoint.

• Tottenham winning Champions League would just be the weirdest

• Well halftime at the moment and I think both teams needed it really. Liverpool 1 up from an early penalty and have had some chances but the quality overall hasn't been great. Probably down to the absence of a competitive match for nearly 3 weeks now for both teams.

Hoping Liverpool can raise it a few gears.

• That ended up being a dissapointing game, but oh well very happy to see Klopp finally win the UCL